Verizon 4G LTE network down again?
0. phoneArena posted on 28 Dec 2011, 13:11
Most recently, the network was affected a few days before Christmas, and now it seems as though some of our readers are telling us that they’ve been encountering issues with it again. Taking a quick look at some of our own Verizon 4G LTE devices, we’ve confirmed that...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. souleater93 posted on 28 Dec 2011, 13:16 0
In Phoenix there is no 4G/3G/1X for LTE phones and there are problems with the voice and texting as well.
71. BattleBrat posted on 28 Dec 2011, 20:24 0
Here in Pasadena, California, No 4g, there is 3g though, voice and texting are fine, strange thing is I'm getting a 4g sim card authentication error
14. Synack posted on 28 Dec 2011, 13:49 4
Until the RAZR / Rez / Nexus was released it was perfectly fine. Once all of this Christmas congestion eases up then it will be back to normal.
21. Synack posted on 28 Dec 2011, 13:56 1
Yeah like 2 in 9 months. My Droid Charge lost 4G LTE like one or two times MAYBE in 7 months.
3. networkdood posted on 28 Dec 2011, 13:18 0
Wow, so far no reported issues for AT&T and 4G LTE. I have the DROID RAZR, but have only experienced 3G - been very reliable, but I prefer WiFi, as it is faster. Still looking forward to 4G LTE, and may have to upgrade to 50.0/10GB when that happens.
4. networkdood posted on 28 Dec 2011, 13:19 0
ok, 3G is down, too.....but I am home.....love my CLEAR Wifi.
6. newman69 posted on 28 Dec 2011, 13:33 0
i'm in northen virginia. still lte not working. only 3g is working
7. JordanCox posted on 28 Dec 2011, 13:35 10
Verizon sucks!!! I don't care, put thumbs down if you want. THE TRUTH HURTS.
45. networkdood posted on 28 Dec 2011, 15:16 2
In terms of coverage, with any carrier, it depends on where you live, and if you have a phone that is not defective.
8. thisiswang posted on 28 Dec 2011, 13:36 1
Here in the greater Philadelphia Area getting 4g speeds around 10mb/s. If this is an outage, I love LTE. :)
64. jtucker1987 posted on 28 Dec 2011, 17:33 1
I've been having problems with 4G and 3G in the Philly area today.
9. ballplyr14610 posted on 28 Dec 2011, 13:40 1
I'm in the Central Virginia Area and no 4G connection here.
11. joshmcgraw posted on 28 Dec 2011, 13:45 2
I live in Orlando and work for Verizon and the 4G network is down. We can't even activate new 4G devices.
13. blakewelwell posted on 28 Dec 2011, 13:46 1
It is down in Salt Lake City, Utah I am not even getting 3g.
22. johnriii posted on 28 Dec 2011, 13:56 0
3G is spotty in KC for about the last 1.5 hours. no 4G at all. can anyone say embarrassed?
24. cappy718 posted on 28 Dec 2011, 14:02 0
Down in Dover DE. 3G went down for a while even on my Bionic, but it's back up now...sort of. It's hard to tell with the building I work in. I did a battery pull and walked outside and 3g came back up. I am getting tired of VZW "most reliable network" tagline. It's been horrible since I've gotten this phone...
25. jczepole posted on 28 Dec 2011, 14:09 0
4G and 3G Down in Albuquerque NM again. This is starting to get irritating since poor coverage was the reason why I broke my contract with Tmobile.
26. Jeremyt727 posted on 28 Dec 2011, 14:14 0
Out here in NY i'm not having any 4G service on my Galaxy Nexus =[ .. But WiFi FTW..
27. ericsorensen posted on 28 Dec 2011, 14:18 0
3G and 4G have been down all day in Louisiana. I flashed a new rom last night on my Galaxy Nexus, so I thougth that was the problem. Restored to stock and it still didn't come up.
