Verizon and Sprint versions of Samsung Galaxy S III visit the FCC
0. phoneArena 02 Jun 2012, 23:33 posted on
The only one of the top four major U.S. carriers not to get the Samsung Galaxy S II last year was Verizon, but that is not happening this year as Big Red's version of the Samsung Galaxy S III has just visited the FCC along with the variant heading to Sprint...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. joey18 (Posts: 587; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
This comment was on gsm arena so i hope to come to verizon i will upgrade
2. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well at least it won't be Binged which was a real turn off with Verizon's previous Galaxy S device aside from the Continuum and the Stratosphere.
22. roscuthiii (Posts: 1957; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Collective sigh of relief. Is Verizon still Bing'n up any phones? Haven't heard anything about it in a while. I'd actually forgotten completely til now.
30. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i don't think they are, it just always seems to come to my mind when i think of Verizon Galaxy S.
3. gs3WillgetSCREWED (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
So the GS3 has:
- the same old screen found on the gNEX
- the same old camera sensor found in the iphone
- its still a9 cores which will be replaced by the SOON a15 OMAP
- the same old gpu found in the gs2 the mali 400 just clocked up
seems like a lot of rehash and recycled bits from leftovers of last years giants
Oh I forgot I won't even compare with the US version of that embarassing S4 crap which has a GPU thats only a little faster than the gs2 mali 400 BWAHAHAHA really LOL!!
6. baldilocks (Posts: 647; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
- It still pentile, but slightly different in design and larger than the gNEX
- It's the camera sensor found in the iPhone 4S, which is one of the best.
- It's not going to be eclipsed by anything anytime soon, performance wise
I think you just feel the need to complain. You'll probably never be happy with any device.
23. medicci37 (Posts: 1164; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I am still suprised that most people are satisfied with the specs. All the specs on the US version are available on other phones. & with the screen being bigger than the nexus, it will have a lower ppi & pentile will be more noticeable. &The iphone4S has been out since last fall. The new iphone will have a better camera that will most likely eclipse the sglll. The S4 processor is in several other phones. & Many upcoming phones will be sporting more powerful processors. The same goes for the 1 gig of ram, that will have 2 power S voice, and eye tracking software. But I think the international version is the best smartphone out right now. However, if people were not so easily satisfied, oems would be forced 2 offer better specs. Like for instance, the Japanese & Canadian versions getting 2gigs of ram, while the US version only gets 1. Thats BS.
24. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
its not just about specs but how all the specs work together along with the os...if you read many s3 vs reviews the s3 is always smoother and faster even with phones with same or similar spec...example the one x has quad etc and is great phone but still has slight lags here and there...watch pocketnow review and you will see it...as samsung make most of the components in house they can taylor the hardware along with the os which gives them an advantage when it comes to performance...
28. medicci37 (Posts: 1164; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
@ taz89 I agree. But think they should have at least given the US version more ram. Like the Japanese & Canadian versions.
33. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
i think the us variants are getting 2gb ram as usually the us variants follow the specs of the canadian variant..guess we should find out this month if the rumours are true of june 20th t-mo announcement
7. darkskoliro (Posts: 1062; Member since: 07 May 2012)
the s4 is using the a15 processors, which you just spoke up to...dont contradict yourself if you are making an argument
8. gs3WillgetSCREWED (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
WOW what an idiot!!!! the S4 is not a15
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
and they're not A9s either. Krait is not an actual ARM architecture but a licensed A15 "equivalent"
12. hung2900 (Posts: 900; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Who can belive in Qualcomm? In 2010, Qc realeased dual-core S3 SoCs and used "1.2 Ghz clock rate and dual-core" gimmick to lead pepple think that their crap is the best.
Now Qc uses smth similar "Cortex A15 simirlarly" or "Cortex A15 equivalent", but except Linpack benchmark, I cannot see any huge leap in performance compared to Cortex A9.
16. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
"A15 equivilant" is a marketing gimmick. They are "on par" with a die shrunk A9 quad core. Put in perspective, that means they are slightly stronger than a 32nm A9 dual core. So they are right in the middle somewhere. It can dance with the T3 quad, but it can not dance with the Exynos quad which is the current king of the hill by a good margin.
I am really itching to see just how the tmobile variant stacks up against the international variant. Thats going to seal the deal for me if I get one or not. Not excited by the S4 at all, but if it can run on par with the international version with the memory tweaks i think they are going to make, then ill hold my nose n buy it.
27. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
dude stop ypur fanboy. you dont even own any S4 device. You knoe thr phone with the highest i/o is the note with the 4410, so muxh of the 4410 is fluff as you say.
13. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Sounds like your an apple fan boy where nothing but incremental updates reign supreme..
14. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I completely agree with you; with that hardware I'd rather have a Galaxy Note on Verizon. But, undoubtedly, the GSIII should outsell any other model this year including the tiniest of smartphones that sport a 3.5" screen. And, unlike, Verizon's last Galaxy release, this will support upto a 64GB removable memory card.
So, congrats to all; unless you're stuck with a 3.5" screen.
17. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the galaxy note on verizon is going to be using the craptastic S3 crapdragon. Why in the world would u want that over the S4. The S4 still has around a 40-50% power increase from the S3.
26. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Because I'm a big ole' "Size-K ing" and I need all 5.3 inches. At this point, I'm buying out-of-pocket so: the bigger, the better cuz' size does matter. As long as it's big and fast (and, not a "reversed 5.3").
31. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
just get a Tablet like the Galaxy Tab 7 (2.0) for $200 or something and get an actual good phone like the Droid Razr MAXX or the SIII when it comes out on Verizon. you get more value for your buck like that.
5. greenrolaids (Posts: 53; Member since: 04 Feb 2012)
Just remember.. This summer, if you have Unlimited Data on Verizon and you get a subsidized phone from Verizon.. then you LOSE YOUR UNLIMITED DATA.
I Said f**k that and just got a Razr Maxx to keep my unlimited data.. Unlimited data to us data hungry is worth way more than saving 300 on a phone that would charge me an extra 480 in two years.
Knowledge is power.
10. Mark.J.Linskiy (unregistered)
Instead of arguing which processor it will have, discuss things that were confirmed, for nothing about specs for each carrier have been made official. Just wait until it has been released for your carrier to pass judgement. It's just a bit silly to argue and judge something that hasn't even been announced yet, for the US in detail that is, rather than sharing thoughts about the information that has been provided in the article.
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10096; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You must be new here.
But you're right.
18. _PHug_ (Posts: 432; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Arguing about our opinions that have little to no basis in fact is what makes the internet fun.
29. Mark.J.Linskiy (unregistered)
I'm not knew here, and I know it always goes on, but I mean at some point it gets kind of old and pointless. It's fun reading how people argue, but not when it's everywhere and the same exact thing lol.
11. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3095; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Doesn't matter what anybody says. The SGS3 will be the best smartphone out there.
19. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Im excited to see the EVO LTE and sgs111 duke it out on sprint, talk about a high profile heavy weight bout.
20. theBankRobber (Posts: 674; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Nothing posted said ANYTHING about Sprint. Also AT&T has LTE so why would it only come with 3G ? This doesn't sound right.
21. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Did you miss the bold type that said that each major carrier is getting it? It's right in the article, I promise.
25. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I hope APPEL/ITC doesn't ban GS III when it launches. Also like Samsung to launch SGIII phones all at the same time on every carrier. It would suck if they do it one by one like they did with THE GALAXY NEXUS. And the hell with Apple if they try to ban the GS III prior to launch
32. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
this will be good for my store. ill sell this like hotcakes.