Verizon prepares 15 still unannounced phones for release

0. phoneArena 15 Aug 2007, 06:34 posted on

An internal Verizon Wireless document shows 15 still unannounced phones that are prepared for release before the end of the year...

posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:41

Wow! That's all I'll say!

posted on 15 Aug 2007, 23:22

2. someone (unregistered)

This is VERY good news for Verizon... things have been slow all year on the phone release front for them, they've put out only 14 new phones in the first eight months of '07. If the article is true, they're set to exceed that over the final four months of the year. Guess all the folks complaining about no new phones will finally be happy.

posted on 16 Aug 2007, 10:23

These look great! But why are there still no simple samsung bar phones? The Mot L7C does not satisfy the bar standard. They need to get something like the Wafer or Trace.

posted on 16 Aug 2007, 11:48

4. verizon customer (unregistered)

It's about damn time! Considering Sprint has had their version of the XV6800 for months now and AT&T has the iPhone! If there's one thing that Verizon totally and completely SUCKS at is their phone release and selection!

posted on 22 Aug 2008, 07:26

wow first of all watch your language!!!!!! second of all SUCKS is the wrong word to use its stinks. and second of all your weird

posted on 24 Sep 2008, 15:47

67. ??? (unregistered)

woudn't it be 3rd of all you're wierd??? hmm

posted on 16 Aug 2007, 11:50

mind you many of these phones (like the XV6800 and the Sammy i760) are LAST YEAR's technology, they were released more then a year and half ago and only now is Verizon releasing them. Guess it took them this long to figure out how to lock people out of these phones...

posted on 16 Aug 2007, 13:33

How do you not get the idea of the 8350? It will be in competition with the lower priced high-end phones, like the Samsung u540, RAZR, SLVR, etc.

posted on 16 Aug 2007, 15:58

Is there any news about the HTC TOUCH in CDMA?

posted on 17 Aug 2007, 05:27

8. Doug on Maui (unregistered)

Sorry Verizon, I'm not impressed. Where's the LG Prada? Where's the iPhone killer? Where's the phone that will surf the net with a vga screen at high speed? I love the network, but am rarely impressed by the phones.

posted on 30 Apr 2008, 17:43

64. unknow (unregistered)

yes i agree with you verizion needs to get new phones i don"t like them and i think we need to get the LG Prada phone..and the iphone why did"t verizon take that phone it was the best thing that could of happend to the company!!..we need the PRADA LG PHONE!!!!

posted on 17 Aug 2007, 07:16

9. new cell (unregistered)

When will the RazR2 come out?

posted on 18 Aug 2007, 14:46

10. Joe (unregistered)

Another poster pegged it right...Verizon is just too late to the show with these offerings. They've been promising the XV6800 since last November! So it's being released a year late. The Broadcom suit hurt them, but they should have reconciled it sooner. I am a former Verizon customer that got tired of waiting and defected to AT&T and the 8525. The 3G network is great and while I still see some of the GSM RF anomalies I never had on CDMA, at least I have the phone I want and one I can use worldwide as well.

posted on 19 Aug 2007, 09:16

11. new cell (unregistered)

I would dump VZW in a second except for the fact CDMA is better than GSM in the US. It's been proven so many times with my associates... At least in Las Vegas :)

posted on 20 Aug 2007, 07:22

12. Alan (unregistered)

yes!!! i havent renewed my contract for a couple of months hopeing for new phones to come out!!! yesssss!!!!...i hope one comes out like the enV but better!!!!

posted on 20 Aug 2007, 10:57

Doug on Maui... The iPhone killer is ITSELF, nothing needs to be introduced to do that. A QVGA smartphone that surfs at high speeds, well, I hope you weren't comparing to the iPhone there, since EDGE is FAR from high speed. LG obviously hasn't offered the Prada for CDMA yet. Do you have the idea that Verizon produces the phones? That obviously is not the case. They can't just tell LG to produce whatever they want them to produce.

