Verizon is teasing on its web site that "something is coming"
0. phoneArena 06 Mar 2012, 12:51 posted on
After making our way to Verizon’s web site, we’re greeted with the main feature of “something is coming.” And that, we can “be among the first to hear news” in regards to whatever it is they have coming to them...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Highly possible. But could also be a new low-price all unlimited plan! Yey! :p
24. JC557 (Posts: 1239; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I hope you are right talking Nutella bottle!
25. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Well apparently I'm not!
I think it was actually a list of their devices that would receive the ICS update within this year.
3. DOGIEFRESH (Posts: 302; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
Yesss something like more blackouts.......!!!!!!!
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
don't hold your breath on LTE but yeah, this is probably the next generation iPad.
5. MalakiMills (Posts: 256; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
Kinda dumb that they are making a big deal of it, they have a had 4G tablets for a while now. I guess that little apple really is all that matters.
7. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Don't be upset, VZW is just playing up to the most popular devices. It will bring in the mindless who "need" an Apple product and to VZW this means more income as you get locked in for 2 years. It's all business my friend, I don't care as long as my unlimited plan is unfettered they can go after all the apple junkies they can hope to attain. Now if for some reason all the other non apple devices started to get dearer then I would have a serious problem with that...that hefty subsidy they pay is atrocious but I say it's ok until the fad wears off as things keep moving forward so quickly only so long Apple can sit on top soon everyone will have something easily usable as an iPhone and built for idiots who can't use a pc too.
6. spinz (Posts: 26; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
I kinda hope it would be a high-end android phone like the HTC One X.
8. c.hack (Posts: 536; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Just what we need, another droid. Boy, that would be exciting! Not.
9. spinz (Posts: 26; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Well, I'm not happy with the current android phones from Verizon. I was gonna go with the Rezound but I want a bigger screen like 4.5"
10. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Im hoping we'll see the Note sometime soon.
13. spinz (Posts: 26; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
I was thinking of that too but it doesn't have a good camera like the Rezound. That's why I wish we get a HTC One X or Galaxy sII HD.
11. techy (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I think it might have some thing to do with verizon-redbox deal.
14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
How can they be teasing something when they already have the GALAXY NEXUS and it's blocking from any of us that's on AT&T or T-Mobile to get our hands on one
15. KhakiBlueSocks (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
Why do I have the feeling that this is just going to be just another "Droid" something or "Galaxy" thing...
18. jabberwocky (Posts: 89; Member since: 21 Feb 2012)
Is that a joke?
They haven't announced jack from MWC. What is Verizon trying to say?
To loyal/new customers who's contract is up on all providers: "Try T-Mobile or AT&T; they are on top of it."
To the much smaller market of iPad upgrade/new customers: "We got you covered!"
19. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
dude...Verizon got CES. chill out. they don't have to be everywhere.
20. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Shared data for family plans? Although I would guess an LTE iPad is more likely, given the pending iPad announcement from Apple.
21. JunitoNH (Posts: 1297; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
I think it has to do with the family data plans or maybe new stupid droid with the Qwerty keyboard.
22. roscuthiii (Posts: 1949; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I wouldn't doubt it if it's iRelated. Verizon's been putting themselves in the same position as AT&T did when they got the iPhone - having their backsides owned by the fruit company.
Having had two previous Android handsets, why would their periodic email adverts to me (based on my account history they stated) be trying to sell me on an iPhone? I'm not overtly opposed to an iDevice but that would clearly not be the device they are targetting for me.
When stopping in a Verizon store when I was first eligible to upgrade the sales rep tried to steer me towards an iPhone again. (This is a story I've relayed before it sounds familiar.) I asked why I should go iPhone versus Android, Blackberry, or Windows and Brandon, whose name I will mention again, could only tell me, "Because it's iPhone. It's hot." No sale that day from me.
Just this last time I was in, the iDisplays were the first displays walking in the door. Not even their electronic sign-in kiosk anymore. Plus a whole wall display set up just to demonstrate Air Play. The reps were all walking around with an iPad. A lot of the Verizon red accents had been changed to white. No Windows phones out on display at all, and a few of their higher end Androids were absent as well. They still had out the Stratosphere, the Charge, the Incredible 2, and the Droid X 2... but not the Droid Razr duo, no Rezound and only dummy units of the Galaxy Nexus and Thunderbolt. I swear, it was more like walking into an Apple Store then a Verizon store.
23. galbert1555 (Posts: 14; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)