Verizon offering HTC DROID DNA for free through May 21st
0. phoneArena 14 May 2013, 12:36 posted on
With rumors swirling around about the possibility of a Verizon branded version of the HTC One getting introduced at CTIA on May 22nd, the carrier is now offering the HTC DROID DNA for free with your signature on a two-year contract; remember, this model is equipped with a 5 inch FHD screen that provides users with a 441ppi pixel density and a quad-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Wow!!! A whole $25! Thats pathetic on Verizons part. Directv is able to give $100 per referal Im sure you can at the very least match that big red...
13. Daftama (Posts: 575; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Please do refer if you can get it the 25 ill match it..thats following normal steps no complain no yelling at them not Calling 25xCalling asking for credit. ..simply refer good luck
16. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
19. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
24. Daftama (Posts: 575; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Hmm you're quite the dumb one to keep replying thanks I'll consider you site
25. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
2. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 295; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Now why would I want to do my friends a disservice by having them switch over to Verizon Wireless and get charged an arm and leg over Verizon's overpriced plans. The $25 debit card is a joke. My unlimited data plan is the only reason why I'm still with them.
5. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
We got thumbs down, I guess there are Verizon fanboys out in the world...
3. torr310 (Posts: 450; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
It's an awesome deal if you don't have the unlimited data plan or decide not need it.
For those with unlimited data.... rephrase this:
the carrier is now offering the HTC DROID DNA for free with your signature on a two-year contract.
+ lost of your unlimited data plan.
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5647; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
not necessarily. i know how to upgrade with unlimited data.
i did it before with my MAXX HD.
6. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
Transfer your upgrade to another line then upgrade that other line and put the old device back on it and the new on onto your line
8. downbeat4 (Posts: 76; Member since: 03 Dec 2010)
More than half of the customers that "need to keep their unlimited data" use less than 1gb per month. I've had people using less than 100mb bitch that they need unlimited data!! #BitchPlease
10. TheMan (Posts: 424; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I hear them say that they want to keep it "just in case" -- understandable, until I remind them that their usage needs to be 500% more just to hit a GB.
The vast majority don't have a clue how much they use even though there are multiple ways to get this info.
11. Whateverman (Posts: 3233; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Problem is this isn't a "One size fits all" world, and for many customers not only do they need more than the 2GB alternative but in some cases the "screw everybody" plans actually raise your bill. Every time I called in Some rep would try to convince me I didn't need unlimited data,and when I did the math for them, proving it would raise my bill by $50, all they could say was "oh".
Your loyal customers deserve better, but VZW doesn't care about is customers. And if you reps take offense to that, get over it, you know it's the truth.
14. Daftama (Posts: 575; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Oh no I o no no my friend no more transfer upgrade they got smart as well they are stopping that rwally quick
21. xmusicianguy (Posts: 96; Member since: 13 Jul 2011)
Nope won't work I have a line (mine with unlimited data) with an upgrade. I can't upgrade alternate or otherwise without loosing unlimited data. ONLY way to do this if a feature phone line has a upgrade use it THEN alt upgrade to the line with unlimited data.
12. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4167; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
You can't upgrade and keep unlimited data.
17. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Actually, you can. The rep just has to know the trick.
Nice try, Mr.KnowItAll
22. xmusicianguy (Posts: 96; Member since: 13 Jul 2011)
Only trick is with an Alt upgrade from a feature phone line to the line with unlimited data. Only way! If there IS another way, would you be so kind to grace us with that method?
23. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Here's how I've been doing it:
You must have at least two lines on the account. The line you want to keep the unlimited data on cannot use any kind of upgrade on itself (even if its an alternate upgrade). The other line on the account must use the upgrade. Activate the new phone, then immediately device-swap back to the upgraded line's original phone. Device-swap the new phone onto your 1st line (the unlimited line), then perform a factory reset on that new phone (the reset is required in order to reprogram the SIM card's phone number). If you do not perform the reset, the phone number--in which you performed the upgrade on--will be stuck on the SIM card and you'll be SOL.