Verizon adds 1.1 million net new subscribers, brings total to 87.7 million served
1. j.naueattrep posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:43 0 0
doesn't seem to hard for verizon being that they took over qwest wireless with their own and also buying altel. i guess you can buy the number 1 spot.
2. sinfulta posted on 25 Jul 2009, 12:32 0 0
Those happened in Q1, not in Q2. Unless your referring to the same thing ATT did when it Cingular and ATT merged April 26, 2005. I guess it was OK for them to buy there way to the #1 carrier at the time. I guess it was ok when they bought 1.7 million subscribers from Dobson cellular on November 15th, 2007. But it's not ok for Verizon to buy less than 14 Million total? I guess ATT's (formerly cingulars" 46million subscriber deal) is far inferior and is unfair.
3. bubbasixx posted on 25 Jul 2009, 12:38 0 0
same old sorry argument. what about at&t... maybe cellular one... ummm cingular...... uhhh the new cingular.... oh ya At&t Mobility? mergers are mergers and somewhere, someone ends up on top. save us all the typing and give up this tired argument
4. alma-cafe22 posted on 25 Jul 2009, 12:43 0 0
wow jason that was such a lame comment! even you who certainly knows much about the cellphone industry should have known you were gonna get that comeback! lol
11. j.naueattrep posted on 25 Jul 2009, 19:16 0 0
Thanks Angel. Now go back to your store or audit 57 slacker.
5. AZNphoneGeek posted on 25 Jul 2009, 12:53 0 0
you gotta give Verizon props... they're a f*ckin machine. despite wether you like vz or not, they are an awesome business model and a solid company. no i don't work for them.
8. Arielnyc2006 posted on 25 Jul 2009, 13:42 0 0
And VZW's customer service has gotten much better
6. artz1986 posted on 25 Jul 2009, 13:14 0 0
Quite frankly, I figure the less kids taking up space on my carrier's network, the better experience I'll have, so I think ATT should drop about 10 million or so subscribers, I'll totally be cool with that. Oh, and how about those 10 million subscribers be strictly iPhone kids.....smiles all around =].....
7. Arielnyc2006 posted on 25 Jul 2009, 13:42 0 0
I wish that would happen, they are seriously jamming up the network.
9. The Doc posted on 25 Jul 2009, 14:20 0 0
If 10 million people are jamming up your network, you're on the wrong network! Mifi w/LTE FTW!!!
10. WKlingbeil posted on 25 Jul 2009, 17:34 0 0
Fortunately, the majority of VZW's users are not kids (because we fortunately don't have the iPhone, hopefully we never will), and that could account for a portion of the added reliability of the network. However, that could also be weighed down by all business users as well.
12. j.naueattrep posted on 25 Jul 2009, 19:19 0 0
Actually, over 80% of the Iphone users are over 21. And they don't jam up the network. Also, VZW LTE is FTL.
13. vzw fanman posted on 26 Jul 2009, 10:33 0 0
where are you getting that info from? vzw ftw.
15. Big Red posted on 26 Jul 2009, 15:48 0 0
80% of all iPhone users are over 21 because you have to be 18 to have an account. Narrows the odds a little don't you think?
16. tuminatr posted on 26 Jul 2009, 17:05 0 0
well most are on a family plan 2 adults and 3 kids you don need to be a adult to own a phone just to sign up on service
18. behold--me posted on 28 Jul 2009, 23:14 0 0
the iphone doesnt slow down atts network...its the network itself that is just not very well built. hence the slowest of the four largest us carriers. and att thinks says it is the fastest. a bit hypocritical isnt it????
19. behold--me posted on 28 Jul 2009, 23:15 0 0
oh crap. u gonna get so many comebacks from the vz fanboyz in this site.
17. Jyakotu posted on 26 Jul 2009, 21:38 0 0
Honestly, I don't have a problem with Verizon, I just prefer GSM. I have no problem with AT&T actually. I'm a happy customer.