Verizon Tweets image and sign-up page for their Samsung Galaxy S5
Unless you were living under a rock for most of the day, the big news out of the Mobile World Congress was the unveiling of the new Samsung Galaxy S5.
Soon after it was showcased, several US carriers, including AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and MetroPCS announced they would be offering the device starting in April (most likely on the 11th). But there was no word from Verizon.
But a while later, Verizon took to Twitter not to be left out, and said that they would also be offering the Samsung Galaxy S5 on "the largest and most reliable 4G LTE network." Furthermore, they have a picture posted of the Galaxy S5 showing it in the black and white colors with the Verizon logo on the back. Hopefully they will also carry it in the blue and gold color as well.
Lastly, Verizon has a sign-up page, where you can enter in your E-Mail address and they will notify you once the Galaxy S5 is available.
It will be interesting to see if all the mentioned US carriers will release the Samsung Galaxy S5 on the same date, and if their prices will be similar.
Which US carrier would you be most interested in buying a Samsung Galaxy S5 from?
source: Twitter and Verizon Wireless
1. Bootutu (Posts: 184; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Looks good to me, moan about it now, get a hands on in-store, realise its completely different from what you see on the web, and boom! instant buy, that's how Galaxies roll...
2. ausnote2 (Posts: 72; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
very true, it is a non compromise phone and so many comment about ugly. BUY A CASE IE SPIGEN.
Anyway can't wait what the Note 4 will be like.
4. johnehms09 (Posts: 48; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
Nah, you buy a toy to enjoy not by hiding it because its ugly..
19. Just.Saying (Posts: 132; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
the faux leather back reminds me of the seats in the older bmw's. remember the leather seats with those tiny hole pattern in them.
6. LiyanaBG (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
are you a samsung Employee your marketing words don't work here. everyone said its ugly even editors live in barcelona said its ugly and they not impressed by it in anyway.
8. Bootutu (Posts: 184; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
They said the same about S4, still it outsold every other phone by a wide margin, and the S5 will follow similar trend, 90% of people out there don't care if you think its ugly, they want a Samsung or iPhone at the cashiers desk, period!
10. LiyanaBG (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
yes but people are very tired of samsung. hit me one shame on you and hit me twice shame on me
13. maherk (Posts: 786; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Learn the saying before you act smart and say, at least google it. Now, shame on you lol
12. maherk (Posts: 786; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Funny that the majority of phone news based sites gave props to Samsung's new design language presented in the S5. From phonearena, to Gsmarena, phonedog, technobuffalo, android aurhority and the list goes on and on. You don't like it, you think it hurts your precious eyes? Simply, don't press the damn button and waste your time commenting.
23. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2105; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
So apparently you have to be a Samsung employee now to like Samsung products. God forbid someone disagrees with your opinion. Geezus. The number of idiots on this site increased 10x this week.
9. Tizen007 (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
The success of that "premium" phone depends on the price. TBH not a fan of the GS5 but I don't think the design is bad at all: It's just Samsung. I wonder why they took out so many potential internal improvements though... I hope they are not changing their business strategies because in that case they will need new designers for sure :P
18. sniperdroid (Posts: 110; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Cool phone but I'm leaving the S series for the Note series, so Note 4 here I come. I have an S4 BTW.
3. joey_sfb (Posts: 2577; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
There is a Samsung store every kilometers range, sometime two or three stores.
Very convenient for me to buy and get support.
5. zachattack (Posts: 534; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
watch no one sign up because they want the z2 on big red instead, stop being stupid Verizon
11. LiyanaBG (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
when you see the note 4 you will say the same please i need note 5 because the note 4 will be a big disappointment stick with your note 3 better
14. jan25 (Posts: 383; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
Just when i thought the S5 couldn't get uglier.
15. FoneAddict (Posts: 191; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
No thanks, definitely wins the Ugly competition. Who the hell works for the Samsung design department??
16. LiyanaBG (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
i heared middle school students choose the design
17. maccess (Posts: 576; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
Just learn the f**king english first kid..
22. LiyanaBG (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
you were dumb enough to understand my English and answer. then my English is good