Verizon officially getting the Nokia Lumia 822, prices it at $99.99
0. phoneArena 29 Oct 2012, 08:07 posted on
Starting this Fall, Verizon customers will be able to purchase the Nokia Lumia 822 - a mid-range Windows Phone 8 smartphone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. snowgator (Posts: 3554; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
STOP THE PRESSES!!
What an out of left field SHOCKER.....
2. Lifengineer (Posts: 44; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
4.3" with 480x800 is "a pretty mediocre resolution"!!!!???
What do you expect!?! Full HD?!?
Most phones, including Lumia 900, galaxy S2 and others use this resolution on this screen size and it's quasi-perfect!
3. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
It wan't just a few months ago, but now that the Full HD displays are near obviously 480x800 sounds horrible.
5. Snoobab (Posts: 175; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
You can't expect flagship specs on a mid-range device. It's that simple.
4. snowgator (Posts: 3554; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Yeah, that 480 X 800 is called mediocre pretty much says a lot for the status of mobile on tech sites. With the type of support Nokia shows it's WP's, the expandable memory, exchangeable backs (including, hopefully, some that allow for recharging so that Verizon customers can enjoy that option if they choose), and exclusive apps, there is the really only 1 advantage the 8X has over the 822- HD screen. But it is a big one.
7. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
822 is also $100 cheaper. 822=midrange, WP8X=high-end
9. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
There's midrange Androids that have HD displays! With 1080p displays coming, 720p probably considered midrange now. So please!
12. drazyw (unregistered)
Agreed. 480x800 is low end now. Bottom of the bucket.
10. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3704; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
You have to keep in mind that Windows Phone 8 supports only three resolutions: 800x400, 1280x720, & 1280x768.