Verizon Max plan to offer 6GB for $30 to wean unlimited data users onto a tiered plan
0. phoneArena 23 Aug 2013, 13:38 posted on
If you have a grandfather plan on Verizon giving you unlimited data, you likely guard that plan to an obsessive degree because the other option is to start paying for one of Verizon's very expensive tiered data plans. But, Verizon wants to wean you off of the unlimited data, and so the carrier is going to be launching a limited time offer along with the Verizon Edge plans called Verizon Max...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
33. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Verizon must really hate him. Upload it to imgur and post a link.
49. tlsmithsr (Posts: 81; Member since: 28 Sep 2010)
http://m.imgur.com/CxHs2WS let me know if you see it
56. greathero1 (Posts: 521; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
WOW! Lol. Im surprised they haven't kicked him off the network yet.
76. tlsmithsr (Posts: 81; Member since: 28 Sep 2010)
That's what I say every month he shows his usage lol.
35. ZeroCide (Posts: 706; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Let him know it may soon be coming to an end.
24. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
That's considered cheap in the US?
I'm paying just over $4 for 10GB here in Iceland.
34. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Yup its retarded. The cable companies also have gotten laws in place so they control TV and internet prices. Screwed up country isn't it.
37. kanagadeepan (Posts: 748; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
I am getting 10000 minutes calling, 1000 text, 8GB data (3G) for about 25$ per month (India)
39. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Closest plan in US is from tmobile.
100 min of calling + unlimited text + 5GB of 4g + unlimited 2G for $30 a month. It only works on new activations though and you have to pay full price for the phone.
31. vb112 (Posts: 4; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Full retail price is good enough for me. I signed with unlimited and I'm keeping it. Verizon can keep supplying my 4G service and 15gb a month.
32. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Still too high, I feel bad for any Verizon customers that fall for this scam.
38. ZeroCide (Posts: 706; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Data would be cheap if the telcoms were'nt run buy a bunch of money hungy profiteering gluttons.
36. kanagadeepan (Posts: 748; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Well try BigRED.... BUT NOT ENOUGH....
40. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
LOL maybe 10 GB a Month for the price of my unlimited otherwise I'm perfectly fine with buying phones full retail.
41. ibap (Posts: 716; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
I'm surprised they haven't taken the position that since they only offered 3G when the unlimited plans were available, that they don't have to give those plans 4G. Want to be that will be the next step if you don't make the switch they're offering?
And when they first offered the unlimited plans (back when I was a VZW customer, only left because they didn't have the coverage we needed at our high school), I don't think they really had a clue what data consumption would rise to.
43. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
They will eventually get almost everyone off of it when LTE A comes out and they make it not work on the unlimited plan.
44. xmusicianguy (Posts: 96; Member since: 13 Jul 2011)
HAHAHA! Good one Verizon. I see what you did there! So no freakin way!
48. BigRoy (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
Im not giving up my unlimited data at all unless forced to....I use 80-90 GB a month so I would love to pay $750 retail price for the next new phone's I want because use that amount in data every month so im winning.....
51. vb112 (Posts: 4; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Get familiar with your my Verizon upgrade process online because some alt upgrade is non commission now to sales reps so they aren't happy about doing that esn flip. Don't want you to get lied to next time you walk into a store.
61. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 305; Member since: 26 May 2011)
If what you say is accurate, then I'd suggest heading down to your local Costco because those cellular reps are all about customer service. I'm not sure if the reps get commission for any sales, because having the wireless kiosk in the Costco stores is simply another service that Costco offers to their customers.
91. lolrus (Posts: 29; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I sell Verizon at Staples and I absolutely make commission on alternate upgrades.
93. vb112 (Posts: 4; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
I just left Said company and alt from featured phones it was a "north Carolina" noncom
99. A_Steal (Posts: 11; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
I guarantee they are commission based. That's how the whole VZW indirect deal works.
100. A_Steal (Posts: 11; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
Yeah.... VZW has hired reps that their sole job is to go through and find those and switch them to the 2gb plans. It says in the detailed contracts that your reps aren't allowed to alt upgrade to save unlimited anymore. VZW will switch it over if they do.
