Verizon to add LTE for locations in Indiana, North Carolina and Michigan on June 21st
source: Verizon (1), (2), (3), (4), (5)
1. Jyakotu posted on 05 Jun 2012, 19:33 0 4
I'm shocked that AT&T launched their 4G LTE in Charlotte, NC before Verizon did. I always thought Verizon had 4G LTE coverage here already, but I guess I was wrong...
3. VZAZGuy posted on 05 Jun 2012, 19:58 2 0
How many "actual" 4G markets does AT&T actually even have? What's Verizon at? The wonderful thing about Verizons 4G is that it's actually 4G.......AWESOME!
12. DigitalBoy05 posted on 06 Jun 2012, 16:20 0 1
while i agree with you that HSPA+ is just a faster version of 3G, AT&T is actively launching LTE now in its markets. Still very limited for now but within a few years hopefully they will have caught up to VZW.
9. CPGustafson511 posted on 06 Jun 2012, 02:35 2 0
Verizon launched LTE in Charlotte way back in December 2010. This is the second expansion there.
2. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 05 Jun 2012, 19:45 0 4
WOW got all excited when i read LTE in Michigan and only 1 freaking city and it's nowhere near me. Got it all around me in Kalamazoo and Lansing, but no just no. Was told we would have it over a year ago.
4. Galen20K posted on 05 Jun 2012, 20:04 3 1
Verizon LTE is all around all big cities in South-East Michigan, thats what matters most.
5. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 05 Jun 2012, 22:40 0 3
That's great and all but I am still waiting for it in my city and the cities around me that I actually visit and since Verizon told me over a year ago we would have it in my area, yea I think I have a good reason to be impatient at this point. I want in on the LTE network that so many people have been spoiled and ungrateful about.
6. JC557 posted on 05 Jun 2012, 22:53 2 0
You do realize that Verizon can't just place towers or new equipment as they please right?
7. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 05 Jun 2012, 23:39 0 2
And you also realize they shouldnt make claims and give dates too right?
At&t has hspa + here
metropcs has lte here
20 miles from me has Verizon both north and west from me.
8. JC557 posted on 06 Jun 2012, 00:18 2 0
Just like when Verizon said to hope to have FiOS in my area until the municipalities said no. In the end it's not always up to Verizon, they have to deal with the townships and cities which may or may not work out as planned.
13. DigitalBoy05 posted on 06 Jun 2012, 16:21 1 0
im pretty grateful to have it... just sayin.
10. Beholder88 posted on 06 Jun 2012, 07:08 1 0
I live northeast of Pittsburgh, PA, and the map shows there is no 4G LTE here yet, but my RAZR has been showing it for a month now. It's been erratic and sometimes will not show up for a few days. I would say they must be preparing for another expansion in the Pittsburgh area soon.
11. networkdood posted on 06 Jun 2012, 10:57 1 0
I finally was able to experience 4G lte in Gilroy CA....14 megs down and 7 megs up...yeah!!!!