Verizon is getting rid of mail-in-rebates for higher-end smartphones?
0. phoneArena posted on 28 Jan 2011, 15:25
If a recent leaked internal document is to be believed, it surely will resonate well for customers who are looking to purchase a high-end smartphone. Although they offer instant prices on handsets...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Heywood G (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2011, 15:27 2 0
Its a smartphone promo running from 1/31/11 to 2/14/11
2. downphoenix posted on 28 Jan 2011, 15:47 0 0
Yea, probably just a valentine's day promo but would be nice to see this be a little more permanent.
3. ShiftMobile (unregistered) posted on 28 Jan 2011, 19:21 0 1
It says new smartphone strategy, not promo. All rebate forms have a start and end date to them, hence the two week time period that's listed. It does not say promo on that document.
5. Heywood G (unregistered) posted on 29 Jan 2011, 10:56 0 0
LOL, okay, whatever you say. LOL
And it's only a coincidence that the current smartphone promo, "Smartphones Talk Free", ends on 1/31/11 as well, right?
6. wilt (unregistered) posted on 29 Jan 2011, 11:13 0 0
why is this a good thing so if i want i 299.99 droid x i dont get a very very helpful 100.00 mir? how is this good who wnats a mid range not as good smartphone??? if you are going to get a smartphone and pay the 29.99 data or even the 15 15omb data plan why get a "MID" range device might as well step it up and not having a rebate would make a customer not want to pay for a higher priced device.
at my store a lg vortex is $100.00 with a 100 MIR know will it be 100 with a 50 MIR how is that better???
7. ReaverSpark (unregistered) posted on 29 Jan 2011, 15:38 0 0
Hey, look. Another employee without a job. I sure hope you got at least a year's salary or more from PS to cover your lack of funds.