Verizon adds 500MB Share Everything tier
0. phoneArena 02 Aug 2013, 00:57 posted on
With the Motorola Moto X introduction hogging the news on Thursday, Verizon slipped in some word about a new tier for its Share Everything plan; the new tier gives users 500MB of data each month for $40. That undercuts the previous low end of $50 monthly for 1GB of data. The plans give users unlimited talk and text and then the amount of data that the customer contracts for...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MobileLyfe (Posts: 8; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
But in order to get that great low rate on T-mobile you have to buy a phone outright or pay more monthly to have a phone on their network. Still works out to $10 less than Verizon (for a top tier phone). Personally would pay the extra $10 for VZWs network coverage and internet speed ( on the rare occasion i'm not on wifi)
4. btbotimtim (Posts: 134; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
sounds like you are not paying anything when you buy a top tier phone from verizon. Californians pay 200 + tax on retail =250 for iphone 5 from verizon.
9. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1929; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Yes, but if you look at the total prices indicated on the chart, that fact is taken into account. T-Mobile is cheaper.
2. chack_fu (Posts: 46; Member since: 19 Jan 2009)
Sorry phone arena, there has always been a $40 plan. 300mb of data and only 1 smartphone allowed on it and no data devices. My guess is they just up'd the data allowance on a plan that already existed!
3. Twashbush (Posts: 47; Member since: 08 Jun 2011)
When they wise up and bring unlimited data to the share everything plan at a price within $20 of my currrent bill. I would let go of my grandfathered unlimited plan with 5 lines, but my account uses an avg. of 40-80gb of data a month so unlimited is a must.
6. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I can't fathom being restricted to Minibytes, I have one line with unlimited data and I hit 93.47 Gigabytes (95,713.280 Minibytes) in my previous billing cycle. Oh the poor dears who are restricted and limited, my heart bleeds for them!!
5. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
What does one do with Megabytes, seems so archaic?
7. kanagadeepan (Posts: 590; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
OMG... How the whole family is going to finish that never ending 500MB 4G LTE FREE data within a month??? /s
FYKI two years back, I used almost 650MB data every month using EDGE and GPRS...
8. N.Reynolds (Posts: 254; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
They have always had this plan, it wasn't advertised but I've been able to put customers on it since about a month after they launched their share everything plans.
10. roscuthiii (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
After being unlimited I just can't go back. If you're sharing 500MB with others on your plan and not hitting your cap, I'm not even sure you really need a smartphone. :-/
11. JunitoNH (Posts: 756; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Thank You, Verizon, for being so generous!!!
12. suneeboy (Posts: 149; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
Can't see how people are still willing to pay more than $50-$70 a month for cell phone service and sign a 2 year contract.