Verizon leaked MAP memo suggests new high-end Android models coming soon
0. phoneArena posted on 02 Aug 2011, 10:30
A leaked MAP memo from Verizon suggests that Big Red will be swinging some big lumber soon in the form of the Motorola XT875, more commonly known as the DROID Bionic, and the HTC 6425LVW which is the hi-res HTC Vigor; the memo listed two more models including a possible sequel to the LG Revolution...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. So wait... (unregistered) posted on 02 Aug 2011, 10:46 2 0
Does this mean that these phones are coming out Aug 1st and/or in the month of August or is this just a heads up for the third parties? I just got my charge (which I like) but my two week return period ends on the 12th so I guess I should just wait and see what happens.
2. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 02 Aug 2011, 10:53 1 0
A 6 megapixel camera for the HTC phone? Weird its usually 5 and then up to 8. Not that it matters to me as cameras are always the last thing on my mind when it comes to phones.
3. redleg6 posted on 02 Aug 2011, 10:54 0 0
It's just a heads up from VZW that when these devices roll out, they will be subject to the minimum advertised price policy. It has nothing to do with launch dates.
4. AJ (unregistered) posted on 02 Aug 2011, 11:10 0 0
Which one(s) is/are a world phone? Must have a world phone to be even a viable option.
Is Verizon getting an Atrix styled world phone anytime soon?
10. Thump3rDX17 posted on 02 Aug 2011, 14:22 0 0
with that kind of criteria the Droid 3 is really your best option now unless the Bionic has World Capabilities
5. remixfa posted on 02 Aug 2011, 11:44 3 1
if thats a single core processor at 1.5ghz its not a super phone.. its a power hog!
6. B (unregistered) posted on 02 Aug 2011, 12:20 0 0
6th! 6th place for a 6mp phone holla. SGS2 where's my baby?!?
7. darth8ball posted on 02 Aug 2011, 13:44 1 0
Superphone IDK about that. 6MP camera YAWN. Screen resolution 1280x720 but what is the pixel rate? SNOOZE.....Wake me when something REALLY SUPER is about to come out please
8. V for Vendetta (unregistered) posted on 02 Aug 2011, 13:56 0 0
Does anyone know if the HTC Vigor is dual core. I keep seeing 1.5 GHz but if it is dual core, that would make it the fastest processor to date. And my next device.
I hope its screen fairs better in direct sunlight than my Incredible and has a better battery life than the Thunderbolt.
9. KingK (unregistered) posted on 02 Aug 2011, 14:21 1 2
HTC dual core @1.8ghz is still slow........
11. snowgator posted on 02 Aug 2011, 18:15 1 0
That HTC 1.5 G on a Windows Phone would just be fantastic... on an Android, not so much. Just the nature of the beasts. With the Galaxy and high end Motorola's, a big single core just won't get it an audience with anyone that isn't a HTC fan. Makes me wonder about HTC and Verizon's relationship. Not like the EVO 3D and the Sensation don't prove that HTC is a player. Verizon seems like it only wants good, not great from them this year.