Verizon shows off changelist for Motorola DROID 3 update
0. phoneArena 05 May 2012, 01:19 posted on
Verizon's website shows the changelist for the Motorola DROID 3 update that is currently the subject of a soak test; no surprise, Android 4.0 is not included most likely die to that paltry 512MB of RAM, but that doesn't mean that this is a minor update...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 10422; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Too bad it's not ice cream sandwich. Motorola has left owners of the Droid 3 in the dark on that one.
2. Droid4Life (unregistered)
why motorola, why? My Droid 3 craves ice cream sandwich
5. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 10422; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Get a better phone. I wouldn't personally ever consider getting something from Motorola due to things like this.
6. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
things like this happen with all OEMs.
7. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 10422; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
We're not talking about all OEMs. We are talking about Motorola here, but thank you for thumbing me down.
8. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
...Motorola is an OEM pal, by all definitions of the word. xD
anyways all OEMs have Phones or Tablets on the chopping block right now. the verdict is still out on whether this one is or not. the Droid 3 is a popular Phone and is the best actual usable World Phone on Verizon. it may yet receive ICS even if that takes a little while.
oh and you're welcome btw. ;)
3. Allen3697 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
I don't see why it's not getting ICS. Just as powerful as all the other phones. It's only a year old. F*ck Motorola.
9. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4270; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It's not getting ICS because of the limitations it was given by how little RAM it has. Though it has the same amount as the Nexus S, which has ICS, but the Nexus doesn't has a custom UI over it, and it still runs ICS slowly. They aren't updating it to ICS because they don't want the customers to possibly have a bad experience with it.
10. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i would've said the same thing if i hadn't experienced Moto's version of ICS myself. it's pretty damn close to Stock. o:
11. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4270; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Well yes, but still. It doesn't have that much memory to begin with, just getting stock would make it slower, along with that little bit of custom interface from Moto would make it even slower
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
even without ICS the Droid 3 is a pretty great phone. o:
12. Droid4Life (unregistered)
True. In my opinion, the droid 3 has a better design than the droid 4 and the only better thing about the d4 is that it is 4G. I am very pleased with my choice of phones.
13. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
and the 1GB of RAM but if you're traveling overseas this is hands down the best Android option for you on the carrier.