Verizon support confirms an update for the Galaxy Nexus "soon"
2. theo14461 (Posts: 156; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Verizon sucks! They are the biggest rip-off company in america.
3. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
too bad they have the best service....
and im a slave to them b/c of my unlimited data plan
7. BattleBrat (Posts: 1038; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Same here, If they kill my unlimited data I'm Going to TMo!
14. ayephoner (Posts: 836; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
I already have. I sold my unlimited data plan, which was enough to pay for my Nexus 4. I am so happy I am done with verizon and this awful phone.
I saw this article and laughed. They should change the name. This was never a Nexus device.
4. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6118; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
then why u guys keep saying VERIZON is the best company than AT&T? their all the same and sucks
19. alouden (Posts: 186; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Honestly? Their NETWORK is the best. Customer service is good. The techs read from a script that ends with "okay we need to do a hard reset" so the help is limited. So maybe they are more polite than actually being good. Everything else is bad. Rates, bad. Phones generally bad (they find ways to screw up the phone or not make good phones available to their customers in favor of "exclusives."). Phone updates, bad. Their greed, offensive. Their need for total control, offensive. But since my wife LOVES Verizon, I tolerate it by doing things to my phone Verizon would rather I not do: root, use google wallet, etc.
So why? The network trumps all. Or it used to. Like others, I am reaching the limit of my tolerance.
T mobile is looking appealing. I want to keep unlimited data. Their recent news has made them far more appealing than keeping Verizon.
18. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
like who att with bad customer service and no service for the same price
6. dorianb (Posts: 347; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Odds that the update is like the ones HTC devices have been receiving. I.E. removing bloatware & ONLY bloatware? -_-*
11. Synack (Posts: 658; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Never dealt with Verizon when I had that phone, just kept loading the latest updates thanks to devs.
15. ayephoner (Posts: 836; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
That is not at all why someone buys a Nexus phone though. I commend you for beating the system, but it was so frustrating knowing that after buying a Nexus device on launch day that I was always behind the curve.
12. wumberpeb (Posts: 414; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
Verizon Galaxy Nexus: The red-headed step-child of the Nexus family who's forced to live in the tool shed
13. mrbtree (Posts: 59; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i can't believe phonearena did not know that any carrier sold version of the galaxy nexus had the updates provided by samsung, it's the same thing here in australia. Vodafone and telstra get there updates from samsung
16. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 425; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
I own the nexus on Verizon... they do take long on updates.....Verizon is still better then all the other garbage carriers.... they give u the best service.... coverage.... 4glte...is must on smartphones......at&t.....and Verizon are the only options for ME..... sprint...T-Mobile... are going out of business... soon...mark my words...cricket or metro PC is better at making money then them...o yeah what happened to that merger T-Mobile... with metro...lol not
17. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
i spoke to a vzw customer service like 3days ago she said around march mid or end of it so what the lady told me was tru