Verizon data struggling through Sunday night?
According to some of the forum posters at Android Central, the problem with Verizon's piepline reaches such diverse areas such as Southern California, Northern Alabama Virginia, North Carolina and Orlando, Florida to name a few. Some of those complaining say that both voice and data are out.
Are you a Verizon customer having problems with the service tonight? Let us know where you are, what problems you are having and which model phone you are using. You can leave us the comments in the box below!
1. TheDude884 (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2011, 22:00 0 0
Data (3G and 4G) has been mostly out since 4 PM in Southern California. I drove 75 miles and my phone only worked for calls. Randomly, the data comes back, and all e-mails show up at once, but a few minutes later it's gone again. I tested another 4G phone and both are out.
Let's hope it's fixed shortly.
24. greenroboto (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2011, 23:41 1 0
Good things about other kind of phone (green robot and poison apple) .... they still usable..... unlike BB :)
41. Droid_X_Doug posted on 17 Oct 2011, 01:41 1 0
First it was RIM. Now VZW. Although Sprint was having its own set of challenges yesterday. I was noticing data throughput in the 10 kbps range on my EVO 3D yesterday. Sometimes, nothing. Same area today was seeing approximately 400 - 500 kbps.
2. kingjr243 posted on 16 Oct 2011, 22:11 0 0
Happened to me earlier today for awhile still is too of and on
3. coolvela (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2011, 22:19 0 0
Here in Tacoma, WA is out also. Pretty much the whole day. I called Verizon around 3:30pm I was on hold for 25 minutes finally when the technical support answered they told me that the whole 4G network is down. They told me that they were working to get it back up around an hour, well it's been almost 5 hours and still down. They suck!
14. coolvela (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2011, 22:55 0 0
I'm using Droid Bionic
40. taco50 (banned) posted on 17 Oct 2011, 01:36 2 0
Love people who if they have any problem ever claim the company sucks
64. AndroidtopsApple posted on 17 Oct 2011, 18:38 0 0
I normally disagree with you in posts, but this one I have to say I agree too.
65. ZayZay posted on 18 Oct 2011, 13:34 0 0
I enjoy when someone tells me they want a free month because their internet didn't work for 2 hours.
Well Call the retention and let them know and they will give you your 80 cents credit for time lost, have a good day.
5. Thump3rDX17 posted on 16 Oct 2011, 22:24 0 0
my Droid 3, Droid Incredible 2 & Droid Charge are fine but my Droid Bionic isn't receiving data.
33. liezbroz (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2011, 00:38 0 2
so let me get this straight based on your sentence your saying you have 4 active phones that all belong to soley yourself. what person in their right mind needs 4 cell phone lines with data for their day to day needs. Not saying your lying just curious if you can explain in general why you use 4 different phone lines by yourself?
36. Thump3rDX17 posted on 17 Oct 2011, 01:02 0 0
they're all active phones on my family plan and each of the phones belongs to a member of my family now tell me would it really be relevant for me to say which phone belongs to who? i just say they're mine because i speak as the representative of all things technological in my family and i get the damn things for them.
49. liezbroz (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2011, 05:43 0 0
lol that's for laughing that you took that question personal. Secondly if you read my comment it clearly has a clause in it that shows there is no malice defined by me stating I'm curious. Based on your sentence structure your referring to all phones under your sole usage. Nothing personal chill out. And for the record your a good family member hooking them up with good phones. Cheers mate.
59. Thump3rDX17 posted on 17 Oct 2011, 12:58 0 0
then what was the point of asking? also instead of figuring out for yourself you ask me the ridiculous question of why i would use 4 phones myself. your question was so ridiculous that naturally it got me on the defensive. it's not that hard to figure out. who would use 4 phones at one time? oh maybe they're just the phones he's acquired for his house hold.
