Verizon Galaxy Nexus en route to stores, final packaging leaked
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Dec 2011, 13:56
A new tipster claims that retail units of the elusive Verizon Galaxy Nexus are being shipped to stores this week, and as evidence supplies the first photos of the retail packaging for the 4G Galaxy Nexus...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
22. The_Miz posted on 05 Dec 2011, 15:39 2 18
So you gonna downgrade from a mustang to a jalopy lol?
Btw, go on ahead and thumb this comment down. Android fans are bitter enough to do so.
23. willardcw4 posted on 05 Dec 2011, 15:43 8 1
Not an Android fan, but you're welcome.
25. bobnnate posted on 05 Dec 2011, 15:51 7 0
i think you mean upgrade from something that wont have flash and minimal customization, to something that does and has almost no limit on customization
27. InspectorGadget80 posted on 05 Dec 2011, 17:07 4 0
The Miz just STFU for once at least he's getting a better phone.
38. mctcm posted on 05 Dec 2011, 19:08 4 0
Haha the miz thinks a mustang is a nice car.
39. remixfa posted on 05 Dec 2011, 19:09 3 0
isnt the jalopy the one that has the weekly issues after weekly issues.. that you generally feel that you paid too much for, and your non jalopy driving friends make fun of you for buying?
So.. wouldn't he be getting rid of the jalopy and going to the FERRARI in this case? :)
6. protozeloz posted on 05 Dec 2011, 14:04 0 0
You ready to buy it? Sure wanna see how you like it :3
43. ayephoner posted on 06 Dec 2011, 06:14 0 0
yeah, i really think so.
the only way i wouldnt is if i caught wind of something cooler coming along soon, but im so tired of waiting (been sitting on an upgrade for over a year).
plus, i really do like this device. i have an X with 2.2 now, which is a good phone, but crashes often. i had a palm pre plus before this and i LOVED webOS. take my phone, make it much faster, bigger better screen, more stability and some webOS flair...............i know im going to love this thing.
5. Adianshadows posted on 05 Dec 2011, 14:04 1 0
Quick, Time to check my enroute purchase orders!!!
8. Bethistopheles posted on 05 Dec 2011, 14:07 2 0
Please tell me you're posting from Ohio and that the answer is they're on their way. :D
(I won't hold my breath)
9. Adianshadows posted on 05 Dec 2011, 14:16 2 0
Nope, PA... sorry bud but when I get the phone a few days before everyone Ill let you guys know what a fantastic phone it is :D
16. Bethistopheles posted on 05 Dec 2011, 14:38 1 0
PA? Close enough! Kind of!
11. theBankRobber posted on 05 Dec 2011, 14:18 2 0
This is great news for Verizon users, Im hoping to just get some ICS on my Photon within a couple of months.
24. Booya posted on 05 Dec 2011, 15:48 2 1
I would love to get some ICS on my tbolt too! Boo Ya!!
32. dinzle posted on 05 Dec 2011, 17:38 0 1
at the rate the released gingerbread... I don't know about that
33. Cwebb posted on 05 Dec 2011, 18:00 0 1
Same here with the Evo 3d
Its a shame the Evo and the Photon didn't get the same marketing the SGS2 did, otherwise they would be 2 of the best selling phones this year
12. LewsTherin006 posted on 05 Dec 2011, 14:24 4 0
Lets go VZ! hurry up so i can get the HSPA+ verison on another carrier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13. Adianshadows posted on 05 Dec 2011, 14:26 1 5
Why would you want a HSPA+ if you could get the better, LTE version?
14. omarc26 posted on 05 Dec 2011, 14:33 3 0
Im with lewis i also want the hspa+ version because some of us like me live were verizon is not good and at&t works fine.