posted on 22 Aug 2007, 19:36

14. beach (unregistered)

i am just pleased to see the pearl finally a blackberry with a camera and not to mention a pda wit vcast

posted on 23 Aug 2007, 04:44

your phones only as good as the network its on

posted on 24 Aug 2007, 01:50

16. Afura (unregistered)

Like Anon said, Verizon may tell them what they want, but I'm sure they can't dictate everything. Slow releases? Maybe because the manufacturers have to adjust the equipment to CDMA spec's, handset issues, or they have contracts not to release similar models to competitors (like the VX8500/8550 Chocolate). Just guesses, but that's what I assume. Waiting for the new BB, yay for camera!

posted on 24 Aug 2007, 20:57

17. Jay (unregistered)

I spoke with a Verizon sales rep and was told the 8350 will have a very important improvement over the 8300, as will ALL new phones coming out from Verizon: no more lousy UI! They've had so many complaints, especially regarding text being too small to read, that all new phones coming out now have much larger text and more varied UIs in general -- though ALL have larger text than before... According to the sales rep. This, for me, alone takes it from deal-breaker with the 8300 to deal-maker with the 8350. This may also be a big reason why there's so many new Verizon phones slated for the second half of '07.

posted on 25 Aug 2007, 23:20

18. carl d (unregistered)

what are the price ranges for these phones? also, what if i'm looking for a multimedia phone and i have to use verizon? i dont want the lg enV because it's like a year old..are the UTStarcom SMT5800 or the Samsung i760 or UTStarcom XV6800 good choices if i don't want to use the business aspect?

posted on 30 Aug 2007, 13:40

19. Mike (unregistered)

Is Verizon going to release that phone Prada from LG. It works like a iPhone?? If so when? Or not? I heard there was a issue with the Qchip? If the Prada comes out this year I will stay with Verizon if not I am going to ATT. I have a LG enV and I am looking for a phone like the iPhone - I have to say Verizon has lost its touch - it is no longer releasing phones better than other companies? What is up with management?

posted on 31 Aug 2007, 07:19

the I760 will smash a Iphone my friend has Iphone and has envy when i do things he cant with my Samsung I730 he cant search his phone dir he cant get google traffic and Verizon is not AT&T THANK GOODNESS

posted on 01 Sep 2007, 19:17

21. Matt (unregistered)

Verizon has more than twice as many customers as Sprint. They let sprint try out the phones and deal with the bugs in beginning, have the manufacturers fix them, then release the phones. Remember the first Razr with Cingular? That phone sucked soooooo bad. The Razr2 is available on Verizon's website right now!

posted on 05 Sep 2007, 08:41

The VZ 5800 and VZ 6800 are manufactured by HTC, not UT Starcom.

posted on 05 Sep 2007, 15:38

23. Al (unregistered)

I saw the Razr2 Commercial last night for verizon! pretty slick! ...

posted on 07 Sep 2007, 16:13

24. lee (unregistered)

just got this phone, not too happy so far.. had the 8600 and it performed well. Reception isn't very good, yes no anteana.. Where's the external speakers? and the camera flash??? also the bluetooth is choppy. the phone feels cheap in your hand, all plastic! if i drop it by accident it's a gonner!

posted on 09 Sep 2007, 22:29

25. Matt (unregistered)

Verizon wireless has disappointed me too...Why would they hold out on these phones, I also heard a rumor they passed on the Iphone? When are they going to get their stuff together, or should I jump ship and stop expecting quality phones from the best network?

posted on 10 Sep 2007, 00:26

26. sln (unregistered)

The reason Verizons phones come out later than other carriers is because they have extensive testing to do. Verizon has very strict standards and when phones do not pass the tests, Verizon will postpone their release until the manufacturer fixes the problems. When the Razr came out, they were not planning on carrying it because it was not passing their strict standards in testing for phones. Customers complained so much that they decided to carry it, but then of course, everyone complained that it was a piece of crap. Thats because anytime there is a software issue and Verizon asks Motorola to issue a patch, they never respond. Verizon is still waiting for a patch on the Krzr to fix picture caller id and that phone has been out for a year!! The reason I know these things is because I work for Verizon.

posted on 12 Sep 2007, 14:02

27. MR WIRELESS (unregistered)

If you look a the LG website, lge.com(lg is the manufacturer NOT Prada for those who dont know), its specs say EDGE CDMA>> thats Sprint's and AT&T's...i'm pretty sure. But if you think for one second that Verizon isn't sick with it anymore... just search the VX10000, this is the answer and the end-all-be-all to the iPhone and the legacy started by the enV. Not only is that phone awesome, that's just a taste of what's to come in the wireless industry. For all the people always wanting more, just come to reality folks, you're going to buy a phone and within 6 months there's a better one. That's just how it works. Remember, "your phone is only as good as the network its on!"

