Verizon customers start petition for Samsung GALAXY Note
Those behind the petition are aiming for 5,000 signatures to let Big Red know that its customers really, really want this phone. Currently, there is a long way to go with 350 names signed on to the petition. Need to hear the specs again? The Samsung GALAXY Note has a 5.3 inch Super AMOLED display with resolution of 800 x 1280. Under the hood is a dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm MSM8660. 1GB of RAM is aboard with an 8MP rear-facing camera capturing video in 1080p. The 2MP shooter up front takes self-portraits and allows you to video chat. 16GB (or 32GB) of native storage is available. Android 2.3 is installed although an update to Android 4.0 is coming soon. AT&T and Best Buy are asking $299.99 for the phone, with a signed two-year contract.
If you are a Verizon customer and want the guys in the suits at the carrier to hear your wish for the Samsung GALAXY Note loud and clear, you can fill out the petition on line by clicking on the link.
source: Change.org via DroidLife
1. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
why would they want the note when they already have the nexus… but okay..
just a thought but i wish someone would start a petition against att throttling unlimited data users…
4. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Size queens; rather hold my phone with two hands and still struggle (like a regular visit to the urinal).
You have my sympathy on the bottle-necking. I managed to gorge 35GB on Verizon last month; last Gig' was just as fast as the first.
29. alpinejason (Posts: 262; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
35 gigs?someone really needs to get a life!!!!
35. Jamus (Posts: 30; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
35gigs!? Your the reason carriers drop unlimited data. We should start a petition to throttle your account.
38. -box- (Posts: 3978; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Verizon throttles the same as AT&T does.
35GB? What the heck for? I hardly use that much on my landline in a month
14. jsoliz1985 (Posts: 23; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
The nexus is admittedly a great phone but the note brings expandable storage, higher resolution (lower pixel density), and the S pen. I mostly use my phone for movies, games, and the web. I personally am leaving verizon for the Note.
17. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
hm i suppose.. the main reason i would not get a note is because it is pentile.. i know the nexus is too, and it really bugs me-- especially on screens as large as those
30. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 426; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
u crazy y go 2 at&t when they throttle.... lol
20. redrooster13 (Posts: 107; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
Here is your link for the petition against ATT throttling!
22. redrooster13 (Posts: 107; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
Sorry this link should work if the above does not.
39. hobble (Posts: 130; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
That's not even a fair comparison. The nexus isn't that great of a phone at all.
2. Conan_Kudo (Posts: 19; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
It's not like Verizon can get it anytime soon anyway. The Galaxy Note is exclusively for AT&T for at least a quarter.
19. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1018; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I don't know if it's exclusive, I haven't heard them say it was. But, I do agree that even with this petition, you would be too late in getting the device. By the time it goes through all the hurdles it takes to get it to the market, the Galaxy Note 2 will be out. So, maybe this petition would be useful for the Note 2, but not the Note for right now.
3. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Does anyone know if the Note has microSD functionality; I infer from the article that there is no microSD slot??
9. SGSII (Posts: 53; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Most android phones have an SD slot. Just assume it has one. BTW this phone has 32gb SD slot
6. Luuthian (Posts: 234; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Of ALL the phones out there to petition for... This seems so unimportant :/.
7. TKFox007 (Posts: 303; Member since: 02 Nov 2010)
Do people really want a phone with that big of a screen?
41. ZayZay (Posts: 571; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
I just got to play with one today... I want it NOW!! Fits in my back pocket (where I put all my phones) perfectly.
10. thnkthru3 (Posts: 73; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
I realize this was not the original question but how about the Galaxy Nexus for at&t. (subsidized that is:-)
11. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
there was a rumor about that but it will most likely come to tmobile before att
13. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I still think Verizon might get it, but maybe higher specs. Near 1080 screen, better body.
16. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I just went to have a look at the Note in person, and all I could think while holding it was. "Wow! This mother f*cker is HUGE!!!" For a bit, I wasn't sure I wanted it anymore. But after a few minutes it got a lot more comfortable. Now, I'm sure...I WANT IT ON VZW! Where's that petition?!?
21. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I was just kidding, I had already signed it. But thank you.
23. ickyob (Posts: 24; Member since: 19 Mar 2010)
Remember when people were still crying to get the iPhone on Verizon lol? Ah the good old days...
24. joey18 (Posts: 575; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
Stupid peOple the note is tablet not phone so the nexus are better phone
27. SleepingOz (unregistered)
You are stupid.
42. Danalvi1981 (Posts: 49; Member since: 02 Jun 2010)
Joey it is a phone!!! Don't be so ignorant.
25. Audelio13 (Posts: 15; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Totatlly worth the buy, if you have the chance of getting this device, please do so, I had a Captivate, loved it to bits, I was sad when my gym bag (containing my wallet and phone) was stolen. Had a replacment Inspire for a few months, and now that I have my hands (barley) on this decvice...wow! Big beautiful screen, just so much of everything you'd love and a bit more. I don't care for exclusivity, I'd want to see people enjoy this phone, it a joy to behold, I hope you guys get it!
26. SleepingOz (unregistered)
The Next Big Thing is here and we want it now!
28. roscuthiii (Posts: 1949; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I'd sign the petition if I hadn't just pulled the trigger on a pair of Razr Maxx's for me and the misses.
Still might, if it'll help some other VZW customers get the phone of their choice.
31. JGuinan007 (Posts: 659; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Won't happen til May AT&T got exclusive in US for a few months and if you want LTE it won't have Exynos most likely qualcomm S3 or TI but since S3 is cheaper thats probly what you'll get
32. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 426; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
verizon is way a head of all the useless other phone company.... best service.... best 4g.... best phones..... best custmer service...... samsung knows this....its just a matter of time before a note comes
33. Castro90 (Posts: 39; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
How about instead of making a nonsensical petition for a phone, a petition for Verizon to either lower charges or add more functionality to services. Wouldn't it be pointless to have a LTE phone when Verizon can't maintain a constant signal stream.
34. tommydaniel (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
There is one for Sprint too, but no blog seemed to pick it up like they picked the Verizon petition. rude. haha
36. JunitoNH (Posts: 1318; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Nah.......Verizon made the correct choice on this device. Lets petition for the Nokia Lumia 900.
37. kid.wonderbread (Posts: 38; Member since: 16 Dec 2009)
Isn't Verizon already rumored to get this phone? Called something else of course. The Galaxy Journal I believe.
40. stinkpinkerton (Posts: 3; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
What the people want an elite galaxy phone (that isn't a nexus hybrid) because Verizon TOTALLY FAILED by dropping the ball with the SGS2 in favor of the G-nex, which just doesnt cut it, even with ICS running on it. I may be be leaving sprint because they're cutting service in my area (Oklahoma) and the note's (or Journal's) arrival to Verizon will determine whether or not I sign with them.
44. Wildmanfan (Posts: 238; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
Does anyone here seriously believe that by coming up with some bulls**t petition, that some VZW exec will probably use for toilet paper, believe honestly that things will change? That the big wigs in VZW will listen? Yeah ok. So lets just say supposedly these 5000 signatures do get handed over and VZW complies and we get the phone. At $300 for the phone and lets say 10,000 people buy the phone, that is a profit of 3 million dollars. You know what the means to them? It means that will pay for the salary of the CEO for about 3 or 4 months, IF THAT.
Lets face facts here folks, the company is all about Droid this and Droid that. They don't care. If they did, we would have gotten the majority of the phones at MWC and not 3 upcoming unknown phones.