Verizon CFO says shared data plans coming this summer
0. phoneArena 19 Apr 2012, 13:27 posted on
Verizon's Chief Financial Officer again confirmed that shared data plans are on their way, specifying summer 2012 as the official time frame for their release...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. droiddomination (Posts: 203; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
verizon first to blaze a trail again with the sorry dark planet lagging behind.
3. droiddomination (Posts: 203; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
oh forgot, I AM FIRST!!!!!! YEAHHH!!!! oh thanks, got that outta my sysytem. eh emm.
4. wogilvie (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
So, whats the predicted pricing for these shared plans? We pay $60 for our two smarphones. Any chance of it being lower?
5. urc2828 (Posts: 4; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Not to burst anyones bubble, but in a district meeting yesterday one of the data reps for VZW hinted that shared data is only going to be available on LTE devices.
8. nb2six (Posts: 298; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
That makes perfect sense. It not only gets people to move on to the newer network and allow for less congestion, but will at the same time generate a better consumer experience.
11. hobble (Posts: 130; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Verizon isn't releasing any other type of smart phone device, ever.
7. android1234 (Posts: 114; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
I think majority will be moving to LTE, as iPhone 4s is really ther only phone left that is the most popular. But Apple will release the LTE iPhone 5, and every new android phone coming out is LTE.
9. italiapride503 (Posts: 13; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
I can see this going one of two ways...one more people will be switching to verizon because of the shared data plans...people will be getting screwed over because of all the overages of data they have accumlated because of younger kids downloading apps and games that are eating away their data usage. We'll have to see the allowances that they will offer to customers.
10. atheisticemetic (Posts: 377; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
the million dollar question...
how is hotspot going to work??
15. VZWpino (Posts: 5; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
I would assume that even though there would be shared Data, the hotspot would still be a separate feature per line.
12. BattleBrat (Posts: 1387; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Hmmmm i am positive that this is with new plans only. I wish i could share my unlimited data with a tablet, OH WAIT my Archos can bluetooth tether to a phone, but the windows tablet they make cannot, crap. I guess Easy Tether is how I roll for a while...
13. Forsaken77 (Posts: 552; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
At this stage in the game every carrier should offer shared data. There's no excuse that it hasn't been done already. Very soon you won't have to get a plan with "minutes." Everyone will have unlimited talking because carriers will switch their voice services over onto the data network. So there will just be data and nothing else. And there's absolutely no excuse why a person should have to pay to tether another one of their devices to use the data they're already paying for. Hopefully these knuckleheads will see the light and realize how stupid that is.
14. android1234 (Posts: 114; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
Does anyone know if the wireless tether app for rooted sammy galaxy nexus works?