Verizon CFO says free Apple iPhone 4 was a big hit in Q4
0. phoneArena 04 Mar 2013, 22:57 posted on
Verizon CFO Fran Shammo, speaking at a Deutsche Bank Conference said that many of the 6.2 million iPhones the carrier activated in the fourth quarter was the Apple iPhone 4 which the carrier offers free with a signed two year pact; the executive also said that Verizon would never give sales reps an incentive to sell low-subsidy devices to improve margins...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wumberpeb (Posts: 453; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
It's s huge hit for Sprint as well, and nobody is buying the iPhone 5. I honestly even sell triple the 4s than I do the 5. There's always going to be that customer who wants an upgrade and just wants the absolute cheapest thing around, regardless of quality, and the iPhone fits the bill perfectly. No mail in rebate makes all the difference
2. wumberpeb (Posts: 453; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
They'll be pissed in a year when that measly 8GB of storage runs out and the phone runs like dog $hit, but you asked for it...SD card for the win
5. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
just of an interest....if you see this:
why did you buy such an iConboard? :)
I personally wouldn't want any iConboard even for free....its too dumb for everyday usage, you even
1) cant choose your default app
2) or watch your calendar on home screen :)
3) or just plug USB flash with MKV movies
how any one could call any iPhone as a smartphone? :)
4. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Just when you think the world is becoming a better place, this roach comes out of hiding.
Straight Talk loves this guy, his customer-friendly policies are great for their bottom line.
6. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
no, they are just making fun of not so clever customers :)
7. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
iPhone 3GS is selling for ~10k in India on ebay and still no one is buying for the logo :D
8. bluescreen (Posts: 154; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
the iflop4 was only a big hit in quater 4 was cause it was so cheap
9. mrblah (Posts: 576; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
iflop? that phone sold like crazy from day one.
10. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
And some people claim that Android users are cheap... and iOS users are not... Those ignorant fools....
11. roscuthiii (Posts: 2217; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Ah yes... Verizon's free iPhone 4? Why, it's just the phone that made my mom and Android fangirl. That's right, my mother. Now loves Android because of the iPhone.
After being frustrated with the iPhone she went out and got a Nexus and now keeps pushing for everyone to get Nexus devices. Way to go Apple.