Verizon is finally rolling out the OTA update for the HTC ThunderBolt
0. phoneArena posted on 12 May 2011, 13:04
Verizon is finally giving the green light for the HTC ThunderBolt’s over-the-air- firmware update that brings along some fixes mainly to its 3G connectivity and GPS. Moreover, it’ll also provide owners better organization...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. cc (unregistered) posted on 12 May 2011, 13:36 0
Downloading now :)
7. jogutier posted on 12 May 2011, 15:14 0
A bit of advise. If you did the ##778# to help your modem settings for 3G connectivity. Change it back or your 4G will come in and out and drop alot. Once I changed my settings back my 4G has been having my internet flying. YEEEES!
2. zfly9 posted on 12 May 2011, 14:14 1
So will this fix the buzzing noise people are talking about while talking? I am interested in this phone, but that is holding me back.
4. cc (unregistered) posted on 12 May 2011, 14:25 0
I'm not sure exactly what buzzing noise everyone is talking about, because I haven't experienced it myself. I will say the call quality is not quite as good as my Droid X was but everything else about the phone makes it worth it.
6. LionStone posted on 12 May 2011, 15:03 2
yea the buzzing noise is probably in their heads, lol...My TB works great as a phone...
20. mustanggirl05 (unregistered) posted on 13 May 2011, 14:36 0
The update does not fix the white noise sound during calls. I returned my first TB for a new one because of the noise and the second one still has the same annoying sound in the background during calls. Like other people have said you can make it go away somewhat by turning on the hearing aid option but then you cannot adjust the volume up or down. Other than that I love this phone. Hoping for a fix on the white noise issue.
5. Andy G (unregistered) posted on 12 May 2011, 14:42 0
8. May (unregistered) posted on 12 May 2011, 15:47 0
Forget this update! Where's my Droid Charge VZW!!!???
9. 3MTA3 (unregistered) posted on 12 May 2011, 15:48 0
Yeah too bad this update has failed. It was supposed to fix GPS and 3G radio it has done neither. I don't know what else was supposed to be fixed but my TBolt is lagging now. I am not happy about it. I hope they 'fix the fix' so to say. Oh and by the way, F APPLE.
10. Mr. B (unregistered) posted on 12 May 2011, 17:10 0
Don't know if what I hear is true but what the update also fixes which wasn't told is that with the mobile hot spot promo ending , it actually configures phone to register hot spot usage seperate instead of how it had previously registered usage together as part of you phone data plan.
19. correction12345 (unregistered) posted on 13 May 2011, 12:32 0
Actually the free mobile hot spot has been extended until June 15th and will also be free until that same date on the Samsung Charge.
11. gus (unregistered) posted on 12 May 2011, 19:31 0
Should I download the update?
16. KParks23 posted on 12 May 2011, 21:09 1
Hey phonearena how about u change it so only members can comment like it used to be.. so I don't have to look at all the spamming...........
18. mclifford81 posted on 13 May 2011, 08:39 0
The update is an epic fail.. Phone reboots all the time now and freezes up during text messaging and also drops calls more. Verizon needs to have a little better r&r with HTC in order to get this phone straight. I almost prefer going back to my Evo if it wasn't on Sprint that is..
21. Diesel2288 (unregistered) posted on 13 May 2011, 16:08 0
Been trying to manually update, but when I do, it searches for the update and then get the message "service unavailable". Anyway to fix this? Anyone else with this problem?
22. Owlet posted on 13 May 2011, 16:45 0
My update went smooth. No problems here. Fixed the volume issue with video recording. Interestingly, though, my "leaked" netflix app was gone after update! They deleted it!!!
25. Marc (unregistered) posted on 14 May 2011, 21:32 0
I installed the update, but it didn't delete my leaked Netflix app. Have you tried reinstalling it from the Web?
26. adrian (unregistered) posted on 15 May 2011, 06:10 0
Ever since the update my tb reboots before the update it never rebooted I wonder if this is gonna get fixed
27. caboarder posted on 15 May 2011, 10:02 0
Anyone else having their TBolt reboot randomly since update? I am not rooted. Seems to have done it 2 times in the last two days and just randomly in th middle of call the last time???
28. adrian (unregistered) posted on 15 May 2011, 14:41 0
Is there going to be a fix in the lag on the sms and the rebooting
29. adrian (unregistered) posted on 16 May 2011, 21:00 0
I figured how to stop the lagging in the txt msgs and mms and the rebooting.... While ur fone is on take out the battery and the 4g sim card for 1 minute then re install them and power it up... I did it and its been working fine for the last 8 hours...
30. Thinderbolt_USER (unregistered) posted on 21 May 2011, 01:22 0
I still have not received the update.
31. tommyz123 posted on 24 May 2011, 12:01 0
UUUGGGGGHHH!! As with many others, I'm sitting at my 2 yr upgrade without a clue as to what phone to go with. OTA fail upgrades, crappy battery performance, poor build quality the list goes on (or maybe not). Hopefully it'll be a big kudos to Moto when they finally release a phone (that also does the "phone" thing well) that is worthy of a $300 price tag. For now it looks like I'll live with my cracked lcd Rogue...did I say that out loud?
32. WTFchuck (unregistered) posted on 27 May 2011, 16:30 0
Has anyone else experienced problems with this software update???... My Thunderbolt now power cycles when it wants and as often as it wants.... DO NOT DOWNLOAD... CALL HTC at 1-866-449-8358 and ask WTF