Verizon posts changelist for Android 4.4.4 Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra and DROID Mini update
0. phoneArena 14 Jul 2014, 20:36 posted on
Last week, we told you that a soak test was going on, to test Android 4.4.4 for the Motorola DROID MAXX, Motorola DROID Ultra and the Motorola DROID Mini. At the time, a changelist had yet to be posted by Verizon, most likely because the update was not widespread. But now that a changelist is up, we can come to the conclusion that Verizon is pushing out the new build to all customers with one of the three 2013 DROID models...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4154; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Motorola is the best with updates. Keep up the good work, I expect Android L to come to my phone within a month or two of release.
10. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
They went from worst (RAZR) to best (current models) under Google's ownership. I hope Lenovo keeps the focus on quick (and extended) updates.
4. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2345; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
The Moto X is on 4.4.2, the 2013 Verizon Droid series is still on 4.4.0, so this a much bigger update for them. Plus IIRC Motorola pulled the 4.4.3 update for the Xs to instead push out 4.4.4, so they have to resubmit them to the carriers. The Droid series was going straight to 4.4.4 all along so they were already submitted.
6. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4154; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
They rolled out 4.4.4 to the Moto X in India, so I assume the rest of the world will follow shortly. Probably within the next week or two
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Not yet available for manual download on my Maxx. :-( Waiting impatiently.
9. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Update: manual download in progress.. Looking forward to 4.4.4 love!
5. bambamboogy02 (Posts: 122; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
manually pulled for Droid Ultra. at 12:01 AM on 07/15/14.
7. NIK01 (Posts: 22; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
Systemupdate running right now on Droid Mini, 284,9 MB
8. troutsy (Posts: 287; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
My wireless signal strength seems to be crap after updating to 4.4.4... has anyone else noticed that as well?
11. o0Exia0o (Posts: 450; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
Battery saver mode still not working on droid mini!