Verizon approves the Android 4.2.2 update for the Galaxy Nexus
1. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11342; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I guess they missed the part about this being a Nexus device.
5. jcarrigan (unregistered)
I love Phonearena but sometimes it seems that droid-life realeases these articles sooner than Phonearena does.
12. tedkord (Posts: 10235; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I guess you missed the part about Android being the number one mobile OS in the world by a factor of three, and Samsung (the maker of the Galaxy Nexus) being the number one maker of smartphones by several million.
13. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11342; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
And that has what to do with the article?
2. Mightymack (Posts: 74; Member since: 16 Jul 2010)
This is great news for me! Ive been nervous about rooting because my friend turned his into a brick lol. I think i will once that 5.0 come out
15. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2700; Member since: 26 May 2011)
How in the world do you brick a Nexus device? More than that, how do you brick a Samsung? Download Mode and Odin have never let me down.
3. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
wow Verizon approves?... so much for the pure Google experience
4. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 474; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Patients people how many phone running 4.2.2 now....the new HTC one is behind before it comes out 4.2.1.....Verizon clears bugs...the right way
6. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...how many phone running 4.2.2 now..."
Less than 1.6% :)
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The bugs found in 4.2.1 were solved with the 4.2.2 update a long time ago... This is why Verizon sucks with updates.
10. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
No they don't.
I bought a Nexus 4 unlocked 4 months ago. I've been on 4.2 from the get-go. It shouldn't take this long for a Nexus device to get an update. The Galaxy Nexus everywhere else has this update a long, long time ago. Nexus owners have had bug fixes for months.
14. suneeboy (Posts: 201; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
I doubt you haven't received the 4.2.2 update. Stop BS'ing, Google pushed out updates weeks ago for Nexus 4 owners.
9. Mass88 (Posts: 56; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
Oh good, now my phone will be running the same version of Android my Nexus 7 has been running for 4 months now.......
11. Troysyx (Posts: 175; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Too little too late Verizon. i've already left you and am on greener pastures.
16. ronjr123 (Posts: 73; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Maybe my daughters nexus will get this update. She has had since august and hasn't gotten one update yet. Both Verizon and Samsung are no help.
19. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
not much Samsung can do... it's all Verizon & their rigorous testing
17. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
Oh no, I'm going to sit here and complain that my Verizon Nexus is just getting 4.2.2... Oh wait. No I'm not. I realized a while ago that I have a NEXUS! The easiest phone to unlock the boot loader, root, and flash a custom ROM on. So I've actually had 4.2 since a couple days after it was released. Truth is, if you own a nexus and care about having the newest OS enough to complain on here about it you should take that 5 minutes you spent doing it instead on flashing 4 2. Cause that is all it takes is 5 minutes
20. ChrisG (Posts: 38; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
Exactly! I've been running CyanogenMod 10 (originally) and 10.1 (now) since I got my Galaxy Nexus. No waiting for Verizon to get their act together, plus more control over, access to, and customization options for my phone! The Galaxy Nexus Toolkit (available over on XDA Developers) makes the process unbelievably easy.