Verizon adds more cities to their mid-december LTE rollout
0. phoneArena 22 Nov 2011, 09:51 posted on
Verizon was expected to add only a couple cities to their 4G LTE coverage map on December 15, but a new announcement has multiple cities pegged for a launch on the same date extending Verizon’s LTE lead…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I wonder how many 4G LTE lines Verizon adds from that 1c deal on AMAZON.com?
12. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
Smh... Verizon isn\'t the one taking the hit on the 1c its amazon.
13. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Was not my point - reading is comprehension...
It was a simple statement - Verizon wants those customers and Amazon wants to earn the commission - good deal for new customer/lines.
17. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
My apologies, I'm used to all the smart ass comments on here.
15. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
of course, I omitted 'are' from the first statement ....ARGGGGGGGGG!!!
3. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 474; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Verizon all day that's why u wait for Verizon, the nexus is worth the wait and any other phone Verizon delays , get the 4g LTE running on all cylinders
7. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
The only reason I can see you choosing ATT over VZW is for the talk and data capabilities which I envy :(
8. Numz (Posts: 34; Member since: 31 Oct 2009)
All of Verizon's 4g phones have talk and data and many of their newer 3g phones do as well. I remember showing a Verizon rep that the HTC Thunderbolt had the capability when only running on 3g and he was amazed. So don't be too envious. http://thedroidguy.com/2011/01
11. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
Veriizon\'s 3G phones can\'t because it is CDMA. Only their 4G phones can because the data is being transferred via LTE and the voice is over CDMA. Which is why Sprint also can\'t do talk and data and the same time.
18. omarc26 (Posts: 360; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
@ N reynolds the htc thunderbolt can do voice and data over cdma 3G . Look it up if u don't believe me and numz. I don't know what it has but it can look it up on youtube there's a few videos of people that are not in a verizon LTE area and can make a call and put it on speaker and go on the internet with 3G signal no wifi on there htc thubderbolts. I tried it on my friends thunderbolt cuz I didn't believe it I tought those people on youtube faked it somehow but I was impressed we were on a verizon 3G area and his thunderbolt had 2 bars of 3G and I called my girlfriend put it on speaker and went on the browser and loaded up facebook, yahoo mail and even downloaded an app all while making a call with a 3G evdo rev A signal on the thunderbolt NO WIFI. I was shocked cuz I tought verizon didn't allow this.
20. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
I have the Thunderbolt, I've tried it. Works perfect when I have 4G but won't work over 3G. I'm actually posting from it now and just tried again a minute ago.
21. Owlet (Posts: 450; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
I have TB and live in 3G area. I can do voice and data simultaneously, no wi-fi.
22. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
Yeah, I got curious why mine couldn\'t and others could so I did a factory reset and now it works. I wonder how it works.
27. DigitalBoy05 (Posts: 216; Member since: 04 Jun 2011)
as a thunderbolt owner and a verizon sales rep i can absolutely confirm that the htc thunderbolt is capable of doing talk and data at the same time over 3G and 4G. I believe its because of a second cdma chip but dont quote me on that.
10. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
Don't be too envious of At&t's 4G rollout in only 5 markets...i'm on PA.com while on a conference call w/my Rezound.
14. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
lol...cool...looking forward to doing some of that on my RAZR.
23. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Thats crazy! I had my friend try the other day when I called him. He had the bionic but was on 3g and it didnt work??!
How is it that it works for you guys but didnt for him? Maybe its something about the Bionic?
You would think VZW would do an add about that capability being available right?
I will need to try this again.
25. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
i'm not too sure how that guy is doing talk/web over 3G either. mine experience was over LTE coverage but i'm in a LTE saturated area so i don't default to 3G at this point. but i must say...i am a new comer to my 4G device (as of yesterday) and it is awesome! connected my PS3 to my 4G hotspot running MW3 just to see if all the hype was real & i gotta say i am very impressed. runs smoother than my comcast service over wifi which runs at 12mbps
6. cappy718 (Posts: 26; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
That was a pleasant surprise that I got when I walked into my VZW store today to go look at the razr and resound after buying my bionic. Dover, DE 4g tower is already up and running. One of the first times I was happy upon leaving that store...lol!
9. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I'm really impressed by VZW's LTE roll out.
26. mad5870 (Posts: 60; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I am too. they are staying committed. And are rolling it out very quickly.
and hopefully the iPhone gets a 4g version soon. that would only help verizon out even more. They will have the biggest lte network with a nice selection of 4g android phones plus, if the iphone 4g comes out they will have that to their advantage as well.
16. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
No reason to look down on LTE 4G with AT&T - where it is at - 4G LTE phones are very speedy and you can fall back on HSPA+ which is easily faster than Verizon 3G....as any iphone users...
28. ap1989 (Posts: 145; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
No you'll fall back on EDGE because At&t has very little 3g and HSPA+ coverage. And Barely any LTE coverage