Verizon officially getting the Nokia Lumia 822, prices it at $99.99
0. phoneArena posted on 29 Oct 2012, 08:07
Starting this Fall, Verizon customers will be able to purchase the Nokia Lumia 822 - a mid-range Windows Phone 8 smartphone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. snowgator posted on 29 Oct 2012, 08:26 0
STOP THE PRESSES!!
What an out of left field SHOCKER.....
2. Lifengineer posted on 29 Oct 2012, 08:32 8
4.3" with 480x800 is "a pretty mediocre resolution"!!!!???
What do you expect!?! Full HD?!?
Most phones, including Lumia 900, galaxy S2 and others use this resolution on this screen size and it's quasi-perfect!
3. eisenbricher posted on 29 Oct 2012, 08:37 1
It wan't just a few months ago, but now that the Full HD displays are near obviously 480x800 sounds horrible.
5. Snoobab posted on 29 Oct 2012, 09:07 5
You can't expect flagship specs on a mid-range device. It's that simple.
4. snowgator posted on 29 Oct 2012, 09:06 0
Yeah, that 480 X 800 is called mediocre pretty much says a lot for the status of mobile on tech sites. With the type of support Nokia shows it's WP's, the expandable memory, exchangeable backs (including, hopefully, some that allow for recharging so that Verizon customers can enjoy that option if they choose), and exclusive apps, there is the really only 1 advantage the 8X has over the 822- HD screen. But it is a big one.
9. lubba posted on 29 Oct 2012, 09:47 1
There's midrange Androids that have HD displays! With 1080p displays coming, 720p probably considered midrange now. So please!
12. drazyw posted on 02 Nov 2012, 11:54 0
Agreed. 480x800 is low end now. Bottom of the bucket.
10. g2a5b0e posted on 29 Oct 2012, 11:14 0
You have to keep in mind that Windows Phone 8 supports only three resolutions: 800x400, 1280x720, & 1280x768.