Verizon knocks a third off Galaxy Nexus – just $199
According to Verizon’s site, a brand new Samsung Galaxy Nexus with a new 2-year agreement will now only cost $199, making it the same price as the DROID 4, LG Spectrum, and the HTC Rezound. Unfortunately, those of you looking to pickup this device contract free aren’t privy to the same savings. The full retail price remains at $649.99.
We reached out to a Verizon Wireless sales associate via their website to find out if those who purchased the device that are still within the 14-day return period would be eligible for a price match. We were informed that we would have to return the device and repurchase it under the 14-day worry free policy and would be subjected to a $35 restocking fee. In short, if you purchased this device in the last 2 weeks, you can get back $65 after a lot of hassle.
source: Verizon Wireless
1. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1047; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Still the best Android on Verizon! Will be only second to its cousin the Galaxy S 3 soon tho which Verizon better be getting.
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5559; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
actually i'd say the Razrs are better especially with ICS.
11. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I don't know.. I installed ICS on my sister in law's RAZR last week and while it's definitely a big improvement I just can't get over the screen difference between the Nexus and the RAZR.
13. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5559; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, the HDSA is truly better but that Moto build quality and superb Moto radios are just too good to pass up. i'll probably get the Droid Razr HD later on for the better display and camera.
7. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3327; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Considering that Verizon's other offerings are mostly from Motorola and a few LG device, saying it's the best isn't really saying much.
12. Chronos (Posts: 257; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Considering that Verizon's other offerings are mostly from Motorola and a few LG devices, saying it's the best is saying a lot, especially with the DROID RAZR MAXX.
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5559; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Moto's Flagship devices as well as HTC's & LG's Flagship devices...
2. bubba78 (Posts: 54; Member since: 23 May 2011)
Just means they were over charging for it from the start.
6. djg71087 (Posts: 70; Member since: 10 Oct 2010)
"only cost $199"
- i chuckle, not that great of a deal. (when amazon sells it for a lot cheaper).
10. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Watch the sass Captain Sassy Pants. The fine print on Amazon Wireless's policy might make you think twice before buying.
18. brd8951 (Posts: 23; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Easy workaround is to have a store (like Go WIRELESS) price match Amazon's offer. It worked for me when I got the HTC Thunderbrick right after it came out. Paid $175 when it was retailing for $249. Doesn't hurt to try.
8. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3327; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
That is such an amazing deal. How nice of Verizon to charge $200 for a six month old phone that's already outdated in technology years.
9. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1579; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
and ironic that is it now available on Sprint for $199
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5559; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's a Nexus bro. they keep their value.
16. jan25 (Posts: 386; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
other than the gaming department, the Nexus provides arguably the best user experience out of all phones out there.
20. JunitoNH (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Yeah......it's a good experience indeed, just can't make phone calls. Before you start to rattle, go to the vzw page and check the levels of complaints posted for the device.
22. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5559; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
dude...Verizon forums are full of whiny, dumb people. don't even look at those reviews.
17. oldmandaddy (Posts: 64; Member since: 01 May 2010)
still not low enought, should be not more than $99. Cause this phone used cheap plastic, pin tiles screen and cheap looking too. only one good thing is running ICS. Can't wait for next Nexus phone make by Motorola and run jelly bean. Go googles!
19. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1579; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Motorola will never make a Nexus, sorry
21. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
needs a chance to make the next 1?
24. verizonwatcher (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
Actually, I've never heard of the price match being done the way you describe. Maybe the agent you communicated with is ill informed....simply call Verizon Customer Care and they can do the price match over the phone without a restock fee. It's quite simple...as long as you're within the correct time frame.
25. Cha7520 (Posts: 209; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
This phone sucks ass! I HATE the pentile matrix...makes the screen horrible. The phone reboots all the time, even while talking on the phone. Horrible signal problems! And now STILL waiting on a freaking upgrade 4.0.5!! sigh