Verizon LTE lighting up 28 new markets on July 21st
0. phoneArena posted on 18 Jul 2011, 15:33
Verizon is expanding its LTE network once again. The company will be turning on LTE coverage in 28 new markets and expanding coverage in 8 more markets starting this Thursday July 21st...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. URC (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2011, 16:37 3
I'd really like to see VZW's justification for lighting up some of these small towns over cities with 1/4 million+.
2. MalakiMills posted on 18 Jul 2011, 16:49 0
To continue to help out the millions of people that don't get great coverage from other providers, and the really large cities will get it soon enough. Come on ithaca!! (at least by the end of 2011 like you promised)
5. kory (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2011, 17:05 0
The fact that Ithaca is getting it ahead of Buffalo is ridiculous. I know they are having problems with Canada band or something, but still. Its a slap in the face to the Queen city. Especially when they promise you when they sell you a thunderbolt day one, say that there will be LTE by mid to end of the summer( the rep said it was a matter of "flipping on the switch") and then you find out you wont get it until next year. This sucks
9. 87168 (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2011, 18:22 0
I know, I live in Buffalo...it's ridiculous. No other city should have 4G ahead of Buffalo except for NYC based on population alone. Buffalo is the 2nd largest city in NYS and the ONLY other city, besides NYC of course, that has professional sports teams. Lame.
3. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 18 Jul 2011, 16:50 1
YES Verizon can now spread the joy of battery draining in 28 new markets starting July 21st. lol Just kidding. I LOVE all 4G. 3G is torture to me now. I would rather carry 2 or 3 extra batteries than deal with 3G. I REALLY MEAN THAT. After 4G, 3G is inacceptable PERIOD! lol
4. DOGIEFRESH posted on 18 Jul 2011, 16:54 3
Money from our taxes at their best service......!!!!!
6. atrain1385 posted on 18 Jul 2011, 17:37 1
awesome no jersey markets again "expanding northern jersey" is just a nice way of saying we r gonna expand outside of NYC a lil bit way to f**k jersey again verizon never mind that jersey has more people per square mile then any other state but be sure to Wichita, Kansas! f**king idiots
10. 87168 (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2011, 18:30 2
Not to mention their HQs are in Jersey. Their deployments make no sense.
17. 87186 (unregistered) posted on 19 Jul 2011, 09:47 0
Touch guy I guess
11. sscorp99 posted on 18 Jul 2011, 19:58 0
Jersey! Who cares about Jersey? Theres all of thirty people live in the Pine Barrens and thats not counting the ones with 8 toes and no teeth. But I digress, just go ahead and turn on Augusta F**K**g GA and not Birmingham, Al. 1 million people in Jefferson county and no 4g
18. 87186 (unregistered) posted on 19 Jul 2011, 09:58 0
I take it you're unaware that Verizon Wireless' headquarters are in Basking Ridge, NJ....
Not to mention NJ is the most population dense state in the U.S.
13. aznative (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2011, 20:31 0
Tucson already has 4G LTE. Should check that off the list.
14. Ryan (unregistered) posted on 18 Jul 2011, 20:56 1
Stop complaining about the 4g areas...just think verizon is releasing almost 6 times as many lte markets as at&t has planned for the entire summer (5) and has over 100 markets up.
15. uncman100 posted on 18 Jul 2011, 21:18 0
Yes sir!!! I had a 4G MiFi connected to my iPad 2 all day at work.. pulled up my ESPN app streaming video all day worked like a charm...25mbps baby!! LTE all day..Winston-salem, NC
19. downphoenix posted on 19 Jul 2011, 10:42 0
you VZW customers are lucky, Sprint customers havent had any confirmed 4G rollout for all of 2011 with no forseeable rollout in sight.
20. sjp (unregistered) posted on 27 Jul 2011, 08:55 0
VZ is doing small communities becuase they are getting stimulus dollars from the feds for Broadband expansion in rural america. Both their FIOS and LTE networks ride the same infrastructure.