posted on 12 Sep 2007, 14:03

28. cvs (unregistered)

puhleaaseeee verizon's phone selection sucks. always has always will. so y am i a customer? the only thing im gettin excited about is that xv6800!! I havent had a good verizon since my beloved vx8000 passed away :( STEP IT UP VERIZON CONSUMERS LOVE THE NEWEST GADGETS not the crappy crap they're pushing out these days. how depressing. The UI will probably suck too since they want to disable most of the phone's capabilities. smh. aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

posted on 12 Sep 2007, 14:15

29. cvs (unregistered)

What verizon cann do is let the consumers know what the hell is goin on. people like me are gettin pissed cuz other providers are letting their sh*t earlier and we're thinkin bout switching. I can appreciate and tolerate the attempts verizon are making for perfection however its only if I know what's going on! I'm assuming they are testing the xv6800 and its a lil buggy so they pushed the release date back? but yyyyyyyy didnt verizon get it and have all that situated b4 sprint pushed theirs out? if verizon has soo much money from their OVERPAYING consumers they can at least have more exciting exclusive releases!! I'm a techy geek girl and I flock towards the technology! come on! get me excited! the last phone i got was a p.o.s. so this htc phone better be WORTH THE WAIT!

posted on 12 Sep 2007, 20:10

What does "Second Half of 2007" mean? Is it just that they haven't pegged down sept/oct/nov/dec of 2007 ?

posted on 12 Sep 2007, 23:37

31. Carter (unregistered)

Both the 755p and the i760 have failed Verizon's testing, even after passing the FCC's. So they're both delayed another few months. argh. . . as soon as one of them makes it to the store, I'm switching from AT&T, but who knows when that will be. . .

posted on 13 Sep 2007, 20:55

a freaking chocolate is a iphone killer!! the damn phone gets sensitive to heat, a friend has one and if the iphone is exposed to heat the phone does not work at all!! what tipe of sh**## is that?? not to mention all the other flaws; internal battery, EDGE!!! lol, no music downloads over the air, maps? lol (another joke, unlike verizons actual gps navigators), NO PICTURE MESSAGING!!!, and I swear I could go on and on... Thats why verizon declined apple's offer to place the iphone on their network.. so cingular,,, i mean, att took the sloppy 2nds and got the ,verry cool, but P.O.S. iphone.. ... oh yea, and about the taking forever to launch new (old) phones;; for the same reason why they took over a year to launch the razr when it first came out, and coinsidently verizon was the only company who didnt have to temporarily discontinue it and wait for the 2nd gen. .. I know the razr still sucks but not as much as the other ones, you get my drift... thats why I never chose a company purely for their equipment. But yea, for those of you who would rather go to other companies who sacrifice quality and service for pure profit and lie about "fewest droped calls" (freking joke!!) and fastest internet speeds (3G) fckin liars.. I'm sure you know what you are talking about..

posted on 15 Sep 2007, 03:38

33. duceinmist (unregistered)

Verizon's sales people told me on 9/14/07 that the SCH i760 & the XV6800 will both be out in November 2007.

posted on 24 Sep 2007, 09:57

34. Looking to Switch (unregistered)

A few of you have mentioned switching phones as if there isn't an early termination fee. I've been thinking about switching but I don't want to pay the 175. Does anyone know how to get around that or get that waived. Thanks for the info.

posted on 29 Sep 2007, 10:35

35. MR WIRELESS (unregistered)

got towww.verizonwireless.com/next hope ur excited!!

posted on 29 Sep 2007, 16:39

36. Remmik (unregistered)

If samsung and verizon spent millions on advertising like apple/at&t did foir the iphone, the i730 or now i760 would have been a bigger sucess. All bugs aside (WM5 is a joke on my i730 and ipone are already showing some of their bugs...which is rare for anything Apple), the smasungs can do far more then an ipod, business or entertainment). There's your ipod killer.