54. uravgguy (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
Maybe I'm missing something but for me, this seems like a good deal. I've been holding onto my unlimited plan and buying used phones BUT now I can pay the same amount for 6GB plus the additional the cost of Edge and get the ability to upgrade my phone sooner. I barely use 1GB of data a month, receive a 17% discount, plus my company reimburses me $45 a month. Should I not do this?
79. 14545 (Posts: 1201; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
NO, NO WAY IN HADES SHOULD YOU DO THIS. With edge you still have to pay full price for the phone. Just in the form of "payments" and lose unlimited data. Don't do it. Just put it on a credit card and pay it off that way if you can't afford to pay full comp.
95. decourmier (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Aug 2013)
If you ever want to get rid of your plan, I'm looking to for an additional line
62. papss (unregistered)
I have no cap on my home use since I don't go thru a phone company (thank you TW) and my badazz router but out in the world I have a 3 gig cap on my phone but wifi is everywhere so no big deal.
63. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 305; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I don't see myself ever giving up my unlimited data, but Verizon's going to have to try a lot harder than that. I'm thinking they need to offer a 15GB for $30 and a 40GB for $50. The numbers sound extreme, but look at it like right now unlimited data users have unlimited for $30
65. miles16852 (Posts: 227; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
No, you wont have to give up your unlimited plan, you will be FORCED too! lol, sucks but its coming and everyone knows it..
75. Fuego84 (Posts: 304; Member since: 13 May 2012)
Hopefully they lose a ton of customer making them pull a Microsoft Xbox One, you know taking it all back. But why I don't worry, I've got T-Mobile.
77. 14545 (Posts: 1201; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
LMAO, So VZW wants me to pay FULL PRICE for the phone and give up my unlimited data? Yeah, that's not happening. If I'm going to pay full price for my phone, I'M KEEPING MY UNLIMITED DATA. Now, if VZW would give me 12-15 GB of data for 60 bucks to SHARE with additional devices, THEN, and only THEN we might could talk. Until then, Shammalongadingdong can keep his stupid tiered plans and choke on one too.
81. zachattack (Posts: 603; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Is that for only grandfathered peeps because that's cheap as hell compared to any of their other shared plan BS. I have a super old plan and only costs me 40$ a month for 2GB and unlimited messaging. Want more data though because 2GB is a little low when shared with someone. Ill have to get my own plan sewn
86. Notsosuperdave (Posts: 26; Member since: 15 May 2013)
my cycle starts on the 13th- - im already at 34 GB for the month and usually from 60-80 GB a month
87. Notsosuperdave (Posts: 26; Member since: 15 May 2013)
my cycle starts on the 13th- - im already at 34 GB for the month and usually from 60-80 GB a month
88. itzmando (Posts: 114; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Im due for an upgrade, but I sure as hell WILL NOT give up my grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan.
Will pay full retail for my phones now rather than subsidized new contract pricing. I havent been able to use my data so its low these past few months due to major issues with my GNexus holding onto a 4G signal so streaming youtube or Netflix is such a pain.
Need a new phone so will have to save to pay retail
89. atlvideoguy (Posts: 46; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
What a great deal verizon, Your marketing this so well that people won't see past your BS!
92. quakan (Posts: 1246; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I have a 2GB plan and I feel like I can't do much when I'm away from wifi. Sucks.
94. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 305; Member since: 26 May 2011)
When I found out Verizon was going to stop offering the unlimited data plan, I immediately switched my wife from the 250MB data plan to the unlimited.
96. decourmier (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Aug 2013)
I let my 3-year-old son play games, watch netflix kids, and jam out to Pandora radio on my phone during our 2 hour commute to my college. He's not going to look at controlling data... He's 3. I use the same phone to run my business because I do not have a computer inside my house. Even if I did have a computer, out where I live there is NO DSL offered by ANY company, only Dial-Up. I go through 150-200 gigs a month. I hope I they let me keep my data because that's over $2,000/mo in just data. When they started the whole 4G thing they said that the data would cost a fraction of what 3G did. I mean I run my own business and it's going fine, but I don't even make $2,000/mo and I paying for law school out of my own pocket. Daycare out of my own pocket. Mortgage out of my own pocket... catching the drift?
Is there anything we as consumers can do to ensure unlimited data?
97. Daftama (Posts: 581; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yes get a couple million of us together leave vzw by the day I promise things will change in a heartbeat to