Verizon considering offering more Windows Phone models
0. phoneArena 19 Apr 2012, 14:36 posted on
Verizon CFO Fran Shammo is hinting that Big Red would like to give Windows Phone handsets a second chance; at the end of Thursday's earnings call, Shammo said that Verizon believes that a third platform next to Android and iOS would be beneficial...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
I hope a Lumia does show its face soon. The Trophy is the lone offering and although its a great device it would be nice to see other windows phones go on Verizon. The Lumia is a very nice device. but it would have to offer LTE in order to actually sell.
5. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Verizon probably would not pick it up without LTE capabilities.
6. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5691; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, they've already said that every new smartphone from now on will be LTE enabled but Verizon really does not have to settle for one of these. if Verizon tells Nokia they want a 900 then i think Nokia will jump through hoops to make one for them.
2. Castanedaa99 (Posts: 28; Member since: 07 Nov 2011)
I waited to long for Verizon to release a newer Windows Phone and wound up getting the Trophy. I love it, and am glad to hear they are considering adding more. Can't wait for WP8 to come out though for my next phone.
3. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Verizon should stop toying with the Windows Phone crowd and just do it.
Save us the lower range phones and give us the big cheese, Lumia 900. Price it with a worthy subsidized $99 like AT&T has and we're in business. We're already seeing most distributors not being to handle the Lumia 900 orders. What more do you need in convincing?
4. dha_george (Posts: 54; Member since: 27 Jan 2010)
i hope vzw customers have an oppurtunity to pick up a nokia lumia device soon. been using my lumia 900 on att and i love it. the more windows mobile love across all carriers the better!!!
7. downphoenix (Posts: 2979; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Give Windows Phone a second chance? I'd argue they never gave it a first chance, LOL.
8. atheisticemetic (Posts: 377; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
i'd say you speak the truth my friend...
9. atheisticemetic (Posts: 377; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
i'd like to have variety in my store. If a customer has a bad experience with Android they instantly go with Iphone.
i'd love to be able to get a person into an easy to use phone that isnt an absolute piece of crap (including BAD androids....yes they exist) by having a mix of phones.
excited for winphone, because even as an Android fan it will create honest competition for each company to strive to bring out the better!
10. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
Same here man. The Trophy is the lone offering. its hard to pitch Windows Phone when all we have is that one device. haha
11. cupcake (Posts: 106; Member since: 15 Apr 2010)
I dont know anything about technology Im just dumb. I shouldnt even have a profile on here.
17. atheisticemetic (Posts: 377; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
lol i got a good laugh out of it if this person is serious or not. worth it imo :)
14. DrioDRaTeR (Posts: 5; Member since: 17 Apr 2012)
I would love too no y anyone on the planet would shell out money for a windows phone.... lets see i cant do any voice recgonition, i cant get a decent gps, i cant get any apps, i can email and can use a browser....... its one step above blackberry 8 steps below android and iOS
15. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
Yes. it has voice recognition. Yes it has a good GPS. Yes it has app. So your argument? Void.
18. atheisticemetic (Posts: 377; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
i'll just say bing maps and let you swallow your pride
16. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
I don't know about verizon, but I want that damn Nokia Lumia 900 in Europe already!
Gimme Cyan one please!