60. Phullofphil posted on 17 Oct 2011, 14:44 0 0
Holy Moses I think your still a little worked up. Hey I got at least four phones an iPad a net book two lap tops and a personal computer. Droid x iPhone 4 bionic and samsung omnia and htc something the one that came out first for verizon
Edit.....and there alll mine ol mine well unless you Wana buy one I could sell the omnia. It's rooted with an adrenaline romin it. Can any body on here remember that developer and where he went to. I know it was the first droid than idk
61. Thump3rDX17 posted on 17 Oct 2011, 15:03 0 0
are they all activated? that's all i'm counting. i have plenty of other inactivated devices. i just don't see the point of dissecting my post. why should i have to explain myself to him? does it really matter?
42. Phullofphil posted on 17 Oct 2011, 01:50 0 0
On the bionic if the 3G phones are working you can take your bionic go to settings network part were the wifi is go to the very bottom section to mobile network than hit network mode option and put it on CDMA only that might make it work. I was getting intermediate periods of 3G than nothing when I did that than all of a sudden my 4g and all cam back on of the last two hours and just went off again. I live near Portland Oregon
43. Thump3rDX17 posted on 17 Oct 2011, 01:54 0 0
MY DAD actually keeps his phone on CDMA only to conserve battery life when he's not using it so i know that doesn't help.
6. South Miami (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2011, 22:24 0 0
Hard to tell as this has been normal behavior for my Moto Bionic for the past six weeks...lol
21. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 16 Oct 2011, 23:32 0 0
It always seems like it's the unregistered users who bulls**t the most.
53. BarneyDroid posted on 17 Oct 2011, 09:20 1 0
I talked to VZW last night about my Bionic. I thought it was the 3g glitch at first but when I switched to 4G it dropped off too. They told me it was a Network wide problem not the Bionic. It is restored now. (Dallas Area)
7. Nick Graham (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2011, 22:25 0 0
Funny before I read this a Verizon add popped up on the screen about their reliable network...
54. BarneyDroid posted on 17 Oct 2011, 09:21 0 0
This is the first time I have ever had a problem with their network so I'm pretty ok with this
10. John (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2011, 22:31 0 0
Having problems with data in the Dallas Fort Worth area in Texas. Right now using my wiring.
11. peterl (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2011, 22:45 0 0
san diego, ca
No 3g or 4g service on a HTC thunderbolt
12. JJamesW (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2011, 22:47 0 0
Droid Bionic and 4G hotspot are still working here in Dallas for me.
13. Flyboyron (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2011, 22:50 0 0
In Rockford, IL, my 3G and 4G data dropped suddenly. It's been intermittently back throughout the evening. It shows 4G LTE now, but signal strength is very weak, and I can't get a real data connection.
Unfortunate, because I brought a new Droid Bionic home last night, and was looking forward to playing around and "optimizing" it. No joy! Never figured I'd be disappointed with "only" my DSL speed.
Looking forward to getting it back soon!
15. codymws posted on 16 Oct 2011, 23:09 2 0
3G is working fine in Salem, Oregon. Can't say anything about LTE though, since Verizon hasn't gotten it here yet...
Come on! It's the capitol of Oregon!
66. ZayZay posted on 18 Oct 2011, 13:35 0 0
And one of the Smaller cities. Seems like down here is Eugene is bigger.
16. Scuba_Steve posted on 16 Oct 2011, 23:13 0 0
We couldn't activate a customers Samsung Stratosphere because of the outage.
20. Scuba_Steve posted on 16 Oct 2011, 23:31 0 0
Make matters worse it was a cop who was on call :/
32. ShanikuaKnowws posted on 17 Oct 2011, 00:29 0 0
My HTC Thunderbolt works perfect here in Phoenix. I'm even using the mobile hotspot.
17. MAman (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2011, 23:21 0 0
3G coverage bar is low, but 3G is working smoothly on my connection here in Waltham MA, near Boston.
19. Mr.phone.guy. posted on 16 Oct 2011, 23:27 0 0
No problem with my data. oh wait.....I'm on the sprint network. I wonder if the Iphone is wreaking havoc with data networks?
