Verizon iPhone 4 ad teases its capabilities: you can even do calls now
In the video below, the Big Red iPhone 4 is displayed in all its beauty, and then the inevitable question pops up - "can we make uninterrupted calls now"? A hand reaches out, and guess who's that - it's the Verizon man, and he, with a slightly noticeable mischievous smile says "Yes. I can hear you now".
That's classic stuff, really.
source: Verizon's Channel (on You Tube) via SlashGear
1. gw (unregistered) posted on 04 Feb 2011, 08:15 0 5
Ok so its, yes. I can hear you know! Phonearena you need help get a clue. And that phone number gets you no where. Its a 555 number. Call it! Sometimes I really wonder about this site.
24. FaM (unregistered) posted on 06 Feb 2011, 12:31 0 0
You do realize 555 is the area code used in all movies\tv shows...its the generic number they always give it.
2. Ralston1983 posted on 04 Feb 2011, 08:28 1 0
@GW Dude what are you ranting about? It's Verizon's commercial. Calm down.
3. damienh28 posted on 04 Feb 2011, 08:41 2 0
@gw Ur a retard its a Verizon commercial... I wonder about you
4. Marcus (unregistered) posted on 04 Feb 2011, 08:59 0 0
@GW.. I agree, they need to lear how to spell, "I can hear you NOW, not know. And @Ralston and @Damienh28.. I am pretty sure everyone knows it's a VZW commercial. Anyway, I like the commercial!!
5. gw (unregistered) posted on 04 Feb 2011, 09:09 0 0
Well since the original post. They have removed the number and corrected the spelling. Good job phonearena good job.
6. Ralston1983 posted on 04 Feb 2011, 09:42 1 0
@marcus we know ppl know it's a verizon commercial. So why is GW complaining that phonearena needs help and to get a clue? All they did was post a video made by someone else
7. gw (unregistered) posted on 04 Feb 2011, 10:08 2 1
I was not saying anything about commercial. I was pointing out they, had spelled know intead of now. They had also put the phone number thats on iphone during commercial saying its att and its not. Since my post they have since corrected the speeling and removed the number from there article. I love the commercial! Its cool the test man made a cameo.
9. comeonreally (unregistered) posted on 04 Feb 2011, 10:19 5 0
And in your own post about Phonearena's poor spelling/grammar use, you've
1. mispelled instead as "intead"
2. omitted the apostrophe from "that's" and "it's" multiple times
3. mispelled spelling as "speeling"
4. incorrectly used "there" instead of "their"
8. DJLegacy2k5 posted on 04 Feb 2011, 10:17 2 2
Sad that here in the Baltimore/Washington and surrounding areas north of Baltimore Verizon is horrible with dead zones and complaints. I guess unless I move I will never understand peoples' infactuation with "Big Red" since even Sprint works better here.
11. Jeromeo posted on 04 Feb 2011, 10:43 1 2
Sure, you can make a voice call, but can you make a voice call and transfer data at the same time?
17. weakpoint (unregistered) posted on 05 Feb 2011, 01:17 0 0
boy im going to miss all those times i called the random customer service lines while i surfed the web on my phone just for background noise. i just cant use the browser on my phone without being on a call at the same time. its just too important.
18. XxVerbalxX (unregistered) posted on 05 Feb 2011, 09:22 0 0
r u saying that making a call on your cell PHONE is less important than being able to make a call that breaks up or fails while you're on youtube watching a dog lick itself?
12. DJLegacy2k5 posted on 04 Feb 2011, 11:01 1 3
LOL, let's not forget that the ATT network wasnt the problem with the iPhone...The horribly placed ANTENNA was! It was APPLE's fault, so I dont know why Verizon is attacking ATT. Just wait till the complaints of poor sound quality and dropped calls start rolling into Verizon now. Also their customer service scores are sure to drop when Verizon reps start telling iPhone owners "sorry you have to take your iPhone to Apple to get serviced, also if you didn't purchase their $70 warranty you will have to pay for any tech support. have a nice day!"
13. JustPlainDave posted on 04 Feb 2011, 12:03 1 2
They attack AT&T because they're the only logical target according to them. (Not that I agree with them) If AT&T with all its researchers and millions of dollars couldn't predict the effect (negative or otherwise) of the iPhone on their customer service and their network, I don't know what makes VZW think they're ready. You can never be ready for the rotten apple to spoil the company.
19. duhdjleegacy2k5 (unregistered) posted on 05 Feb 2011, 13:31 0 0
actually VZW changed teh antenna aspect of the phone to be better with the cdma services so there will not be any dropped calls also you have the options of getting the regular insurance from ausurion which will charge you a 99 detectable and also includes a one year warrenty yes they have the options of purchasing the apple care ins as well! awww too bad soo sad!!! and ATT attacks VZW first...
14. Cazwell posted on 04 Feb 2011, 13:43 1 1
Caz likes to eat a glass bowl of fuckshit, with taco sauce!
20. Tre Miller (unregistered) posted on 05 Feb 2011, 20:27 0 0
@duhdjleegacy2k5 - You pwned them hardcore. :D VZW FTW
23. depeche posted on 06 Feb 2011, 11:58 0 0
I did not realize I would find comedy in this article. Your comments have been entertaining. Maybe we can talk about phones, technology etc.. Now?