Verizon Jetpack is announced – 4G LTE mobile hotspot for just $20
0. phoneArena 29 Jan 2013, 08:47 posted on
Here's one more way of staying connected to the web no matter where you are – with the use if a Verizon Jetpack! This pocket-friendly gizmo is a newly-announced mobile Wi-Fi hotspot that runs on the carrier's speedy 4G LTE network. It can be yours for only $19.99, as long as you don't mind waiting for a $50 mail-in rebate and signing a new two-year contract with Verizon...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Dude, i was on this page and an old add for the Samsung Fascinate popped up from where it used to be $200, but yes i would not mind having one of these
2. D_Tech-tive (Posts: 104; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Too bad can't get it for that price with out new contract. Would go great with my unlimited data plan!
3. COLAPSEDLUNGMAN (Posts: 16; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Jetpacks can't be on an unlimited data plan regardless.
7. kellkeezy (Posts: 57; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
actually if you move the sim card from an unlimited phone to a jetpack then yes
9. COLAPSEDLUNGMAN (Posts: 16; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
most jetpacks take a different sized SIM anyways but if you did have a model that took micro switching it automatically changes the device and priceplan in VZ's backend system.
4. D_Tech-tive (Posts: 104; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
I said too bad...don't hate that I have unlimited!
10. COLAPSEDLUNGMAN (Posts: 16; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
haha im not hatin, I still have my unlimited too!
5. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
Hey why not give it away, since they are ripping you off for the tiered data plan. WHat's the use of a gee-whiz hotspot if it cost you a fortune to keep connected?
6. AtomicMe (Posts: 23; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Some Verizon stores will actually discount the device by $20. So the initial cost for the hardware is $50 before the $50 rebate, so it ends up being free. You might have to ask them nicely though :)
11. D_Tech-tive (Posts: 104; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Well a thumbs down for no good reason is hating.
13. sectime (unregistered)
Listed as software upgradeable for LTE on AWS, where would that be an advantage over the 4260LE. You lose GSM world roaming.