Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T plan on offering Windows Phone 8 handsets
0. phoneArena 20 Jun 2012, 18:52 posted on
A survey taken of the nation's top four carriers following the announcement from Microsoft introducing Windows Phone 8 shows that three of the top four U.S. carriers are planning on offering a Windows Phone 8 model with Sprint being the odd carrier out...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
This was what I've been waiting to hear! Six more months to go!!!! My HD7 will be upgraded to 7.8 plus I'll able to upgrade my plan first/second of December. Then by next year, Surface pro here I come.
2. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
let's see what Verizon will bring. o:
3. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Thank you VZW for finally supporting WP. The HTC Trophy was getting lonely.
7. Jyakotu (Posts: 824; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Sprint NEVER showed any support for the HTC Arrive, despite is being one of the HIGHEST rated phones by customers.
5. RoyalTroll (banned) (Posts: 32; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Im pretty sure windows 8 in a year will be huge like my fatass
6. Jyakotu (Posts: 824; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
As a Sprint customer, I am VERY upset that they aren't supporting it. The HTC Arrive is one of their highest rated phones on the website with GREAT customer feedback. However, Sprint NEVER showed any support for it.! Every Sprint store I walk into, they NEVER have an HTC Arrive for demonstration. Sprint will be foolish NOT to support Windows Phone 8, especially since Nokia blatantly said they wanted to give each US carrier an exclusive phone. Come on Sprint, don't be left out.! Customers like options and many customers on your network are looking for something new. WP8 is it.! If Sprint doesn't offer any WP8 phones later this year or early next year, I will be VERY disappointed.
15. Whodaboss (Posts: 176; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
Sprint spent a "billion" dollars just to have the rights to sell the iPhones. They need to recoup their money buy selling as many iPhones possible. Personally I think the deal with Apple stated they couldn't sell any other WP devices. :)
19. meowcenary (Posts: 187; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
As a former sprint user, using the HTC Arrive. I remember sprint sending me plugs, regarding trading in my Arrive for the iphone. Fast forward a few months, now on T-mobiles network I am using the HTC Radar and looking forward to a WP8 device.
8. md227a (Posts: 129; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Sprint cant afford to get windows phones since they paid so much to get the Iphones lol
9. snowgator (Posts: 3335; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Geez Sprint.... Can you at least TRY to look like you want to be competitive?
Very happy Verizon is willing to give WP8 a shot. Hope HTC and Sammy join Nokia on it's shelves.
Hope Sammy puts a little advertising muscle behind it's devices this time. Love the idea of a all in approach from them.
Have faith in HTC still.
Hope T-Mo gets a serious high end device for WP8. Their customers deserve it.
13. EvoHero (Posts: 38; Member since: 15 May 2011)
Let me explain why Sprint doesn't care about WP8. NO ONE WANTS IT! WP has only 4.1% market share of smartphones since it became available November 2010. Customers might have liked the Arrive, but it really didn't sell. Can't blame Sprint for not wanting to get into a contract with MS for a product that probably wouldn't sell. My guess is that MS is helping with the subsidies of WP devices on the other carriers in order to promote sales.
18. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
no one wants those crappy kyocera phones either, sprint has no problems picking those up
10. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I agree with all of you, its about time for Verizon. This just may make my final decision for my fall upgrade path.
11. Suts_97 (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 May 2012)
All current Mango phones will get the 7.8 update is it?
12. lumialove (Posts: 75; Member since: 16 May 2012)
sprint has given everything to apple and has nothing left for Window.
14. downphoenix (Posts: 2499; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Not surprised Sprint isn't committed, they really bet big on Iphone. I hope for their sake that they're right and that interest in WP will continue to be meager and making only small gains in the market as it has so far. Would be a big slap in the face to Hesse if customers start leaving over no WP phones.
16. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
I'm on Verizon and I was pretty disappointed that the HTC Trophy was there only WP7, I hope that they get the really High End WP8 because AT&T usually gets those
17. Forsaken77 (Posts: 552; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
Of course Tmobile is happy... They're the only ones without the iPhone. Being that MS loves to shyt on Apple, Tmo will be right there with them.