28. Andrew_2.0 posted on 28 Dec 2011, 14:20 0
4G is down in parts of the bay area in california, as is 3G, I'm currently connecting on the EVDO-REV1A network, but my mother, with a lesser expensive 4G phone, has no problems connecting to 3G. My 1A network speeds seem to be around 3G though, I dont want to pull my hair out quite yet... Plus it's only spots in town in Vacaville that I dont get 4G, It still comes in at my house...just not at work, where i use my phone most.
29. ballplyr14610 posted on 28 Dec 2011, 14:21 0
Confirmation from Verizon, nationwide 4G outage, should be back up by midnight...according to a Verizon Tech
30. jaabubby posted on 28 Dec 2011, 14:26 0
Nothing in Pittsburgh! No 3G or 4G... It's intermittent...
31. bolaG posted on 28 Dec 2011, 14:27 4
Man what's up with VZW?! Once..OK...Twice...ahhh not so much....Trice....I want my money back you guys suck!
Three times in one month is unacceptable for a cell phone company of Verizon's caliber. I'm gonna need some bill credits this bill cycle :P
32. Rio1983 posted on 28 Dec 2011, 14:30 0
Columbia, SC is having horrid issues with 4g ... Consistently having issues for the last 3 weeks..
33. Mando0316 posted on 28 Dec 2011, 14:31 0
It's still down here in San Antonio. Been having 4G issues since yesterday, though. I didn't even have 3G for a couple of hours today either.
36. BigRed83 posted on 28 Dec 2011, 14:38 0
In the Providence area, 4G is/was down. Because of flux, my BIONIC with the new update couldn't switch back to 3G until out of range of 4G towers. Yeah.
37. iamcc posted on 28 Dec 2011, 14:40 0
Have you tried setting the phone to just look for CDMA towers? That's what i've done the last two times the LTE network was down. Worked fine on my GN
38. archeryhunter1993 posted on 28 Dec 2011, 14:43 0
Verizon service is perfect from Los Angeles to San Diego California.
61. itzmando posted on 28 Dec 2011, 17:00 0
Above LA county, which is my county Ventura County. I am suffering 1 bar 3G to 1X all morning on my GN. Same goes for my mom and younger sisters new Samsung Stratospheres having intermittent signal strength and my dads old Samsung Flipshot showing 1 bar. :(
39. akararules posted on 28 Dec 2011, 14:51 0
Baltimore, MD - No 4G LTE service - HTC Thunderbolt - 3G Works Perfectly
40. DonMateo28 posted on 28 Dec 2011, 14:54 2
Okay Verizon i defendend you last week when this happen, and i have AT&T, can't defend you on this one this time, please get it together
41. vantenkiest posted on 28 Dec 2011, 14:55 0
Droid Razr I got the latest update to the firmware.
3g uber spotty
Wifi Great. 23mbs
however seems that anytime im getting off wifi for longer than 10 min we have a #$*&@^ outage
42. mightyfem posted on 28 Dec 2011, 15:10 0
4G down and 3G, or any connection intermittent in Knoxville, TN
43. nb2six posted on 28 Dec 2011, 15:12 0
LTE down in Central Indiana..Still have 3G thank god..
46. skymitch89 posted on 28 Dec 2011, 15:28 2
"The most dependable 3G network" doesn't seem to have a very dependable 4G network. It seems as though Verizon's 4G is down for at least a few days every 2-4 weeks.
47. iamcc posted on 28 Dec 2011, 15:28 0
I don't know about that.. I've been using LTE since the Thunderbolt's release and other than the first couple days I had my Thunderbolt this is only the second time i've lost service.
51. sleepyjohnny posted on 28 Dec 2011, 15:40 0
I'm right by NYC and 4G seems to be up and working again
57. daddyd302 posted on 28 Dec 2011, 16:27 0
4G is down here in Milwaukee, still got 3G on my Galaxy Nexus.....
58. ssjdarkwing posted on 28 Dec 2011, 16:31 0
I have no service here in Kansas City, MO. On my Moto Droid Bionic
59. techigan posted on 28 Dec 2011, 16:41 0
So it was down in Detroit area for a couple hours, but its all good since I got them to give my unlimited data plus a credit for the downtime. That works for me.