Verizon launching new unlimited prepaid plans on February 1st
0. phoneArena posted on 24 Jan 2013, 15:41
We have just received an anonymous leak of a Verizon training document that looks to be telling about new prepaid plans coming to the carrier. The new plans will be put into effect on February 1st, and will offer unlimited talk and text starting at just $60 per month. That may not be the cheapest available, but it's not bad if you prefer life with Verizon Wireless...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. HDShatter posted on 24 Jan 2013, 15:45 16 2
This is dead before its even released... T mobile is $70 a month for unlimited talk, text and 4g with no throttling/limits.
4. CivicSi89 posted on 24 Jan 2013, 15:56 6 9
Theres a catch with that. T-Mobile's 4G isnt true 4G.
16. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 24 Jan 2013, 17:21 8 4
... but nothing's faster than Verizon's 4G
8. scsa852k posted on 24 Jan 2013, 16:16 7 5
T-Mo's 4G isn't true 4G, but has almost the same speed with Verizon's LTE in a lot of areas, especially where I live.
Plus, T-Mo's 4G is becoming a true 4G this year.
9. HDShatter posted on 24 Jan 2013, 16:16 3 3
I get 20-30MBps when im in the city I live in, much faster than verizon here.
10. 14545 posted on 24 Jan 2013, 16:18 8 2
As a verizon customer, once you get to a certain speed with a phone, it no longer matters whether it's "true 4g" or not. The only thing better about LTE is the latency compared to HS...+
I'll more than likely be moving away from verizon at the end of my contracts given their aversion to letting me keep my unlimited data. I barely use 2-4 GB a month now, but they want me to screw myself and go their their crap plans or pay full price for my phone, no thanks. Plus I already pay a premium for using their services. The plan difference for me using Tmo will be 30-50 dollars a month in savings, so it's no longer worth dealing with VZW's greedy money grubbing a$$.
33. theoak posted on 25 Jan 2013, 10:56 0 1
It may depend on how many phones you have on your account.
My wife pays $60 per month for her unlimited Verizon plan.
If I switch to one of the share plans it bumps up to $90 per month ... or a $30 difference.
$30 over 24 months is $720.
So, if I purchase the phone out right, say $600 ... I save $120 over the two years, plus I keep the unlimited data.
34. Reluctant_Human posted on 25 Jan 2013, 11:15 0 0
Who cares about speed if you have to sell your organs to pay for the data? I have true 4G so that means I can hit my cap by this afternoon..
14. belovedson posted on 24 Jan 2013, 16:59 6 0
tmobile might have faster data but it's also tmobile. once you leave the city limits good bye service.
cdma is better for calls. im not sure what all the rant about tmobile is about. but voice and reception is superior from verizon.
verizon is incredibly expensive and somehow manages to retain their customers and even achieves more customers despite the rapage
17. HDShatter posted on 24 Jan 2013, 17:43 0 5
Tmobile is switching to HD voice soon, they will have the best call quality when that happens
20. belovedson posted on 24 Jan 2013, 19:56 2 0
hd voice won't fill the gap for network coverage
26. CRICKETownz posted on 24 Jan 2013, 22:56 0 0
And even still their network will remain crap. Customers praise them for offering more for less but usually what happens when you cave to all the demands of customers...you find yourself, as a company, looking bankruptcy in the face which is just about where TMo resides. Enjoy it while you can until somebody acquires them and rewrites the script.
24. JunitoNH posted on 24 Jan 2013, 21:06 0 0
Yes on paper sounds good. However, practically speaking, T-mobile has a tendency of being unreliable and inconsistent; when it works is great. I can be somewhere and get speeds of 11 Mbps and then move down two blocks and goes down to edge or no data service available. In my house, I have to go outside in order to even get a 3G signal, voice and text no problems at all. Don't live in a remote area, all the carriers are present.
2. Captain_Doug posted on 24 Jan 2013, 15:48 3 3
Verizon 3G is not so good. I get a maximum of 2.5mbps. Not enough for surfing the web and definitely not enough to watch low quality video.
13. 14545 posted on 24 Jan 2013, 16:30 4 1
Yes, 2.5 mbps is, but on EVDO I rarely see anywhere near that. Usually more like 400k-750k.
18. Captain_Doug posted on 24 Jan 2013, 18:23 1 2
It peaks at 2.5 but it averages at 1-1.5. That's definitely not enough.
21. richard1990 posted on 24 Jan 2013, 20:21 1 0
Yes it is i have sprint and i get ave 3G speed at 1.5 and i can watch high quality videos no prob must b something wrong with yr phone
32. Captain_Doug posted on 25 Jan 2013, 08:38 0 0
Nope. It's the data speed. Nice try though.
35. richard1990 posted on 25 Jan 2013, 13:06 0 0
Well explain how i can watch full hd video on my phone with 1.5 ave download speed with no buffering?
36. Captain_Doug posted on 25 Jan 2013, 16:23 0 0
The burden of proof belongs to you.
3. dorianb posted on 24 Jan 2013, 15:52 13 1
$20 more per GB?! Can I get some lube with that raping?
12. PAPINYC (limited) posted on 24 Jan 2013, 16:26 11 0
No you may not, it will be rough and dry!!
11. k4j98 posted on 24 Jan 2013, 16:22 2 1
How about Page Plus? $55 for 2gb and unlimited talk/text. Forget Verizon (though indirectly you're supporting them)!
15. Droid773 posted on 24 Jan 2013, 17:08 1 0
I get up to 20mbs in Chicago with Tmobile prepaid $30. just choose whatever company your happy with:-)
22. richard1990 posted on 24 Jan 2013, 20:24 0 1
Im good with my truly unlimited 70$ plan from sprint get 3G anywhere i go at ave speed of 1.5
23. richardyarrell2011 (banned) posted on 24 Jan 2013, 20:36 0 8
Verizon is useless and the biggest JOKE in the industry. Tmobile pimp slaps Verizon.
28. CRICKETownz posted on 24 Jan 2013, 23:04 0 0
Are you serious? Lets compare revenue between the two, hell, let's compare customer base alone. Where have you been since 2001?
25. JunitoNH posted on 24 Jan 2013, 21:21 2 0
By the way, keep in mind, with Verizon prepaid, you have to use whatever crappy device they want you to use. If you have a post paid say, iPhone forget it, can't use it, no SG3 etc etc.
27. CRICKETownz posted on 24 Jan 2013, 23:00 1 1
You can now use an iPhone on a $80 prepaid plan just like Android phones buddy. Maybe not a GS3 bc of the LTE aspect of it. Update your facts.
30. 9thWonderful posted on 24 Jan 2013, 23:20 0 0
I hv a friend who reactivated his old verizn contract phone on prepaid no problem
37. JunitoNH posted on 26 Jan 2013, 08:28 0 0
Well bud.............it must be something new. With Vzw you had to use whatever "crappy" device they offer. However, if your facts are accurate, it's a breath of good news for those, whom prefer (the rapist) I mean Verizon.
29. jcpwn2004 posted on 24 Jan 2013, 23:05 0 0
Verizon only allows crap phones on their pre paid so this is kinda worthless from the start.
31. rb68 posted on 24 Jan 2013, 23:35 0 0
Just like everything else, Verizon expects those stupid enough to sign up for their service to pay more for less. Typical.
38. spinz posted on 30 Jan 2013, 10:55 0 0
Well I couldn't resist getting the HTC DNA for the Verizon. At least I'm saving $10 in 1000 text plan compare to AT&T, they only offer unlimited text for $20 and I get better service.