- Sioux City, IA
- South Bend, Mishawaka, Granger, Elkhart, and Goshen, IN
- Bloomington, Bedford, Evansville, and Terre Haute, IN
- Green Bay, WI
- Buffalo/Niagra, NY
- Birmingham, AL
- Albuquerque, NM
- Sante Fe, NM
- Fort Myers, FL
Verizon adding 21 new LTE markets on October 21st
1. Goldeneye (Posts: 418; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
VZ is really serious about LTE deployment they're not f.....g around, even though they're expensive they justify it whenever they have a chance kudos VZ this time you deserve the credit to be "the network" even when sometimes you nickel and dime us
3. chris da computa guy (unregistered)
Totally Agree!!! I look at how rapidly they are deploying the 4G setup and it really does seem that those who are on Verizon do get there money's worth.
The definitely are not F%%ING around! Good post
6. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Verizon is the best. If money isn't a factor verizon is a clear choice.
2. snowgator (Posts: 3516; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Impressive. Big Red may be ready to roll out the next speed of LTE before AT&T gets close to catching up and Sprint even gets started on theirs.
4. Krishaun27 (unregistered)
I'm jumpin ship to VZ as soon as they get the HTC Vigor, soo long T-mobile...
7. tuminatr (Posts: 742; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
that phone looks sweet, allthowe i think they are just going to call it the thunderbolt 2
9. vantenkiest (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
or the Incredible HD is the other possible name.
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"While AT&T is trying to make a big stink over having just launched its first 5 LTE markets covering about 70 million customers"
If AT&T had taken the $39 Billion they were ready to pay for T-Mobile and instead put it into LTE, they wouldn't be playing catch-up to VZW.
8. vantenkiest (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
yes they would.. the 39 billion would barely put them on the same par as Verizon in terms of work force deployment and trouble shooting as well as the tech to throw out there. Theres evidence of verizon prepping for the 4g deployment for the past year and a half at least..
btw does anyone know if you can use voice and data at the same time on verizon while using 4g?
12. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
Yes you can, I've done it with my Thunderbolt just to see if it worked. I never find myself actually doing it in a normal situation.
14. Charge user (unregistered)
Totally able to use 4g and voice at the same time!
16. Yeeee (Posts: 190; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
If you have lte or wifi you can do voice and data at same time.
27. vantenkiest (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
I knew about wifi. but thanks everyone for your answers :D
23. DoctorD0S (Posts: 15; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
With the Thunderbolt you can even do voice and 3G. I was curious to see that (Verizon doesn't advertise it, because it wasn't up to their "rigirous standards") but it is in the 3G CDMA spec if you route voice over 3G instead of 1X. Tis a shame Verizon took so much flack for so long about that when it is more an implementation thing than anything else.
25. ChrisTheTechGuy (Posts: 85; Member since: 04 Nov 2010)
I also believe there was a report a while back that the ATT CEO is the highest paid wireless CEO. Maybe if he took a little bit of some pay cut he could invest a bit more into the network....or better pay/benefits for some employees....
10. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 472; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Verizon all day , 4glte is the fastest, I told u lames, king of cellphones, now everyone trying to get lte, o hspa, wimax, are not 4g, one of the main reasons people get into technology, is to stay up to date, how are u up to date when u on 3g,sprint , t-mobile,at&t, and etc take not, the blind can't lead the light, work on Ur services first then bring out Ur phones last, that's like getting a car with no road to drive on, get Ur money up, suckers,check the stock market, we got this on lock, swallowed the key a long time ago,
11. Huh? (unregistered)
Can someone translate what this guy just said?
19. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 472; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Simply put Verizon is the best , if u don't understand that mom's boy upgrade your language skills
13. Forsaken77 (Posts: 552; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
Dude... you sound like an ass. "The blind can't lead the light?" WTF is that??!!! lol
20. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 472; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Meaning Verizon leads the way with cellphones, drop out
15. drodriguezsd (Posts: 35; Member since: 10 Jun 2010)
Verizon's covering 160 million customers with 164 markets. AT&T is covering 70 million customers having launched a mere 5 markets. Lol, I don't know what all you Verizon people are boasting about. AT&T probably won't gain the same number of markets, but it'll definitely be covering WAY more customers. AT&T has provided me with excellent service just as Verizon did when I had them 2 years ago. I don't understand why people are constantly talking crap about the other carrier. :)
18. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Yea well those are probably 5 very major markets. Im guessing la Chicago nyc dallas miami. While verizon has smaller markets as well. At&t will add less people per market once they add more markets.
24. DoctorD0S (Posts: 15; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Just as biophone said. Verizon early on covered many millions with a few markets. It isn't about how many people you cover, but how much you cover to me. When I travel for work, I want 4G where I go. AT&T can go cover all of Asia but it does me no good because I am not there. It isn't talking crap, its pointing out AT&T is behind Verizon with LTE. That isn't crap, that is just fact.
26. ChrisTheTechGuy (Posts: 85; Member since: 04 Nov 2010)
70 million customers with 5 markets....thats most of their customer base with 5 markets, highly doubtful
17. WM6.5Sucks (Posts: 42; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
OMG!!!! OMG!!!! ITS COMMING TO BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOTALLY UNEXPECTED!!!!!!!!!!!
21. snowgator (Posts: 3516; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Sooooo .... am I right to take a wild shot and guess you are currently a resident of Buffalo??? :-D LTE and the Bills are playing good football. You have the right to be excited!!
22. 87168 (unregistered)
Finally coming to Buffalo!!!!
Terry Pegula, Ryan Fitzpatrick and LTE....what a great ending to 2011 ahaha
Oh by the way PA, it's Niagara...not "Niagra"
28. emily (unregistered)
finally some buffalove!!