Verizon Holilday lineup leak reappears, confirms Samsung Nexus Prime for Big Red
0. phoneArena 14 Sep 2011, 08:25 posted on
Yesterday, a curious little document representing a possible Verizon Holiday season lineup leaked out, but it was so full of typos, we doubted it was the real deal. Today though, a very similar one…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. roldefol (Posts: 4310; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Also missing is the LG Enlighten, which has leaked all over the place (including the VZW fall catalogue!) and should be taking the reins from the Ally, while the Illusion takes over for the Vortex. I don't believe this is a complete list of new devices.
Unless what this REALLY means is that the Vigor is coming sooner than the holiday season.
17. wellduh (unregistered)
HTC Vigor suppose to be coming out Oct. 6 so yea thats before the holiday season
19. jogutier (Posts: 324; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
Phonearena is famous for photoshop pics. LOL What a joke! Is it really that boring there. The "we are hiring" pop-up gets old too. :)
2. BobbyTaba (Posts: 316; Member since: 11 Aug 2010)
Damn Verizon upgrade feature phone to smartphone ends this month. Might have to get Droid bionic
4. snowgator (Posts: 3597; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Still a really, really good device from reviews I have read. Maybe the Prime makes it within 30 day return period?
15. nb2six (Posts: 298; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
It's 14 to back out of the agreement. Still 30 days to exchange to another device depending on where you go.
27. costcoHotDogs (Posts: 10; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
there's also that Radio Shack rumor that says they will slash $100 of all verizon phones
3. snowgator (Posts: 3597; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Sigh .... still not even a hint of W7 Mango. Oh well, my loss. If we decide to move to Verizon , which is the most expensive option for me but has the best reception by far in my area, this is a really, really good set of Android options to choose from. I am leaning to the HTC Vigor if I go LTE, the Droid 3 if I don't. (Not going to be in my area for a long while.) My wife will drool over the Nexus Prime, so that is the most likely for her.
6. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
I should start saving. This or the galaxy s 3??
13. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the galaxyS-3, or what we thought it was going to be anyways, is actually the Prime. the S2's successor is a long way off at this point.
29. costcoHotDogs (Posts: 10; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
No doubt the SG3 will be a great phone but that's another life time
7. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 413; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
I wonder if I begged if they'd let me upgard my Thunderbolt early to the Vigor, or Prime for regular price.
22. costcoHotDogs (Posts: 10; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
good-luck Big Red is on a roll for Greediness
42. roldefol (Posts: 4310; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Yes, how dare they subsidize your $500 phone and then not subsidize another $500 phone half a year later!
I'm sorry, I have zero sympathy for people whining about the eeevil phone companies when they're pretty up front about limitations. If you don't like what the fine print says, don't sign a contract.
45. roldefol (Posts: 4310; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
In fact, I was pleasantly surprised to discover the $100 feature phone-to-smartphone credit actually allows me to upgrade before my NE2 date. No, Verizon isn't doing it just to be generous - they'd be getting an extra $20 worth of data plan out of me - but it is pretty sweet that they'll let me upgrade early.
49. cnwwyo (Posts: 126; Member since: 26 May 2011)
It's not a charity case. It's a business. Businesses try to make money. If u don't like it that's ok! Nobody is gonna force u to buy verizon!
48. cnwwyo (Posts: 126; Member since: 26 May 2011)
the vigor will be the same thing as the t-bolt maybe with minute differences. they just change the name to sell more
54. roldefol (Posts: 4310; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Sure, minute differences like a dual core processor running 50% faster, higher quality (either qHD or 720p HD) screen, different shape, probably lighter weight, bigger battery....
Not an iPhone 3G to 3GS type overhaul, but subtle improvements.
55. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the snapdragon core is not capable of a 720p screen. The only one that might be in existance would be the Nexus Prime.. first true HD screen ever.
56. roldefol (Posts: 4310; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Yeah, I'm thinking there might have been some confounding of rumors. People may have heard VZW was getting a 720p phone (the Prime) this fall, then heard the Vigor was coming this fall and confused the two. I think the Vigor will have the same qHD S-LCD screen HTC uses on the Sensation and EVO 3D. And I'll be perfectly happy with that, as it's the best screen I've seen this side of an iP4.
I think for all intents and purposes the Sensation XE is the Vigor minus LTE.
11. Mooooo (Posts: 212; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
I think I have left some clues hehe
I currently own a Nexus S
12. yellowboy (unregistered)
Its funny how phone arena just just throws in the name nexus. Nowhere in the document does it says nexus prime and we all know by now that verizon is getting a bloated up version call samsung prime - the nexus name.
14. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
notice where it says "Samsung Prime"
Thats also why I think this document is a fake. Not 2 weeks ago, we were told the prime was not its real name, and instead it was the Galaxy Nexus or some nonsence.