Verizon announced Palm Centro for tomorrow
Verizon’s Centro is identical to Sprint’s one, and the only changes are software personalization and different housing color. Centro has been a huge success for Palm, with more than 1 million units sold worldwide.
Palm Centro Specifications | Review (Sprint)
source: Verizon Wireless
1. (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:42 0 0
its about time..
2. IMASO (unregistered) posted on 12 Jun 2008, 09:01 0 0
Well It's another dissapointment to other cariers.... Verizon will lead sonn as the #1 wireless company... I currently have at&t which soon will be the #2 wireless carrier after verizon's lead.... I hope at&t can catch up to verizon... if verizon did'nt take over attel at&t will still be on top...
3. (unregistered) posted on 12 Jun 2008, 09:07 0 0
and this has nothing about the Centro! Who cares who is bigger and who is smaller? It has the same coverage in my area and its the service, phones and price that matters.
10. (unregistered) posted on 12 Jun 2008, 19:48 0 0
Keep in mind that the only reason AT&T is only the largest because of the AT&T and Cingular Merger in 2005. Otherwise they would still be the ho of the industry (Sprint currently holds that title).
4. rem87062597 (unregistered) posted on 12 Jun 2008, 10:30 0 0
Any word on if you have to get a data plan to qualify for the $99 price tag?
5. (unregistered) posted on 12 Jun 2008, 12:05 0 0
According to the Verizon source link above, the data plan is another $30/month: "Customers may want to pair their Centro voice plan with Verizon Wireless’ E-mail and Web for Smartphone service for $29.99. This is an unlimited monthly data plan for Web browsing and e-mail support and includes personal e-mail accounts."
6. :| (unregistered) posted on 12 Jun 2008, 13:26 0 0
Does anybody else think this is one of the worst qwerty keyboards out too?
7. dabax2324 posted on 12 Jun 2008, 16:51 0 0
the blackberry pearl is the worst qwerty keyboard out there
8. (unregistered) posted on 12 Jun 2008, 17:30 0 0
Pearl does not have a qwerty but it does suck .. Gylde is the worse qwerty . No numbers , you have to hit shift for the numbers and then shift again for letters.
9. (unregistered) posted on 12 Jun 2008, 19:10 0 0
When will they release other colors? I love the black, white, and red I've seen on other carriers. I think the blue is ugly as shit...
11. (unregistered) posted on 14 Jun 2008, 02:13 0 0
Yeah i hope they get other colors bcuz the blue is so ugly and girly... but if i was a girl, i still wouldn't get it bcuz its still ugly
12. (unregistered) posted on 14 Jun 2008, 12:55 0 0
what's wrong ? The blue doesn't match your purse ?
14. (unregistered) posted on 19 Jun 2008, 23:27 0 0
yeah, man, ugly as shit... how about bright orange or something....
15. (unregistered) posted on 19 Jun 2008, 23:29 0 0
Bright orange would kick ass
13. walkre2 (unregistered) posted on 15 Jun 2008, 14:31 0 0
Hey IMASO...Verizon was ahead of AT&T before they merged back with Cingular. Verizon closed the subscriber gap from 10million at that point to less than 3 million now in less than 2 years. It was only a matter of time before Verizon passed AT&T...we didnt need Alltel to do it, it just helps a little!