posted on 30 Sep 2007, 16:07

37. BG46250 (unregistered)

Engadget shows Verizon will be announcing the VX10000http://www.engadgetmobile.com/tag/vx10000 on Wednesday morning but this article mentions nothing of it. WTF?

posted on 02 Oct 2007, 14:22

38. Jay (unregistered)

Thank God! It's about time some new phones are coming out! But the biggest question is when is the Prada phone coming to Verizion? Soon I hope!

posted on 03 Oct 2007, 11:27

39. MR WIRELESS (unregistered)

do u read any of the other sh_t on here? no i will say this slow so u can understand...ready? ok...scroll up from your post and read my post it says all kinds of good stuff about the "Prada phone" basically at the moment with the technology specs that the manufacturer has released it's not looking like that phone is going to be on the Verizon network. But we are always the ones on top in the end no matter how you spin it. And let me just add one more thing...alll the people that come on this site and want to trash providers...dont waste your breath, most of the people on here will do the exact oposite of whatever you posted. If you had a bad experience MOVE ON and if you had a good experience thats great be a happy little customer and pay your bills on time then.

posted on 03 Oct 2007, 18:44

40. sdfgsg (unregistered)

Verizon did not go with the iPhone because it did not pass their standards. Verizon will NOT allow any phone on their network that does not have GPS.

posted on 08 Oct 2007, 18:05

41. Techie (unregistered)

We want the 6800. Stop playing with these "Next" phones and give the people what they want.

posted on 19 Oct 2007, 11:59

42. Tim (unregistered)

The Samsung i760 is now available on Verizonwireless.com. I think that I'm going to hold out for a few more weeks for the XV6800 myself.

posted on 28 Oct 2007, 19:31

43. TD (unregistered)

I am amazed to see how much people like to complain. Everyone talks about how all the other networks get the phones first. Let's take a step back and look at it though. The AT&T 8525 and Sprint Mogul, yes they got the design of the phone first. Who cares, it still only has WM 5.0, it's no better a phone than any of the other PDA's w/ WM 5.0. If your going to launch a new phone, change the OS. Verizon will launch the 6800 w/ WM 6.0. Verizon's 6800 will also have more memory than either of the other 2. Then there's the Treo. Who cares about the 680 or 755. Same ol' POS Palm software with the same issues as before, now just in a smaller package. Lastly the iPhone, I'm not stupid, it's a really cool device and has some inavative features. The deal is though is that it will only be the end-all be-all device for maybe 6-10 months. By that time some other amazing phone will have come out. The phone is only as good as the service that comes with it, and as far as reliability and speed Verizon cannot be matched.

posted on 30 Oct 2007, 14:52

44. Sammo or Bolo (unregistered)

I find that this whole article, after I read it, I found it's a disgrace on the advertising department of Verizon. These 15 phones are supposed to come out but yet they are so hell bent on advertising these 4 new phones. I mean, let me ask you this, what makes these 4 phones so hypable that these 15 doesn't get barely any airtime? Ok, granted the LG Voyager is supposed to be the headliner but then again, these other companies are being slapped in the face with the handsets they are coming out with. I mean look at the version of the HTC Mogul we are supposed to get. That is an amazing phone. Why is that not hyped up? The Samsung i760: Hot phone. How about that? This is horribly advertising on Verizon's part. I love the company but this is a disgrace.

posted on 31 Oct 2007, 21:48

45. truth (unregistered)

TD. I have Verizon, but let's not mislead people. AT&T newest phone is the Tilt which has Windows 6, Wifi, and GPS. This is the next generation phone to the 6800. So when you compare something, compare the right thing.

posted on 07 Nov 2007, 15:30

46. shane (unregistered)

haven't you people seen the ads? verizon wireless doesn't advertise that they carry the newest devices (although they have some great ones coming out). verizon wireless advertisements state "it's the network". what that means to me is who cares how pretty your phone is if it doesn't work on a decent network. and they ARE releasing an equivelant to the iPhone, it's called the voyager and it's better.

posted on 08 Nov 2007, 17:06

47. TD (unregistered)

Mislead people? I'm pretty sure I compared the XV6800 to the Mogul and 8525, not the Tilt. So when your correcting someone, make sure you read what they wrote and get your facts straight. Oh, as far as the comment on the Voyager being better than the iPhone, don't plan on it. Verizon will have a better phone soon, but that's not it.

