Verizon iPhone 5 is unlocked for use on GSM carriers
0. phoneArena 21 Sep 2012, 15:44 posted on
Today marks the official launch of the Apple iPhone 5, but the unlocked version of the phone isn't expected to be made available for at least a few weeks, but it turns out that there's an easy way to get an unlocked iPhone 5 from Verizon...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. cncrim (Posts: 791; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
CDMA phone on GSM carrier, something will not work rite. Save yourself headache and hassle to get the right phone for the right carrier.
3. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
the iPhone 5 has a built in chip to handle both cdma and gsm all in one. so yes, it will work on cdma or gsm carriers. apple hasn't even started selling unlocked phones yet. I wish other carriers would do that. especially if the next nexus phone is only on one carrier :( - i.e. the g nexus
8. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Laptops come with wifi cards that are compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n etc. That means if your router is A it will work, if its B it will also work etc etc.
You dont buy laptops specific to routers. The iPhone is a world phone it works on all networks, only thing to keep in mind is the LTE band, everything else works everywhere else. Worst case scenario you have 3G
BTW all verizon phones work on PagePlus for $50http://tinyurl.com/32n7ll
PagePlus uses Verizons towers, just like Boost uses Sprint's ;)
2. zer00 (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
so was anyone allowed to keep there unlimited? I used my upgrade knowing I'd lose it and the guy told me he added my unlimited back!
4. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
wheres your 10/10 review PA ???
only theverge reviewed this crappy phone without sounding too biased unlike engadget. god smh
5. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
Hmm... Thats actually pretty damn cool. A true world phone. Well. Kinda. haha
6. sc5sdanny (Posts: 9; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Could this mean the phone will work for metropcs ?
10. steven252000 (Posts: 64; Member since: 10 Feb 2010)
I am sure they will lock'er down with some software update soon. This is very unlike Verizon.