Verizon Galaxy Nexus unboxing and hands-on
0. phoneArena 15 Dec 2011, 10:31 posted on
Alas, the time is finally here, after much wait and antagonizing anticipation! At long last, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus for Verizon, 4G LTE equipped and all, is available starting today for the devilishly hard working on-contract price of $299.99...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Ahhh I can't wait to get out of work so I can get mine. This would release on a day where I have appointments all day... blaaah
20. sgogeta4 (Posts: 391; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
I have an exam today lol. I ordered it online through LetsTalk. Hopefully will arrive tmw.
5. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
damit i want this phone in gsm for tmo!!!!
7. biophone (Posts: 1893; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
I want a post on the battery life. PA get on that:)
15. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Seconded, but we'll likely have to wait for their full review. Very curious to see how this holds up compared to my Rezound. The screen on the Rezound sucks up something like 80% of the battery life. Wonder if SAMOLED is that much more efficient than S-LCD, even at 720p.
26. Hello-dirt (Posts: 102; Member since: 02 May 2010)
the battery meter dropped some in the video. The 4g radio is turned on, but I doubt this phone will be as long lasting as the sgs2. If Verizon and a swap carriers sale, I would be more than willing to take the chance on this phone.
27. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
The only SGS2 worth comparing to the VZW Nexus would be the Skyrocket (and some would argue without the Exynos that's not a "real" SGS2). Apples to apples when it comes to LTE.
8. dudemanrod (Posts: 39; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
i'm the type that waits a week to see what the reviews are like before i make my decision...
9. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I wish I had self control like that. If my girlfriend hadn't threatened to hold out on me I would've bought the Bionic and RAZR already haha
18. ayephoner (Posts: 836; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
i am too.
but i didnt for this. i was at the store at 855. i was the second to purchase.
it is so smooth and such a nice phone. its amazing.
22. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I already have one on hold at the store by me... just have to finish up at work and i'll be there around 5! Can't wait.
29. ayephoner (Posts: 836; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
it is a bit painful to be siding with you fandroids so much.
maybe i need a new avatar.
31. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
But I give you massive props for accepting a GOOD Android phone into your life.
For your new avatar, might I suggest an iPhone and a Nexus gettin' it on?
10. bossmt_2 (Posts: 429; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
I ordered mine online should get it tomorrow.
12. pdub73 (Posts: 32; Member since: 25 Nov 2008)
Got mine...I love it...couple of little problems I noticed...but i'm gonna investigate more...but for starters NO SUPPORT FOR SWYPE.... :( (not yet at least)...and compared to my Droid X the signal strength is very low....Hmmmm
25. c.hack (Posts: 491; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Samsung is know for poor reception. On the other hand, the DX and DX2 have better reception than almost any other phone.
28. pdub73 (Posts: 32; Member since: 25 Nov 2008)
this is true and I did know this but I was hoping the GN would be better...oh well...other then that the phone is awesome...
36. Habib (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
they are patching a SOFTWARE upgrade which should be within 2 hours of initial activation.
or might take longer
13. Stayfly2407 (Posts: 45; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
Anyone looking to save money, I'm selling this for $249 just email me at email@example.com I'll send you my direct link to my website. Still have a few left in stock from this morning.
14. ny1464 (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
Why is taking so long to review the f**king box? Who cares about the box . What's wrong with you man.
16. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Haha I have always wondered that about unboxing videos. I always skip to like 3 minutes in and they are usually still taking it out of the package...
17. santy (Posts: 38; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Now that Verizon is done, the wait for ATT starts now.
23. Alantef (Posts: 278; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
i really wanna know who all has this phone i wanna do a major hangout with 6 people to test it out lol
30. Ksupowercat13 (Posts: 15; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Readin this review with my smooth nexus :D
32. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
Wow. A 5mp camera. If this was the ip4s with a 5mp camera, fandroids would be all over that, lol. But since this is an android device, 5mp is acceptable and no one noticed :)
35. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Oh we noticed, just ask the SGS2 fanatics. The rest of the phone more than makes up for a less-than-stellar camera. Whereas CPU/GPU speed and camera are the only hardware advantages of the 4S over the iP4.
34. Phullofphil (Posts: 800; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
well i just got it. Battery so far is lousy as expected but i also have all my apps redownloaded in the backround. But i qould say so far it is on par with other lte phones.
I have not downliaded but vincent tape and joel witt that was voic rec while typing this. Does not work at all but besides that by far best phone i have ever owned. I believe ics is better than ios so far but i am still exited about learning the features. Sure thwre will be a review soon but time will tell on this phone and mostly ics but first imoressions are i love it.