x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Verizon prepares 15 still unannounced phones for release

0. phoneArena 15 Aug 2007, 06:34 posted on

An internal Verizon Wireless document shows 15 still unannounced phones that are prepared for release before the end of the year...

posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:41

Wow! That's all I'll say!

posted on 15 Aug 2007, 23:22

2. someone (unregistered)

This is VERY good news for Verizon... things have been slow all year on the phone release front for them, they've put out only 14 new phones in the first eight months of '07. If the article is true, they're set to exceed that over the final four months of the year. Guess all the folks complaining about no new phones will finally be happy.

posted on 16 Aug 2007, 10:23

These look great! But why are there still no simple samsung bar phones? The Mot L7C does not satisfy the bar standard. They need to get something like the Wafer or Trace.

posted on 16 Aug 2007, 11:48

4. verizon customer (unregistered)

It's about damn time! Considering Sprint has had their version of the XV6800 for months now and AT&T has the iPhone! If there's one thing that Verizon totally and completely SUCKS at is their phone release and selection!

posted on 22 Aug 2008, 07:26

wow first of all watch your language!!!!!! second of all SUCKS is the wrong word to use its stinks. and second of all your weird

posted on 24 Sep 2008, 15:47

67. ??? (unregistered)

woudn't it be 3rd of all you're wierd??? hmm

posted on 16 Aug 2007, 11:50

mind you many of these phones (like the XV6800 and the Sammy i760) are LAST YEAR's technology, they were released more then a year and half ago and only now is Verizon releasing them. Guess it took them this long to figure out how to lock people out of these phones...

posted on 16 Aug 2007, 13:33

How do you not get the idea of the 8350? It will be in competition with the lower priced high-end phones, like the Samsung u540, RAZR, SLVR, etc.

posted on 16 Aug 2007, 15:58

Is there any news about the HTC TOUCH in CDMA?

posted on 17 Aug 2007, 05:27

8. Doug on Maui (unregistered)

Sorry Verizon, I'm not impressed. Where's the LG Prada? Where's the iPhone killer? Where's the phone that will surf the net with a vga screen at high speed? I love the network, but am rarely impressed by the phones.

posted on 30 Apr 2008, 17:43

64. unknow (unregistered)

yes i agree with you verizion needs to get new phones i don"t like them and i think we need to get the LG Prada phone..and the iphone why did"t verizon take that phone it was the best thing that could of happend to the company!!..we need the PRADA LG PHONE!!!!

posted on 17 Aug 2007, 07:16

9. new cell (unregistered)

When will the RazR2 come out?

posted on 18 Aug 2007, 14:46

10. Joe (unregistered)

Another poster pegged it right...Verizon is just too late to the show with these offerings. They've been promising the XV6800 since last November! So it's being released a year late. The Broadcom suit hurt them, but they should have reconciled it sooner. I am a former Verizon customer that got tired of waiting and defected to AT&T and the 8525. The 3G network is great and while I still see some of the GSM RF anomalies I never had on CDMA, at least I have the phone I want and one I can use worldwide as well.

posted on 19 Aug 2007, 09:16

11. new cell (unregistered)

I would dump VZW in a second except for the fact CDMA is better than GSM in the US. It's been proven so many times with my associates... At least in Las Vegas :)

posted on 20 Aug 2007, 07:22

12. Alan (unregistered)

yes!!! i havent renewed my contract for a couple of months hopeing for new phones to come out!!! yesssss!!!!...i hope one comes out like the enV but better!!!!

posted on 20 Aug 2007, 10:57

Doug on Maui... The iPhone killer is ITSELF, nothing needs to be introduced to do that. A QVGA smartphone that surfs at high speeds, well, I hope you weren't comparing to the iPhone there, since EDGE is FAR from high speed. LG obviously hasn't offered the Prada for CDMA yet. Do you have the idea that Verizon produces the phones? That obviously is not the case. They can't just tell LG to produce whatever they want them to produce.

posted on 22 Aug 2007, 19:36

14. beach (unregistered)

i am just pleased to see the pearl finally a blackberry with a camera and not to mention a pda wit vcast

posted on 23 Aug 2007, 04:44

your phones only as good as the network its on

posted on 24 Aug 2007, 01:50

16. Afura (unregistered)

Like Anon said, Verizon may tell them what they want, but I'm sure they can't dictate everything. Slow releases? Maybe because the manufacturers have to adjust the equipment to CDMA spec's, handset issues, or they have contracts not to release similar models to competitors (like the VX8500/8550 Chocolate). Just guesses, but that's what I assume. Waiting for the new BB, yay for camera!

