Verizon is bringing its 4G LTE network to six new cities starting on July 21
Luckily, Big Red is constantly spreading its network across the country, and with that in mind, 6 new cities will be getting the green light starting on July 21. Specifically, 4G LTE will now blanket Huntsville, Alabama; Augusta, Georgia; Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania; Greater Springfield, Massachusetts; Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina; and Greensboro-Winston Salem-High Point, North Carolina.
So if you happen to live in any of those mentioned areas, feel free about upgrading to any of Verizon’s 4G LTE smartphones sometime soon – mainly because you’ll be benefiting a lot in the near future. If not, you can always hold out for the very next big thing.
source: Verizon via Android Central
4. Gcombs (unregistered) posted on 21 Jun 2011, 15:40 2 0
Its network 1st for Verizon. They are 100% focused when it comes to network upgrades. Just waiting for more 4G LTE devices to go with the network.
2. DROIDX0430 posted on 21 Jun 2011, 14:53 1 4
Ignorance or the lack of correct English will always follow great stores.
3. english_prof (unregistered) posted on 21 Jun 2011, 15:08 5 0
droidx0430: what are you talking about? Please stop posting nonsense...
5. Doritos (unregistered) posted on 21 Jun 2011, 17:19 0 0
6. CB2047 (unregistered) posted on 21 Jun 2011, 17:23 0 0
I really wish I knew how they are chosing these cities...doesn't seem to make much sense. I do commend them, however, for spreading LTE so quickly.
9. noodleassassin posted on 22 Jun 2011, 06:45 0 0
I think Syracuse, NY will be soon. My Tbolt picked up an LTE signal for about an hour yesterday. Speed test showed 300kbps so they may have just been testing the towers.
10. lawdroid (unregistered) posted on 23 Jun 2011, 19:23 0 0
Big Red is testing 4G in Johnstown PA TODAY!!! AWSOME SPEEDS.....