Verizon finally launches the Motorola Xoom with LTE built-in
0. phoneArena 26 Oct 2011, 11:42 posted on
Verizon has finally launched a version of the Motorola Xoom tablet that has the 4G LTE radio already built-in and can be had for $499 with a two-year contract or $669 without the ball and chain…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Did the delay have anything to do with Tegra 2/LTE incompatibility? This upgrade was supposed to happen many months ago.
2. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
It wasn't upgraded it was rebuilt. The original still lacks LTE doesn't it?
3. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
There was supposed to be a program to send in 3G Xooms for upgrade, but that got delayed just as long.
4. alc (Posts: 17; Member since: 19 May 2010)
the original xooms are being upgraded as we speak. some people are having delays, but a lot of people (including me) have sent their original xoom in and gotten it back with all its LTE glory.
As for the question...no i wouldn't pay $499 with a contract. I'd sell mine (contract free) to anyone willing to pay $499.
5. maxican16 (Posts: 361; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
You'd have to be a very ill informed customer to pay this price. So many better options for less. What is Moto thinking? FAIL.
7. zuno gyakusatsu (Posts: 257; Member since: 16 Mar 2010)
motorola never thinks, they never have. thats why all their products are garbage.
6. ardent1 (Posts: 1983; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
WalMart is blowing out its current inventory of the original Xoom for as little as $398. So far there are very few buyers at $200 off the original MSRP.
8. duke594 (Posts: 11; Member since: 03 Sep 2009)
Two things strike me funny about this article/ comments. First, the picture of the Xoom phonearena has is for the wifi only version not the 3G/4G version from Verizon. Second, why does everyone bash the Xoom. I have an iPad and a Xoom. I would take the Xoom over the iPad any day of the week. It has a 1Ghz dual core processor, 1GB of ram and a 10.1 inch screen plus a usb port that you can use for a keyboard or mouse or a memory card. I am not sure why it gets such bad press.