Motorola Calgary Preliminary Specifications
HTC Passion Preliminary Specifications
RIM BlackBerry Curve2 8930 Preliminary Specifications
This article contains unofficial information.
1. Fanboys Suck (Posts: 609; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
If you have the inventory, then by all means... Release 'em!!!
2. vzwman (Posts: 385; Member since: 26 Oct 2009)
i dont think that the passion would make it in time, but i must say im proud to have this faboulus network
3. YouLostTheGame (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Ture story.I wonder what these phones are that "...we have not heard anything about yet." are. At any rate, hope the Droid does well, but I won't be an early adopter. I was with the first Storm, and have wished I hadn't for almost the entire time I've had my BB.
11. steverunner (Posts: 6; Member since: 11 Apr 2008)
I understand your reluctance to being an early adopter (I got the Kyocera 7135 when it first came out years ago), but I think this Droid thing is a good bet. I’m heading to my local Verizon store first thing Friday morning (8AM here in Central Massachusetts). Multiple sources have given positive reviews about this phone, with the only reoccurring “downside” being the less than perfect keyboard (followed in all reviews by the comment: “once you get used to the flat keys, it’s not a big deal”). I’m sold.
12. TheEclectic (Posts: 77; Member since: 23 Sep 2009)
I'm definitely taking the "wait and see" approach. Especially with this report about phones we haven't even heard about. I want to see how the Passion stacks up against the Droid and then any other "unknown" phones. I'm giving myself till mid-late January before actually running down to the store and buying a new phone.
4. rockstar323 (Posts: 20; Member since: 15 Jan 2009)
the curve 2 they are talking about is the 8530 not the 8930.
17. awesomeanthony (Posts: 51; Member since: 24 Dec 2008)
Do you think they will release an 8930?
5. theLB (Posts: 4; Member since: 22 Oct 2009)
This Makes me Very Happy if true. Im not due for mu New Every 2 until April so this will give a better selection to choose from plus time for user experiences to get reported. I REALLY like the Droid but I also have an eye out for the HTC HD2 and HTC Passion and hope Both of them are out by then so I can get what is truly teh best experience for my usage.
6. *HOVA* (Posts: 564; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
My local VZW store said they've had a ton of returns on the Storm 2. If the rumor is correct and they are looking at sales of newly released smartphones such as the Storm 2 this might not happen.
7. Phoney (Posts: 13; Member since: 16 Aug 2009)
I got the Storm2 on release date... it works fine for me. Some quirks, but a whole lot less than every other new release phone I tried out this year (more than I care to remember).
8. Literati (Posts: 17; Member since: 22 Oct 2009)
Well, they said the Droid. That probably doesn't include the Storm 2, but probably does include the Droid and the Eris. Based on the fanfare I've been hearing about, it's likely that the Droid will sell pretty well.
9. theLB (Posts: 4; Member since: 22 Oct 2009)
Really? My colleague picked up a Storm2 at lunch today and seems pretty happy with it so far. But regardless I would think that they would be watching the Droid sales next week more than anything since that is what is being marketed all over.
10. *HOVA* (Posts: 564; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Glad I got negative comment ratings for stating facts. You trolls need to get a life. Nice to hear this isn't the case everywhere for those who left comments.
13. vzw fanman (Posts: 1973; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
welcome to my world hova. congrats to verizon for doing such a great job this year.
15. *HOVA* (Posts: 564; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Yea why don't these bitches make valid comments instead of hiding behind their "-" sign they keep clicking on. Probably because they know they don't have an argument and are just hating on those who can put them in their place... Carry on pussies!!! Can't wait to see how big my red number will be now.
16. vzw fanman (Posts: 1973; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
i totally agree. that's what i've been saying.
19. jundibasam (Posts: 119; Member since: 05 Aug 2009)
why do you give a shit what rating some anonymous bloggers give you? Does PA hand out prizes or cash awards for high ratings or something? Grow some thicker skin dude, its not a big deal
22. YouLostTheGame (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Well *HOVA*, I know I personally wouldn't go near the Storm 2. The first one is all the hassle I can handle; 5.0 makes a WORLD of difference, but other than Wifi, the Storm2 in my opinion really has nothing spectacular to offer. So here's to hoping that if the Storm2 really is tanking like the last one did, that those numbers just get passed over so we don't have to wait to see what's coming sooner than later.
24. GlenF (Posts: 50; Member since: 02 Nov 2009)
it's not a fact, it's an anecdote from 1 store
26. traedmark (Posts: 11; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I think many of the returns they are getting on the Storm2 are because of DROID buzz, not because the storm2 is less than capable. I did the same thing with a BB tour. On a side note, I think RIM should stick to making quality hardware and ditch their OS endeavors. Is there anything truly special about BB OS?
30. *HOVA* (Posts: 564; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
That's an interesting note, I can see that. I know the same store that told me this was telling a few customers, just while I was there, to wait for the release of the DROID, so that would make sense. I see the ridiculous buzz about the DROID but am not quite sure what it's all about. Yea, it has the newest verison of ANDROID and a nice camera but otherwise what?... It's a dime a dozen slide out QWERTY touchscreen phone with some bumped up specs... I'll be interested in seeing one up close to see what the big fuss is.
14. VZW (Posts: 24; Member since: 02 Nov 2009)
It was me who told Verizon about the 15 Smartphone/phones coming to Verizon Wireless. They are releasing phones that no one even knows about. Also, they will annouce what we can expect in 2010.
20. jundibasam (Posts: 119; Member since: 05 Aug 2009)
I heard Lowell say publicly that it was going to be 18 different models released? Where did you get 15 from?
18. xcalibur (Posts: 49; Member since: 18 May 2009)
i'm going to wait this out and see what new phones come between this month and january hopefully some more new android devices with decent keyboards.
23. GlenF (Posts: 50; Member since: 02 Nov 2009)
Love the "Wait and see" approach. Always waiting for the perfect phone...there is no perfect phone, just the phone that's right for you
25. tuminatr (Posts: 715; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
I want to get a droid, its a tough one between the motorola and eris
29. mthoren68 (Posts: 66; Member since: 21 Sep 2009)
That is a joke. That could have been a decent phone if it came out by now. By April it is going to be, comparatively speaking, a run of the mill phone.
28. vzw fanman (Posts: 1973; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
soo has any one kept count of how many usernames on here have "vzw" in them? compared to at&t, ha.