20. jacky_luvsjrod posted on 05 Dec 2011, 14:51 1 0
I also agree with lewis i want the gsm hspa+ version of this phone only if it came to at&t... because like he said u can use it on different carriers all u gotta is unlock them and pop in a sim card from the place you going something u cannot do with the verizon LTE version for those who travel europe or mexico or canada or asia whereever they go they never have to pay roaming charges cuz u just buy a local sim from the place ur going. Ive done it before with my at&t iphone 4 i got it unlocked and used it in mexico with a Telcel sim and everything worked perfect i got 3G data, calling etc everything worked all without having to pay them high roaming fees once i got back to miami i put my at&t sim and everything went back to normal.
34. Cwebb posted on 05 Dec 2011, 18:02 0 0
Punctuation work wonders
30. InspectorGadget80 posted on 05 Dec 2011, 17:10 0 0
AdianShadows. I have a Atrix with H+. I have no problems with my service. Its better than 3G.
17. Mr.Mr.Upgrade posted on 05 Dec 2011, 14:39 2 0
And the Verizon team does it again scoreee, the other carriers don't stand a chance,
19. Bethistopheles posted on 05 Dec 2011, 14:51 1 1
Some of the "any age" demographic will use it as a paperweight, and others as a chew-toy/peanut butter & jelly collector. You may want to re-think that statement. ;)
21. ghost__uwi posted on 05 Dec 2011, 15:38 1 4
Sorry rather wait for the s3 there is big and then there is to big. Nexus being to big.
28. terabyteRouser posted on 05 Dec 2011, 17:07 2 0
Yea, because you've held one in your hand.
29. InspectorGadget80 posted on 05 Dec 2011, 17:08 0 0
Guess Ill have to wait till it comes to AT&T. But its nice to see it in its final version.
31. Ksupowercat13 posted on 05 Dec 2011, 17:23 0 0
just called verizon and they told me that they are shipping Galaxy Nexus to all Direct Verizon stores...whoop whoop!!
35. vzwincred posted on 05 Dec 2011, 18:05 0 0
no offense, but i only care about the ship date for us consumers!!!! it's driving me crazy!! i need to change my sn to vzwnexus!!!!!!! :)
36. Alantef posted on 05 Dec 2011, 18:13 1 0
got my nexus today...flat out love this phone...wroth picking up... truly an awesome phone....
41. protozeloz posted on 05 Dec 2011, 20:23 0 0
Glad you got yours! Remember to update for the audio bug. I've heard the thing is really good
44. Alantef posted on 06 Dec 2011, 08:07 0 0
it is and i got the update before i was even all the in the phone but this phone is crazy....im in LOVE with this screen....and the os is a BIG change....
45. kpfirefighter posted on 06 Dec 2011, 09:54 0 0
How big would you say the screen is compared to the RAZR? if you don't mind me asking.
Is it just as wide or wider? or slimmer?
46. Alantef posted on 06 Dec 2011, 12:38 1 0
phone is the same size up and down....the razr is a little wider and you really cant tell then thinness in hand its hands down has more sex appeal than any other phone out there....even when its turned off which makes you wanna turn it back on...phone is really nice...really quick about the camera...side by side to the 4s...its really not that far off and its still a top of the line when it comes to camera phones if anything at all its tied in 2nd place with galaxy s 2's out there but i flat out love this phone...i cant speak on the battery yet because ive been killing this phone....so for its gotten 16 hours of stand by time only because i was sleep lol...the screen is lovely and i cant get enough of ics......
48. kpfirefighter posted on 06 Dec 2011, 19:37 0 0
Thank you for the response! I was a little worried cause I need a wide phone I have long fingers!!
37. Scuba_Steve posted on 05 Dec 2011, 18:13 0 0
We have the nexus in our purchase orders! No idea when they'll come in but the money has been spent and the product is on order.
40. remixfa posted on 05 Dec 2011, 19:10 0 0
someone mail me one. I promise to slip you lots of tech answers and make you look really smart on the forums.. im too poor at the moment to promise much else.. lol
42. kpfirefighter posted on 05 Dec 2011, 21:18 0 0
Take a good look at the picture everybody!........ See the empty box on the left? That's what's going to launch on Dec 8th or the 11th!!!
The phone on the right is still "unofficial" but it might lauch mid next year!!