Verizon knocks a third off Galaxy Nexus â€“ just $199
According to Verizonâ€™s site, a brand new Samsung Galaxy Nexus with a new 2-year agreement will now only cost $199, making it the same price as the DROID 4, LG Spectrum, and the HTC Rezound. Unfortunately, those of you looking to pickup this device contract free arenâ€™t privy to the same savings. The full retail price remains at $649.99.
We reached out to a Verizon Wireless sales associate via their website to find out if those who purchased the device that are still within the 14-day return period would be eligible for a price match. We were informed that we would have to return the device and repurchase it under the 14-day worry free policy and would be subjected to a $35 restocking fee. In short, if you purchased this device in the last 2 weeks, you can get back $65 after a lot of hassle.
source: Verizon Wireless
1. Joshing4fun posted on 23 Apr 2012, 14:33 3
Still the best Android on Verizon! Will be only second to its cousin the Galaxy S 3 soon tho which Verizon better be getting.
3. KingKurogiii posted on 23 Apr 2012, 14:36 3
actually i'd say the Razrs are better especially with ICS.
11. iamcc posted on 23 Apr 2012, 15:17 5
I don't know.. I installed ICS on my sister in law's RAZR last week and while it's definitely a big improvement I just can't get over the screen difference between the Nexus and the RAZR.
13. KingKurogiii posted on 23 Apr 2012, 15:42 1
yeah, the HDSA is truly better but that Moto build quality and superb Moto radios are just too good to pass up. i'll probably get the Droid Razr HD later on for the better display and camera.
7. Mxyzptlk posted on 23 Apr 2012, 14:54 0
Considering that Verizon's other offerings are mostly from Motorola and a few LG device, saying it's the best isn't really saying much.
12. Chronos posted on 23 Apr 2012, 15:23 4
Considering that Verizon's other offerings are mostly from Motorola and a few LG devices, saying it's the best is saying a lot, especially with the DROID RAZR MAXX.
14. KingKurogiii posted on 23 Apr 2012, 15:44 1
Moto's Flagship devices as well as HTC's & LG's Flagship devices...
2. bubba78 posted on 23 Apr 2012, 14:36 3
Just means they were over charging for it from the start.
6. djg71087 posted on 23 Apr 2012, 14:54 1
"only cost $199"
- i chuckle, not that great of a deal. (when amazon sells it for a lot cheaper).
10. shadowcell posted on 23 Apr 2012, 15:05 3
Watch the sass Captain Sassy Pants. The fine print on Amazon Wireless's policy might make you think twice before buying.
18. brd8951 posted on 23 Apr 2012, 18:58 0
Easy workaround is to have a store (like Go WIRELESS) price match Amazon's offer. It worked for me when I got the HTC Thunderbrick right after it came out. Paid $175 when it was retailing for $249. Doesn't hurt to try.
8. Mxyzptlk posted on 23 Apr 2012, 14:55 2
That is such an amazing deal. How nice of Verizon to charge $200 for a six month old phone that's already outdated in technology years.
9. EclipseGSX posted on 23 Apr 2012, 15:03 3
and ironic that is it now available on Sprint for $199
16. jan25 posted on 23 Apr 2012, 16:00 2
other than the gaming department, the Nexus provides arguably the best user experience out of all phones out there.
20. JunitoNH posted on 23 Apr 2012, 19:14 0
Yeah......it's a good experience indeed, just can't make phone calls. Before you start to rattle, go to the vzw page and check the levels of complaints posted for the device.
22. KingKurogiii posted on 23 Apr 2012, 20:59 0
dude...Verizon forums are full of whiny, dumb people. don't even look at those reviews.
17. oldmandaddy posted on 23 Apr 2012, 16:37 2
still not low enought, should be not more than $99. Cause this phone used cheap plastic, pin tiles screen and cheap looking too. only one good thing is running ICS. Can't wait for next Nexus phone make by Motorola and run jelly bean. Go googles!
21. TROLL (limited) 6 days ago posted on 23 Apr 2012, 20:11 0
needs a chance to make the next 1?
24. verizonwatcher posted on 25 Apr 2012, 00:44 0
Actually, I've never heard of the price match being done the way you describe. Maybe the agent you communicated with is ill informed....simply call Verizon Customer Care and they can do the price match over the phone without a restock fee. It's quite simple...as long as you're within the correct time frame.
25. Cha7520 posted on 29 Apr 2012, 20:52 1
This phone sucks ass! I HATE the pentile matrix...makes the screen horrible. The phone reboots all the time, even while talking on the phone. Horrible signal problems! And now STILL waiting on a freaking upgrade 4.0.5!! sigh