posted on 24 Aug 2007, 20:57

17. Jay (unregistered)

I spoke with a Verizon sales rep and was told the 8350 will have a very important improvement over the 8300, as will ALL new phones coming out from Verizon: no more lousy UI! They've had so many complaints, especially regarding text being too small to read, that all new phones coming out now have much larger text and more varied UIs in general -- though ALL have larger text than before... According to the sales rep. This, for me, alone takes it from deal-breaker with the 8300 to deal-maker with the 8350. This may also be a big reason why there's so many new Verizon phones slated for the second half of '07.

posted on 25 Aug 2007, 23:20

18. carl d (unregistered)

what are the price ranges for these phones? also, what if i'm looking for a multimedia phone and i have to use verizon? i dont want the lg enV because it's like a year old..are the UTStarcom SMT5800 or the Samsung i760 or UTStarcom XV6800 good choices if i don't want to use the business aspect?

posted on 30 Aug 2007, 13:40

19. Mike (unregistered)

Is Verizon going to release that phone Prada from LG. It works like a iPhone?? If so when? Or not? I heard there was a issue with the Qchip? If the Prada comes out this year I will stay with Verizon if not I am going to ATT. I have a LG enV and I am looking for a phone like the iPhone - I have to say Verizon has lost its touch - it is no longer releasing phones better than other companies? What is up with management?

posted on 31 Aug 2007, 07:19

the I760 will smash a Iphone my friend has Iphone and has envy when i do things he cant with my Samsung I730 he cant search his phone dir he cant get google traffic and Verizon is not AT&T THANK GOODNESS

posted on 01 Sep 2007, 19:17

21. Matt (unregistered)

Verizon has more than twice as many customers as Sprint. They let sprint try out the phones and deal with the bugs in beginning, have the manufacturers fix them, then release the phones. Remember the first Razr with Cingular? That phone sucked soooooo bad. The Razr2 is available on Verizon's website right now!

posted on 05 Sep 2007, 08:41

The VZ 5800 and VZ 6800 are manufactured by HTC, not UT Starcom.

posted on 05 Sep 2007, 15:38

23. Al (unregistered)

I saw the Razr2 Commercial last night for verizon! pretty slick! ...

posted on 07 Sep 2007, 16:13

24. lee (unregistered)

just got this phone, not too happy so far.. had the 8600 and it performed well. Reception isn't very good, yes no anteana.. Where's the external speakers? and the camera flash??? also the bluetooth is choppy. the phone feels cheap in your hand, all plastic! if i drop it by accident it's a gonner!

posted on 09 Sep 2007, 22:29

25. Matt (unregistered)

Verizon wireless has disappointed me too...Why would they hold out on these phones, I also heard a rumor they passed on the Iphone? When are they going to get their stuff together, or should I jump ship and stop expecting quality phones from the best network?

posted on 10 Sep 2007, 00:26

26. sln (unregistered)

The reason Verizons phones come out later than other carriers is because they have extensive testing to do. Verizon has very strict standards and when phones do not pass the tests, Verizon will postpone their release until the manufacturer fixes the problems. When the Razr came out, they were not planning on carrying it because it was not passing their strict standards in testing for phones. Customers complained so much that they decided to carry it, but then of course, everyone complained that it was a piece of crap. Thats because anytime there is a software issue and Verizon asks Motorola to issue a patch, they never respond. Verizon is still waiting for a patch on the Krzr to fix picture caller id and that phone has been out for a year!! The reason I know these things is because I work for Verizon.

posted on 12 Sep 2007, 14:02

27. MR WIRELESS (unregistered)

If you look a the LG website, lge.com(lg is the manufacturer NOT Prada for those who dont know), its specs say EDGE CDMA>> thats Sprint's and AT&T's...i'm pretty sure. But if you think for one second that Verizon isn't sick with it anymore... just search the VX10000, this is the answer and the end-all-be-all to the iPhone and the legacy started by the enV. Not only is that phone awesome, that's just a taste of what's to come in the wireless industry. For all the people always wanting more, just come to reality folks, you're going to buy a phone and within 6 months there's a better one. That's just how it works. Remember, "your phone is only as good as the network its on!"