Verizon details plans for AWS spectrum
0. phoneArena 13 Mar 2013, 21:42 posted on
Verizon has been very busy during this "spectrum shortage" (according to all major carriers) to buy up as much AWS spectrum as possible. Verizon made deals with many companies, including T-Mobile to acquire the AWS spectrum, and now the company is detailing the plans for that spectrum...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Bernoulli (Posts: 2421; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Veriexpensive needs to bring back unlimited data! After all it is cheaper to transmit data over LTE vs cdma
4. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
It will never happen... Give it up and go with other providers that do have them... That's why AT&T-Mobile didn't happen so that us subscribers have more choices.
2. bojan (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
Verizon sucks. any company is better than them.
7. jjnbbills12 (Posts: 18; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
I am guessing you have never heard of Monsanto.
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Except when you want/need LTE coverage. VZW has it. Everyone else claims to have it.
13. Bernoulli (Posts: 2421; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Yeah not many of us actually need lte, I do just fine with my non overheating hspa+ 42 mbps that has a lot of coverage nationwide, plus what's the point of lte if it isn't unlimited? It's gone after a Dr who episode (1.5 gigabytes for 1 hour of hd streaming)
6. pholocity (Posts: 10; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
if all the carriers had 700Mhz spectrum there'd be some pretty damn coverage for everyone
14. Bernoulli (Posts: 2421; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Not if it's on different blocks, like at&t and Verizon currently are
8. teerex42 (Posts: 186; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
You can keep TRUE unlimited data by paying full price for your phone on Verizon. I have no problem doing that, as I can sell my S3 for almost what I pad for the device. Verizon also has the best 4G coverage out there..where there is 3G now there will be 4G by the end of the year. Verizon rules, everyone else drools. I save myself at least 50 bucks per month by having unlimited data on my phone!!!!! I don't have to pay a separate internet bill for high speed internet which can cost of upwards of 50 plus per month depending on the speed you pay for. You can bitch all you want but Verizon is the best bar none!!!!
9. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 426; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Lol u guys funny ..Verizon the worst because they the most expensive ....
10. kabukijoe (Posts: 92; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
The Bugatti Veyron Super Sport is the fastest car in the world, better do the practical thing and drop $2.5 million on one so that I can have the "best"
-Verizon customers logic
11. JunitoNH (Posts: 1297; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Maybe T-Mobile should had kept some of it, and provide better coverage and less drop calls.