Verizon Galaxy Nexus pre-orders may begin tomorrow
0. phoneArena 28 Nov 2011, 17:05 posted on
The newest rumors (which look very believable) are confirming the release date for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Verizon on December 8th, and are also pointing to pre-orders starting tomorrow...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
17. kpfirefighter (Posts: 160; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I agree. If we got the asia RAZR edition I think a lot of people would jump all over it. The specs are almost equal to the nexus! If the RAZR had ICS it would be a no brainer! Just preference on battery removel but other than that!
But I really dont see these hitting the stores due to the nexus! But you never know they could come in white!
13. bossmt_2 (Posts: 449; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
I hope Verizon's Black Friday Sales were terrible because they held back the release of this phone for so long.
On that note, I hope this is true, though I'd rather it just be surprised released tomorrow but that won't happen.
14. vzwincred (Posts: 29; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
^^agreed. they should send me one so i can change my name to vzwnexus
15. noahbf (Posts: 28; Member since: 28 Apr 2009)
What about the Best Buy ad that was advertising the Nexus for $299?
16. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2705; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Best Buy ads are never as believable as leaks directly from carriers.
18. kpfirefighter (Posts: 160; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Best buy is a joke in my opinion. They are always over priced! I call them HACK'S!
20. supaman21 (Posts: 43; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
overpriced, you have to be kidding with that
40. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
on contract Best Buy usually has good deals. OFF contract is a completely different story. You could buy a phone off contract full retail price directly at the carrier like Verizon for example and then buy the same phone off contract, full retail price at Best Buy and spend over 200 dollars more.
19. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lordy lordy, i hope its true. i cant take another mass geek meltdown... lol. hurry up n launch it VZW, so we can get firm details on when other carriers get it! :)
21. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2705; Member since: 26 May 2011)
You can't honestly believe that just because Verizon launches that we'll actually get details on other carriers, do you?
33. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
not instantly,no. Im sure its part of VZW's exclusivity clause that they get so long before other carriers can announce... but we cant have the announcement until after VZW gets their exclusivity.. so its one step closer. That was my point. :)
61. roldefol (Posts: 4312; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
The fact that only the CDMA-LTE version is listed at Google.com does not bode well for an imminent TMo/Sprint release. We also don\'t know how long the VZW exclusivity period is. Could be 1, 3, 6 months. Verizon will give Google all the exposure the Nexus needs for quite some time.
62. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
if its an exclusive, they wouldnt be able to show the GSM version in america just yet.. but yea, we have no idea how long this period may be. but the only way to get past it.. is to launch the darn thing. Hopefully its only a few weeks or so.
23. sid8911 (Posts: 54; Member since: 29 May 2010)
i expect and updated version of the g nexus in 2012 with upgraded specs.
30. vanwes1 (Posts: 4; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
For those of us that remember. This reminds me of the thunderbolt and iphone 4 for verizon. Verizon never gave a release date or that the phone would ever be releaed to protect the iphone. It was about 14 days after the iphone launched and all of a sudden the launch day was announced, about 21 days after the iphone so all the people who bought the iphone could not turn it back in and get the thunderbolt. Just wait for the 14th day for returns to expire for the razr and rezound and you will get your release date. It is about maximizing profits. They have likely been planning this for a while. I bet we get the release date by next week, just in time for christmas. I dont know when the rezound and razr were released, but the nexus will be availble after the 14 day return policy has expired.
36. ds50137 (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
While I fully agree that I think the tbolt was probably held back to 'catch' the iPhone purchases, in this case Verizon has extended their return policy for the moment. Anyone purchasing a phone right now, can return it until 1/15/12 as long as they pay that $35 return fee.
48. Sinaps (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Jul 2010)
Damn. If I could upgrade I would but I must wait.
49. belovedson (Posts: 988; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
199 that's freaking awesome. gj samsung google and verizon. its going to sell like hotcakes
60. pinkmamba (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Jun 2010)
199 would undercut the raz and others- no way ! no can do! best case there will
be 2 versions, 16 gig for 199 and 32 gig for 299. Most liklly though there will be
just one 32 gig for 299.
Hey just wait 6 month and you will get it for $150, a year and you will get it for free!
but then you will want the quad core cortex 15 phones that will be available.
cutting edge is not free
63. kpfirefighter (Posts: 160; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Well it's tomorrow and I will take TWO please!!! oh wait it was all a buch of bulls**t again! There is no pre-orders today. What the hell was I thinking!
Well maybe tomorrow! but..........probably not!
65. warlockz (Posts: 156; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
lol this phone is coming out week of Dec 12th or early 2012 what a joke.