Verizon Moto X will get Moto Maker options later this year
0. phoneArena 01 Aug 2013, 17:18 posted on
In the leadup to today, we knew that there would be a way to really customize your Moto X, though it was unclear if carriers would have these options. Most of what we had heard was that carriers would have the choice of black and white and that would be it. So, one of the few surprises today was that AT&T would be offering the Moto Maker customization options, and that "other carriers" would join the program later on...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xpr3ss10n (Posts: 55; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
On Verizon's timeline, Later this year means 12/31/13. This phone is such a fail~
2. rtol1 (Posts: 21; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
So, if I decided to get a custom made Moto X through Verizon, would I get it with a locked or unlocked bootloader?
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5659; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the only way you'd get an unlocked variant is through the Play Store but being that there is a Play Store variant there will probably be an unlock exploit for the locked variants.
7. rtol1 (Posts: 21; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Locked bootloader, huh? That diminishes things for me a bit, but I'll still consider the Moto X when I decide to get a new phone in the near future.
6. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1010; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
This phone looks to become the "Galaxy S3" of Motorola. I wouldnt be surprised if the Moto X becomes that popular
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6900; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Why would Verizon get this one when they already have the BEST MOTOROLA PHONE RAZR MAXX. typical Verizon