Verizon claims it's not blocking Google Wallet but has security concerns
0. phoneArena posted on 06 Dec 2011, 13:10
We already knew that Google Wallet would not be making its way to the Galaxy Nexus, and yesterday the theory came out that this was because Verizon would be supporting ISIS, but now Verizon has spoken on the issue...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. downphoenix posted on 06 Dec 2011, 13:40 6 0
Anything that doesnt allow them to make more money off you is a security concern. As in their financial security. Even though they are the most profitable carrier in the US.
3. Synack posted on 06 Dec 2011, 13:48 4 1
Exactly, f**k Verizon. Either way, us hackers WILL find a way to get it on there.
17. oldarney posted on 07 Dec 2011, 01:23 0 0
It was a toddlers SQL injection... tell sony to stop asking for a good front door hacking.
12. remixfa posted on 06 Dec 2011, 15:28 1 0
cant fault them and give a pass to apple for the same thing. they are both the most profitable because they are riding on excellent advertising and user reviews.
4. mozes316 posted on 06 Dec 2011, 13:50 4 0
In Google we trust... I notice more ppl deal with VZW bull shxt for the few perks, like great coverage, but not too people respect and love Verizon. Google at least has earned the respect of the ppl who use it, for the most part anyways.
5. LewsTherin006 posted on 06 Dec 2011, 14:04 3 0
they are blocking it because they have a agreement with ISIS, thats why.
7. bossmt_2 posted on 06 Dec 2011, 14:06 0 1
Karate?! The Dane Cook of martial arts?! No. ISIS agents use Krav Maga
6. nak1017 posted on 06 Dec 2011, 14:05 1 1
I'd give vzw the benefit of the doubt on this, but the only way for them to really prove themselves right would be to un-block google wallet before ISIS launches. I'll bet that doesn't happen...
8. threeline posted on 06 Dec 2011, 14:10 3 0
So if Sprint is the only carrier that allowed Google wallet and they already have it running on the Nexus S why wouldn't Google launch the Galaxy Nexus with Sprint and not fuss and fight with the 'tards at VZW?
9. ojdidit84 posted on 06 Dec 2011, 14:28 1 0
Well after all of the hassle that's been going on with the Nexus release on Verizon, I have a feeling that there won't be any more exclusive launches for a Nexus device on Verizon again. T-mo handled the Nexus launches much better than Verizon has been doing lately.
10. superguy posted on 06 Dec 2011, 15:03 2 0
VZW: We couldn't lock the bootloader, so we're going to lock Google out of NFC instead.
11. Penny posted on 06 Dec 2011, 15:10 0 0
I bet VZW would allow it if it had VZW written on it and they got the profits...probably what they're trying to do anyway.
13. remixfa posted on 06 Dec 2011, 15:29 3 0
they want a cut of the action. they dont want anything to happen on their network that they are not getting paid for. that was true when i worked for them a few years back and im pretty sure that hasnt changed. lol
14. networkdood posted on 06 Dec 2011, 15:38 0 0
Bootloader is unlocked on this phone, right? XDA will unlock Google Waller for you all :-)
15. Vzw_employee posted on 06 Dec 2011, 16:22 0 0
I believe everyone here needs to come down , and not hate the phone because the minor set back, I am sure there are people working on how to unlock Google wallet as we speak, Verizon has always lock wifi tether in every single phone, and we have find a way around that, haven't we? I don't think this should be a deal breaker for the Galaxy Nexus.