Verizon to AT&T: reliability isn't "a hollow claim. Or a slogan."
1. xtroid2k (Posts: 499; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
Having worked for Verizon wireless in the past, I can truely attest to the standards they hold them selves to. They constantly train the employees and are alwats looking to innovate. I have friends who still work there.
I can't say ATT is bad neither and I really do hope they have what they are advertising. Personally I've used vzw in at least 15 or more states without dropping a call. I've used the net in more then 5 states however to be fair some was 3g and some 4g.
Personally I look through these add compaigns and find what works for me and today that's my GS3 on metropcs.
10. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Well, I have been a Verizon Wireless customer for the past 12 years and can affirm everything they say and state. Furthermore, I can disavow everything AT&Tragic claims!! I've also used the other carriers, including AT&Terrible aka Cingular/Cingucrap aka Ma' Bell and here's my sumnary from best and most reliable to worst which includes coverage and customer service (just to consider a couple of factors; not all):
1. Verizon - Plain and simple: truly most reliable service and comprehensive 3G/4G/4GLTE coverage nationwide; I haven't had a dropped call in at least 6 years. Customer service is based stateside and not outsourced to some thrid-workd country where English is barely spoken; I always experience EXCELLENT Customer Service.
2. T-Mobile - Coverage not as comprehensive and their 4GLTE coverage is limited to very few markets; voice calls are clear but, my Mom, sister and brother experience dropped calls on a regular basis (at least a few times per week). Customer service is outsourced and horrendous; my brother was once told by a "service" rep' to contact Samsung directly regarding the pending update that would bring Multi Window functionality to his Note 2 back in December 2012.
3. AT&T(RAGIC) - Only #3 because Sprint is SOOOOO abysmal in terms of everything.
Before T-Mo' my Mom had Cingular/Cingucrap - dropped calls all the time and choppy voice reception when call didn't drop. Customer service also outsourced.
4. Sprint - had it before Verizon back in 1999 and again in 2010 (for 5 months with the HTC EVOOOO); SUCKED in '99 but, improved in 2010 and, unfortunately, their infrastructure wasn't strong enough to support the growth in post-paid subscribers once they added the iPhone. Their data service is now as SLOOOOW as a turtle and their voice is choppy. They also lease out their network to Virgin and a few others in addition to having their own PrePaid service (Boost or, as I like to say, Bust) and, therefore, their network is severely bottle-necked. And, the WORST Customer Service of any U.S. carrier.
14. Omarc07 (Posts: 282; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I havent had a dropped call or bad call quality on att in the past 2 years in California, vegas, texas and puerto rico btw verizon craps out in puerto rico it goes into roaming since theres no verizon over there nada since i was roaming when I had verizon on PR 75% of my calls dropped and sounded bad. Luckily att works awesome in PR.
15. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Omarcito, too bad I had those experiences with AT&T. I've known people over the years with AT&T here in NYC and they've never had good service; you're one of the lucky ones!!
17. nnjerzy (Posts: 93; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
I dont agree with anything you said,, i think those comments are you own,, only..!! Verizon overpriced,, nasty customer service reps... they dont do anything for the customers period... the LTE always went out or down with a outage!!!
TMOB LTE & ATT LTE faster than Verizon,, limited but getting there but still faster.....
I have had TMOB for 4 months now,, funny how i havent had any dropped calls yet. And all the reps over the phone was nice and pleasant to deal with thus far.
And when I had ATT as well i had no issues with them at all either... I needed everything Unlim.. so i went for TMOB so it was a no brainer.. Verizon is over priced garbage
2. jroc74 (Posts: 5219; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
See....some ppl think reliable means fastest data speeds, or constantly fastest data speeds. Calls are part of reliability. Reception....phone and data.... is part of reliability.
Even tho in my area AT&T and Verizon are almost neck n neck for good to great service, I think Verizon might have the most coverage, least dead spots. That said....my PS Vita on AT&T's data plan had the best data reception of any smartphone I ever had on Verizon in my apt. That includes Motorola phones.
That could also be a hardware thing, as the Vita doesnt make calls; it could have better data hardware in it. Whatever the case it has me looking at AT&T a lil closer now.
3. -box- (Posts: 3933; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
AT&T and verizon seem to be more or less matched in terms of domestic experiences, save that verizon is more expensive.
As far as I have found from others, sprint (and their MVNOs) is the worst of all.
5. Goldeneye (Posts: 362; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
More expensive? how is that? similar pricing.
13. -box- (Posts: 3933; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Similar does not mean same Verizon tends to be $5-30 more expensive across the board for comparable plans. Hence, more expensive. In fact, they're one of the most expensive in the WORLD.
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5659; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i've been working for Asurion for the past few weeks and in my building Verizon and AT&T are just a floor apart and people doing calls for Verizon have soooo much more resources than the ones doing calls for AT&T. Verizon definitely cares the most about the customer experience.
6. zennacko (Posts: 236; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
Verizon claims reliability... and the capacity of rooting your GS4 should you update.
Now, if AT&T comes back to say that reliability for a carrier must include freedom, VZW will be a sad panda.
7. ojdidit84 (Posts: 422; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
Not really because your comment makes absolutely 0 sense...
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 13894; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Verizon sucks, they nickel and dime you for everything, and in Vegas drop calls, and have data outages just like everybody else. I've had the big four carriers for extended amounts of time, and AT&T "who's crappy too" has been the most reliable.