Verizon may be getting ready to have another go at its own app store or distribution
0. phoneArena 24 Aug 2014, 21:11 posted on
Are you a Verizon customer and remember when the carrier had its own app store? It was initially...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Bloatwares, why would any one want this on their gear.
Who's the partners, Wal Mart?
Can these services not be procured without a carrier being involved?
3. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Android needs a third-party app store, one that is free from Google. But Verizon is not the company to provide it.
4. JC557 (Posts: 1239; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
They are definitely not the company for that. I mean, yeah, Vcast was okay back in the flip phone days for ringtones and simple games but nowadays I see their VCAST anything as useless and overpriced bloat. If they have plenty of free or ad supported stuff then maybe but not likely.
6. Gawain (Posts: 404; Member since: 15 Apr 2010)
While there isn't a single "store" per se, there are a lot of apps that can be had directly from developers and smaller stores of sorts. If you trust the sources, there are plenty of options.
5. Suspiro (Posts: 26; Member since: 24 Aug 2014)
They're waiting to make sure that the name they've picked is not another terrorist organization.
7. Sniggly (Posts: 7290; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Am I the only one who finds it funny how soon this article came after the news about China developing its own OS? Both Verizon and China are doing their thing for the same basic reasons. :D