Verizon extends holiday return period, test drive a smartphone today
The extended policy applies to anyone purchasing a phone or accessories between November 15th and December 28th. That makes the holidays a perfect time for Verizon customers to take one of those smartphones you’ve been drooling over for a spin. Returns must be in like-new condition and come with a receipt and the original packaging.
Does this make anyone else more likely to get a phone sooner rather than later, or have you already made up your mind about holiday handset purchases?
source: Verizon via Droid-life
1. Sethdras (Posts: 61; Member since: 22 Jul 2009)
first, still waiting for the nexus to replace my OG droid
2. JayLeBlanc (Posts: 33; Member since: 16 May 2011)
Is this valid for phones bought for 1 cent via the Amazon deal?
3. JayLeBlanc (Posts: 33; Member since: 16 May 2011)
Cause if it is, I\'m buying a RAZR today and then upgrading to a Nexus when that comes out
4. xupru (Posts: 17; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
As far as I know:
Verizon return/exchange policies don't apply to phones bought from other sources like Amazon/Best Buy/Costco
Feel free to confirm for yourself
6. Yeeee (Posts: 190; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
buy the razr from verizon, return it and pay 35$. Then go and buy the nexus prime(galaxy nexus) off of amazon.
9. androidphan (Posts: 32; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Order it online then. Don't go to a store and buy a phone you know your going to return.
5. Synack (Posts: 663; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Confirmed by a Verizon in-store employee that it is only major Verizon stores, nothing else, not even authorized resellers or whatever those stores are called.
I'm currently test driving an iPhone to tide me over to the GNexus. If I like it, I'll keep it, if I like the GNex better then I'll get that.
10. bossmt_2 (Posts: 430; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Verizon does this every year, not shocking, before the 30 day WFG they extended it til like the 6th or something like that. Still better to make sure you get the phone you want, not worth paying the 35 dollar fee.
11. jsd0108 (Posts: 19; Member since: 11 Mar 2010)
Keep in mind that you only get one exchange.