Verizon 4G LTE down nation-wide again?
0. phoneArena posted on 22 Feb 2012, 09:21
Verizon’s blazing fast LTE network is obviously struggling today with users across different states complaining 4G data is down on their devices…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
36. JC557 posted on 22 Feb 2012, 13:08 0 0
That's odd, I still had/ have LTE service on my phone and not one hiccup. It still has it as I'm typing right now. I'm in NYC Queens to Midtown.
Then again, I haven't suffered through any of the past outages.
4. DanMarino13 posted on 22 Feb 2012, 09:33 0 0
Iowa City/Coralville Iowa is down here at Best Buy...ugh.
5. barbsman73 posted on 22 Feb 2012, 09:35 0 0
YEP!!!!!!!!!....Indiana down also......Can we get a credit on our Data bill.....lol
9. vantenkiest posted on 22 Feb 2012, 09:52 0 0
aye here in pittsburgh PA still got signal
im getting better speeds now than i have so far.. 38mbs down
11. PAPINYC posted on 22 Feb 2012, 10:05 1 4
Okay, iAdmit it, my 4G here in NYC is a no show this morning.
I've had to make like an iPhone and use iWiFi (on my DROID RAZR™)
12. nyamo posted on 22 Feb 2012, 10:06 0 0
its spotty here in des moines ia metro. connects then drops and a few minutes later reconects.
13. iamcc posted on 22 Feb 2012, 10:08 0 0
No problems here in southern CT but my girlfriend lost 3G for a bit this morning...
14. krauser1 posted on 22 Feb 2012, 10:15 0 0
Seems to be coming back now. Haven't had a drop in about 30 minutes. Strong 8mbs connection over the course of that time.
18. DOGIEFRESH posted on 22 Feb 2012, 10:58 1 1
VZ should file a lawsuit against those who sold them the LTE hardware, probably they bought a cheap Chinese equipment.....!!!!
19. charulo316 posted on 22 Feb 2012, 11:22 0 0
Down here L.A. Rebooted the phone 3 times and now seems to working 4G again. Droid Bionic.
20. cellgeek82 posted on 22 Feb 2012, 11:33 0 2
Everyone crying over a technology still in its pampers. If you still have 3G you'll still get your data, just a little slower. Wow, what have we become? We still have it made compared to a decade ago.
48. 14545 posted on 22 Feb 2012, 16:10 1 0
Wrong, it knocks my 3g off too. With my TB it didn't, with the bionic, it does.
22. jbayne posted on 22 Feb 2012, 11:43 0 0
Down here in Florida. Why cant they post something on their website about this? Using Samsung Stratosphere
23. issa8 posted on 22 Feb 2012, 12:05 0 0
4G running well on my Galaxy Nexus here in the California (bay area).. although my call quality usually sucks :-\ anyone know when/if they might fix this?
43. sgogeta4 posted on 22 Feb 2012, 14:45 1 0
If you're unlocked and rooted, try a custom ROM such as AOKP and a kernel such as Franco's.
25. Jeradiah3 posted on 22 Feb 2012, 12:21 0 2
I dont know what Verizon is doing, but i havent seen a company with so many issues within a short amount of time!! Why spend billions to revamp your network when it keeps having issues...........especially their LTE service which has gained a ton of customers over AT&T and Sprint. Hopefully they'll resolve this issue or they'll start losing customers
27. iamcc posted on 22 Feb 2012, 12:26 5 1
You've never seen a company that had brand new technology fail a few times the first year it's deployed? Where have you been?
LTE is not only new tech to VZW but nobody has expanded this kind of network this fast in the US before. There are bound to be problems here and there..
26. Paden posted on 22 Feb 2012, 12:26 4 0
Unplug it. Then plug it back in. You're welcome Verizon.
29. ssjdarkwing posted on 22 Feb 2012, 12:37 0 0
Kansas City is experiencing the outage as well. Getting 3G on my Motorola Droid Bionic since 6:30AM.
32. bzak55 posted on 22 Feb 2012, 12:46 0 0
NO 4G OR EVEN 3G IN CRESTLINE OHIO! WHAT ELSE IS NEW! VERIZON COVERAGE HERE IS HORRIBLE.
33. dunnlow posted on 22 Feb 2012, 13:04 0 0
Down in northern VA this morning :( Paying a premium for flawless service is making less and less sense.
35. dunnlow posted on 22 Feb 2012, 13:07 1 0
To be clear, had NO data this morning (wasn't 4G network specific)
34. baileyboy posted on 22 Feb 2012, 13:05 0 0
3G was out far a while in parts of Denver yesterday, and again today in areas. 4G is running okay.
38. itzmando posted on 22 Feb 2012, 13:27 0 0
San Diego, CA has 4G coverage. No problems here all morning with my GNex. Seems its East coast and some mid west.
39. mallkioskguy posted on 22 Feb 2012, 13:34 0 0
4G hella fast and still up n running. Bay Area Cali.
41. KingKurogiii posted on 22 Feb 2012, 14:22 0 0
no problems here in Orlando, FL.
oh well, this is just the price of an aggressive roll out which i am willing to pay. o:
42. MagicTaco posted on 22 Feb 2012, 14:32 0 0
Did not have service for a while this morning in Tucson, AZ;
44. Habib posted on 22 Feb 2012, 15:56 0 0
My service WAS down early morning till around 11am-12pm..
45. 05blacksrt4 posted on 22 Feb 2012, 16:01 1 3
HAHAHHAAHAHA this is great.....how everyone syas verizons netwrok is the best this that and another.... guess what my att network is working great!!
46. KingKurogiii posted on 22 Feb 2012, 16:03 1 0
i'm sure it is where you're lucky enough to get it. :P
49. Whateverman posted on 22 Feb 2012, 16:23 2 0
Some of you AT&T custmoers make me laugh. There was been about 7 outages in the last year, totaling 7 days out of 365 where only VZW's 4G was not working ...and you think that makes AT&T better??? Whatever you have to tell yourself to justify paying VZW prices while getting T-Mobile coverage.
50. KingKurogiii posted on 22 Feb 2012, 16:30 1 0
that's exactly what i tell them except i counted four hundred something days of having Verizon 4G LTE. xD
51. 05blacksrt4 posted on 22 Feb 2012, 16:43 0 0
hahaha thumbs down me all you want i have been all across the us with att coverage and have had no issues with coverage or service!
52. KingKurogiii posted on 22 Feb 2012, 16:53 0 0
soooo you're talking about 3G. :P
53. trin posted on 22 Feb 2012, 17:51 0 0
Funny how the network came back up hours ago and this story has yet to be updated. and you wonder why some accuse you guys of being att-iphone users.
54. bayusuputra posted on 22 Feb 2012, 23:46 1 0
you guys are lucky to at least have LTE (although problematic right now)..
here in Singapore, there's only 3G, and the carriers charge exorbitant price, and guess what, if you are moving inside a bus, you can't use them.. you can only use them practically when you are in an open space with clear sky view, and not moving..