Verizon stores prepare for their 7am opening for the iPhone 4
0. phoneArena posted on 10 Feb 2011, 00:17
Today is the day. Verizon stores will be opening at an early 7am as customers (new and existing) can come in and walk-out with a new iPhone 4. We've all heard the device sold-out last week and had high sales numbers, when current customers were able to pre-order it, so Verizon is expecting a large store turn-out today. So what are stores doing to prepare themselves, you may ask? Verizon shows us in a behind the scenes looks at one of its New York stores, as eager employees open the large brown shipping boxes full of iPhone 4s, placing them on shelves, as well as installing the display units for customers to try out before they buy. And don't forget about all the accessories too!
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. cheesehead (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 00:16 4 1
imma wait for the nxt one
2. siekone (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 00:26 2 1
I am very excited as a employee, I work 16 hours straight to today and have not been to bed yet and I am so pumped. Even though I use a droid and would never use IOS personally, I am happy for all the consumers who have been waiting for this moment. It will be a HUGE day today.
3. Sniggly posted on 10 Feb 2011, 00:28 1 1
Yay! Let the mayhem commence! I'm going to see if I can get to the store and record it on my DROID X!
4. phone333 posted on 10 Feb 2011, 01:36 4 0
Nice!!! I think I may pick one of these up so i can play Angry birds while waiting in line for the iphone 5 in a few months
5. Sniggly posted on 10 Feb 2011, 02:33 4 1
You can already play Angry Birds, absolutely free, on an Android phone. Or maybe you're being facetious, in which case, GOOD ONE, KIND SIR.
6. Ultimatephonefreak posted on 10 Feb 2011, 09:22 1 1
Actually, although Angry Birds is free from the Android Market I was unable to even play it due to lag from ads. Also, it randomly got deleted from my Droid in the middle of playing it. Don't ask me how but my Droid did some weird things.
8. networkdood posted on 10 Feb 2011, 11:28 0 2
That is why you root your phone....
9. Ultimatephonefreak posted on 10 Feb 2011, 11:32 2 0
You shouldn't have to root your phone.....
11. Sniggly posted on 10 Feb 2011, 12:00 1 1
My Droid X handled it absolutely fine. I can't tell you what the problem is without taking a look at your Droid (or Android phone, or whatevs). By "Droid" do you mean the original Droid or what? If you have one of the cheapie Droids with the crappy processors and low memory that may be your problem. I don't see the higher end Droids screw up very often at all.
12. indirect (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 12:44 1 1
Maybe get a phone with a better processor so you don't have a lag.. It's not the games fault your phone is slow.
10. mikeyle (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 11:45 0 0
hmmm... went to a mall with a bestbuy, 2 verizon stores and an apple store in the sfbay, and i havent seen a line or anything!
13. phoneseller (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 13:00 0 1
Work for a company that sells these things and um i was there at 7 and when i left at 1 30 we sold 3. im going with fail. must not be that bad on att huh?
14. Dave DaDude (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 15:14 1 0
Or maybe, just maybe, people actually decided to wait until they get off work to go and buy one that way they can spend the rest of the night playing with it. Then again, that's crazy talk, you're right, the worlds most popular phone is a huge fail on the nations best network!
16. ReallyUpset (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 17:03 0 0
Been having reception issues on my verizon iphone all day......then I read this:
I thought this was fixed!?!?!?!?!
17. source (unregistered) posted on 10 Feb 2011, 18:57 0 0
i work at a store that opened early for the launch. we thought we didnt have enough phones so we prepared for preorders and got other computers so we didnt have such a long wait. well we sold less than 5