posted on 12 Nov 2007, 09:08

48. Sammo or Bolo (unregistered)

Here's what I don't understand about the Verizon folks. They promote these 4 phones that are supposed to be the new wave of cell phones within the Verizon line up but yet, a phone like the Juke is not a Juke, it's a Joke. I am a loyal Verizon customer but honestly, it's not that good. The other 3 I like a lot. But when you just market these 4 phones, what happens to the other 15 phones still unannounced. A perfect example is the Samsungi760. Good phone. It came in quietly. How about the XV6800 or the U700? I don't think that it's fair to these other handsets and their companies to be marketed poorly. I am disappointed with Verizon's marketing. Now, if they were smart, I wouldn't have a problem with Verizon using the Voyager and Venus as the headliner phones but they should have included most of the phones in that "Next" site as well.

posted on 12 Nov 2007, 13:43

49. mk (unregistered)

Maybe I'm mis-reading the dialog between TD and Truth, but I believe the point Truth was making with the Tilt was it seems more advanced than anything Verizon has released(or is about to release)? In other words, both current releases. While the i760 interest me (WM6.0), some of it's features don't.....like it's 1.3mp camera. That's (very) old news. The Tilt has a 3mp, and that is 33% better than any of the new Verizon phones are offereng. At one point, I believe Verizon will have a better phone like you say, but it doesn't look like it's coming anytime soon. They already beat the competition when it comes to their network, how about a phone to at least keep up with the competition?

posted on 13 Nov 2007, 11:05

50. TD (unregistered)

I'm not arguing the fact that the Tilt is out and is the next gen of PocketPC. I've played around with the phone and it's a decent device. I do have to agree as well that the Sam i760 should have a better camera. I will argue that the Network behind the phone makes all the difference, not only in service but reliabil;ityof the product as well. Every phone will have some issues no matter how much testing or fixes they go through. I do know that the number of issues w/ Verizons phones versus other carriers is less. I know people that work in the cust serv dept of the 4 main carriers and they all agree. Verizon will probably always be a step behind on pda phone launches, but for me I'm willing to wait to get a more reliable device.

posted on 14 Nov 2007, 11:27

51. mk (unregistered)

I'm willing to wait for Verizon to release the device that I want as well, only because I've used 3 of the top 4 networks and Verizon was the best by far. I can see why people are frustrated to the point of leaving the network though...and it's simply because Verizon is behind their competitors when it comes to releasing newer phones....which in turn amounts to a very outdated phone by the end of a 2 yr contract. Their prices are also higher for equipment as well. When everything is said and done though, the service itself should out weigh any bells and whistles like TD says. I feel sorry for the folks who switch away from Verizon only to be disillusioned with the network they go to, especially since just about everything involves a contract of sorts.... I wish the other networks I have available to me were better, but they aren't close to Verizon. That is why it's important (at least)for me to wait this out, and try not to be impulsive.

posted on 15 Nov 2007, 09:51

52. john (unregistered)

Is Verizon Wireless going to carry Samsung SGH-P310 any time soon? What is the expected date?

posted on 21 Nov 2007, 13:04

I think that Verizn's new phones are cool! I just bought a new VX-8550 Blue Mint Chocolate, and I think that I should have waited until the Venus came out today to buy it! I can't trade it now :(

posted on 30 Nov 2007, 18:32

54. mk (unregistered)

On the verizon website.... the xv6800

posted on 11 Dec 2007, 12:46

55. jp (unregistered)

Does anybody know when the release date for this HTC phone is? Verizon's press release said by the end of 2007...only 20 days left!

posted on 04 Jan 2008, 17:53

sry but so far the samsung p310 is a european/asian gsm phone

posted on 06 Jan 2008, 16:02

57. anonymous (unregistered)

i work for verizon and so i see customers everyday and i have to say that people are whinny babies if they cant get what they want....verizon works hard to make sure that the phone they are launching doesnt break within a day of having it like other cellphone companies...i used to have at&t and t-mobile and i had nothing but problems with them...i would rather wait a couple of months for a phone that was pushed back then have it now and possibly have something wrong with it. so grow up and stop whinning.