Verizon fixes bug that let customers upgrade without losing unlimited data
0. phoneArena 30 Sep 2013, 03:37 posted on
On Sunday, we told you that some Verizon customers using the carrier's website were apparently being allowed to upgrade to a new subsidized phone without having to give up an unlimited data plan; one of our loyal readers, who works at Verizon, had stated that this had to be a glitch in the system. And not everyone was getting treated the same way...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. JasonK_25 (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 May 2013)
I was the beneficiary of a similar "bug" when I pre-ordered the SGS4. I assume it's because I switched from another 4g phone and never had to call and activate the SIM card. Hope it sticks until my next upgrade!
2. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 869; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Damn.. Wish I had seen the other article earlier.
15. andynaija (Posts: 537; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Guess you were too RELUCTANT to check earlier!! Nahh just playin :D
3. structureman116 (Posts: 136; Member since: 14 Sep 2010)
Verizon frequently has bugs on their site related to upgrading and purchasing accessories, etc. Two weeks after upgrading my wifes line on our plan, I logged in to our account and it said her line was still eligible for an upgrade. So I upgraded again, and activated the phone on my line, which had been upgraded 3 months prior. I sold my Droid 3 for several hundred bucks and bought me a G-Nex. I check their site at least 2 or 3 times a day...take a quick 5 minutes looking for an issue to exploit. I mean as badly as they screw us on prices, software updates, etc, it sometimes feels nice to pull one over on them once in a while!
4. Whateverman (Posts: 3235; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Although I could see how they could cancel the orders for incorrect pricing, it seems that this should be a bit different since this was really about the T&C. Anyone who paid the correct price and gave an e-signature should be able to keep their new devices with the contract they agreed to. But I'm should vzw will find a legal loophole to screw these customers too, they always do.
5. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
"Years ago, when an incorrect price showed up briefly for the HTC Thunderbolt on Verizon's system, all orders done at the lower, incorrect price, were canceled."
Really Mr Alan / Mr Writer, I posted this yesterday - see Post #5 posted 9/28/2013 at 16:38pm:
At least give me better credit or read your own site. Just plain old plagiarism I tell you - [IT'S TERRIFYING]!
By the way "Years ago" was actually March 17 of 2011 .... lol "years ago"?
7. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
2 years: 6 months: 13 days: hours and minutes, grey area depending on when you start counting - TO BE EXACT (roughly).
So, 2.5 or 2½ years and a few days doesn't quite add up to 3 years ago or "Years ago" - thank you!
9. Bernoulli (Posts: 2128; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
It does if you are talking about significant digits, and since the article only has one digit, so the answer was rounded to 3, retard.
10. Bernoulli (Posts: 2128; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
This moron doesn't know about significant digits don't sweat it
13. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I have a significant digit that'll make YOU "sweat it".
14. Bernoulli (Posts: 2128; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
And what would that be? Ignorant person in mathematics.
11. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6950; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
They should of done that few years ago
12. ChafedBanana (Posts: 362; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
As soon as I discovered the bug Saturday, I called all my friends with upgrades and unlimited data.
16. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
dang, why dont i have friends like you? (well, im supp play that part.. but i missed the ball. boohoo)
17. honorcode (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
I was able to upgrade to iphone 5s an keep my 700 family plan with unlimited data on my line, have printed confirmation. Couldn't find a way to utilize the VERIZON30 coupon though - wish I could've gotten that glitch too.