Verizon CFO says free Apple iPhone 4 was a big hit in Q4
0. phoneArena posted on 04 Mar 2013, 22:57
Verizon CFO Fran Shammo, speaking at a Deutsche Bank Conference said that many of the 6.2 million iPhones the carrier activated in the fourth quarter was the Apple iPhone 4 which the carrier offers free with a signed two year pact; the executive also said that Verizon would never give sales reps an incentive to sell low-subsidy devices to improve margins...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wumberpeb posted on 04 Mar 2013, 23:08 4 1
It's s huge hit for Sprint as well, and nobody is buying the iPhone 5. I honestly even sell triple the 4s than I do the 5. There's always going to be that customer who wants an upgrade and just wants the absolute cheapest thing around, regardless of quality, and the iPhone fits the bill perfectly. No mail in rebate makes all the difference
2. wumberpeb posted on 04 Mar 2013, 23:10 6 1
They'll be pissed in a year when that measly 8GB of storage runs out and the phone runs like dog $hit, but you asked for it...SD card for the win
5. anywherehome posted on 05 Mar 2013, 00:22 2 2
just of an interest....if you see this:
why did you buy such an iConboard? :)
I personally wouldn't want any iConboard even for free....its too dumb for everyday usage, you even
1) cant choose your default app
2) or watch your calendar on home screen :)
3) or just plug USB flash with MKV movies
how any one could call any iPhone as a smartphone? :)
4. corporateJP posted on 05 Mar 2013, 00:19 1 1
Just when you think the world is becoming a better place, this roach comes out of hiding.
Straight Talk loves this guy, his customer-friendly policies are great for their bottom line.
6. anywherehome posted on 05 Mar 2013, 00:23 0 2
no, they are just making fun of not so clever customers :)
7. rusticguy posted on 05 Mar 2013, 02:56 1 1
iPhone 3GS is selling for ~10k in India on ebay and still no one is buying for the logo :D
8. bluescreen posted on 05 Mar 2013, 05:27 2 0
the iflop4 was only a big hit in quater 4 was cause it was so cheap
10. gwuhua1984 posted on 05 Mar 2013, 10:40 1 0
And some people claim that Android users are cheap... and iOS users are not... Those ignorant fools....
11. roscuthiii posted on 05 Mar 2013, 16:02 0 0
Ah yes... Verizon's free iPhone 4? Why, it's just the phone that made my mom and Android fangirl. That's right, my mother. Now loves Android because of the iPhone.
After being frustrated with the iPhone she went out and got a Nexus and now keeps pushing for everyone to get Nexus devices. Way to go Apple.