50. SMB posted on 17 Oct 2011, 07:52 0 0
Well if its 4G thats also out, since the iPhone isn't 4G, I don't think that's the case.
55. speed4evr posted on 17 Oct 2011, 10:30 0 0
I agree with the iPhone wrecking havoc. The extreme amount of iPhone activations over the weekend affect the billing/network systems the control the networks.
22. greenroboto (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2011, 23:40 0 0
AT LEAST.... unlike BB..... the phone still can function well
23. Recnamoruen (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2011, 23:41 0 0
Nationwide data outage on lte is confirmed. Been telling customers about it all day
25. iamdomi (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2011, 23:51 0 0
I have the Moto Droid Bionic and my data has been GONE since about 4/5 pm today in South Carolina. Talk about p*ssed to the max.
26. ssjdarkwing posted on 16 Oct 2011, 23:57 0 0
Verizon Customer here in Kansas City,MO. With no data to send or receive. Stuck using w-fi on the Motorola Droid Bionic.
27. OnceLoyal (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2011, 00:03 0 0
Out all afternoon and evening in SoCal. Launching more LTE markets, nevermind existing ones are jacked up.
28. Bob (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2011, 00:09 0 0
Bionic no data in Wyoming
29. iblackdroid posted on 17 Oct 2011, 00:15 0 0
If ur having these problems ur lukky compared to what i have... My blackberry is going A.D.D on me... its stuck on jmv error 545... screw u blackberry ive been having problems with u from dayy one hopefully i can talk verizon into letting me get an iphone 4s
30. someguy (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2011, 00:15 0 0
No 3g in mid idaho using bionic
31. mikeyfresh420 (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2011, 00:21 0 0
Iphone 4 in Pittsburgh, PA. Luckily no issues whatsoever.
34. travis (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2011, 00:56 0 0
I'm in ILL. And my s**t went out around 6pm and I'm stuck on 1x so I really don't know what to say I just hope they fix it soon
35. itzmando posted on 17 Oct 2011, 01:00 0 0
No Prob. for me still have 4 full bars of signal strength all day, from LA to SD in Cali. Own a Moto D2 Global.
Played youtube vidz and surfed the web when family came for visit. So weird that their is an outage in SoCal when I haven't suffered like other people.
37. Godrulz (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2011, 01:10 0 0
3g &4g has been on and off. Colton C.A....... Droid Bionic.
38. Sir_lucious_leftfoot (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2011, 01:14 0 1
its the crappy droid phones not the VZ network. These droids eat up battery like a mugg. Charge much?? hahahaha ..RIP to my ninja Steve Jobs.. IPhONE ftw
39. p4c023 posted on 17 Oct 2011, 01:24 0 0
Bionic 4G... I can't connect to 4g or 3g, text are fine
44. Phullofphil posted on 17 Oct 2011, 02:00 0 0
I had 4g back for about two hours. If 3G is working in your area than go into your settings and turn your LTE of and run CDMA only you might still have luck that it's just not switching back. When my wifi goes out my phones have always stayed on that instead of found a connection somewhere else. I turned my LTE off an had 3G for an hour. Than nothing. Text and voice never went out. I wonder if there being hacked I really believe that could be possible considering I never have had my data go off on my Verizon phone in Portland as long as I have had Verizon. Witch has been over fifteen years
45. jj (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2011, 02:56 0 0
Fairfield tx no 3G on the Bionic. This phone suxs
47. pabstblurbbn (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2011, 04:03 0 0
Stuck on 1x since about 4pm in Portland, Oregon on my Thunderbolt. This is absolutely unacceptable. For the amount of money Verizon charges there had better be some compensation.
48. brandon p (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2011, 04:32 0 0
IN upstate 1 x to bars with nothing 3g then nothing...i was wondering
51. archeryhunter1993 (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2011, 08:44 0 0
i live in Hemet which is in southern california. my phone has been working fine on both data and voice. i have the lg env3.