Verizon CFO sees Apple iPhone 5 launching in Q4
0. phoneArena 22 Jul 2012, 14:51 posted on
Verizon CFO Fran Shammo dropped a hint during Big Red's latest quarterly earnings conference call, that the eagerly awaited Apple iPhone 5 will be launched in the fourth quarter of this year; during the call, the executive made a reference to a "big smartphone" coming in the fourth quarter...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Wow! You posted EXACTLY what I was going to post. :o
5. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
LOL wonder how long it will be untill t-mobile gets this 2014 maybe?
28. MISTER_H (banned) (Posts: 97; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
lets hope wish they dont get it. Atleast Tmobile dosnt
want that cr?p restricted phone.....
6. paulyyd (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
t-mobile will start offering the iPhone this year. Mark my words
7. Djthunderballs (Posts: 16; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
These aren't the droids you're looking for...
12. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Actually, a tmo employee said that they will pretty soon, likely sometime this year. I'd love it if they didn't though.
14. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
well touche sir... but ill believe it when i see it.
34. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
ill ask a buddy of mine to confirm and ill get back to you guys.
19. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
There's never anything new, and when there is, it's not new to Android phones. Apple fans just have to live with that.
11. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Oh it has LTE! Well I guess they'll sell it. Wait, they'll sell anything Apple.
15. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Actually Verizon has made a pretty massive push with it's Droid series of phones having faster speeds, and "all day battery life" compared to iPhones. There are number of commercials for Droid series for Verizon, and very little for the iPhone on Verizon (ie Verizon logo at the end of an Apple ad). So it'll be interesting to see if Verizon really push the new iPhone.
13. Hammerfest (Posts: 376; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Its so narrow it sickens me...
I HATE narrow devices...
22. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
You're narrow since you are able to have a feeling as strong as hate towards a device. IT'S JUST A PHONE.
36. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
I know i feel like im going to snap the Droid Razr when I was playing with my friends!
37. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Or if you meant Narrow minded devices I don't follow LOL
17. theBankRobber (Posts: 649; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Apple knows if they give T-Mobile the new iPhone this year, they have a greater chance of taking some of T-Mobile android user base away. If they don't spread the iPhone to other carriers then they stand a chance of losing out on users who are looking forward to buy the iPhone without changing carriers. Apple has grown alot more last year thanks to Verizon and Sprint selling the iPhone, and I know they are tired of losing out to Android. Just my honest opinion on the matter.
18. master0fursinz (Posts: 104; Member since: 26 Apr 2010)
HAHA.. "big smartphone" does not equal iphone. maybe all those leaked shots of the 5+ inch droids are not "big smartphones".
32. JunitoNH (Posts: 1172; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Funny Verizon has never publicly stated Razr has out sold the iPhone; most report come from analyst. When are they going to release the official figures? He seem happy to releasing the iPhone.