Verizon approves the Android 4.2.2 update for the Galaxy Nexus
1. Mxyzptlk posted on 19 Mar 2013, 16:53 18 3
I guess they missed the part about this being a Nexus device.
5. jcarrigan posted on 19 Mar 2013, 17:04 3 1
I love Phonearena but sometimes it seems that droid-life realeases these articles sooner than Phonearena does.
12. tedkord posted on 19 Mar 2013, 17:43 1 8
I guess you missed the part about Android being the number one mobile OS in the world by a factor of three, and Samsung (the maker of the Galaxy Nexus) being the number one maker of smartphones by several million.
2. Mightymack posted on 19 Mar 2013, 16:58 3 0
This is great news for me! Ive been nervous about rooting because my friend turned his into a brick lol. I think i will once that 5.0 come out
15. MichaelHeller posted on 19 Mar 2013, 23:23 0 0
How in the world do you brick a Nexus device? More than that, how do you brick a Samsung? Download Mode and Odin have never let me down.
3. gallitoking posted on 19 Mar 2013, 16:59 13 2
wow Verizon approves?... so much for the pure Google experience
4. Mr.Mr.Upgrade posted on 19 Mar 2013, 17:02 1 2
Patients people how many phone running 4.2.2 now....the new HTC one is behind before it comes out 4.2.1.....Verizon clears bugs...the right way
6. PhoneArenaUser posted on 19 Mar 2013, 17:08 3 0
"...how many phone running 4.2.2 now..."
Less than 1.6% :)
7. PapaSmurf posted on 19 Mar 2013, 17:11 4 0
The bugs found in 4.2.1 were solved with the 4.2.2 update a long time ago... This is why Verizon sucks with updates.
10. Zero0 posted on 19 Mar 2013, 17:19 4 0
No they don't.
I bought a Nexus 4 unlocked 4 months ago. I've been on 4.2 from the get-go. It shouldn't take this long for a Nexus device to get an update. The Galaxy Nexus everywhere else has this update a long, long time ago. Nexus owners have had bug fixes for months.
14. suneeboy posted on 19 Mar 2013, 21:10 1 0
I doubt you haven't received the 4.2.2 update. Stop BS'ing, Google pushed out updates weeks ago for Nexus 4 owners.
9. Mass88 posted on 19 Mar 2013, 17:18 6 0
Oh good, now my phone will be running the same version of Android my Nexus 7 has been running for 4 months now.......
11. Troysyx posted on 19 Mar 2013, 17:22 8 0
Too little too late Verizon. i've already left you and am on greener pastures.
16. ronjr123 posted on 20 Mar 2013, 06:03 0 0
Maybe my daughters nexus will get this update. She has had since august and hasn't gotten one update yet. Both Verizon and Samsung are no help.
19. laheelahee posted on 20 Mar 2013, 16:29 0 0
not much Samsung can do... it's all Verizon & their rigorous testing
17. N.Reynolds posted on 20 Mar 2013, 08:28 2 0
Oh no, I'm going to sit here and complain that my Verizon Nexus is just getting 4.2.2... Oh wait. No I'm not. I realized a while ago that I have a NEXUS! The easiest phone to unlock the boot loader, root, and flash a custom ROM on. So I've actually had 4.2 since a couple days after it was released. Truth is, if you own a nexus and care about having the newest OS enough to complain on here about it you should take that 5 minutes you spent doing it instead on flashing 4 2. Cause that is all it takes is 5 minutes
20. ChrisG posted on 22 Mar 2013, 14:11 0 0
Exactly! I've been running CyanogenMod 10 (originally) and 10.1 (now) since I got my Galaxy Nexus. No waiting for Verizon to get their act together, plus more control over, access to, and customization options for my phone! The Galaxy Nexus Toolkit (available over on XDA Developers) makes the process unbelievably easy.